Geranium in our time is almost the most common indoor plant. Even in the Middle Ages, geranium decorated both window sills of commoners and aristocratic greenhouses.
Geranium has a lot of advantages, at the same time it can be both a houseplant and an ornament of your garden. There are a lot of geranium species, it can satisfy the taste of almost every person, however, it also has healing properties. Geranium also has the advantage of scaring domestic insects, for example, aphids. Taking care of geraniums at home is so easy that it can be done even by a novice gardener.
Features care for geraniums at home
- For geranium growth at home the most optimal temperature is room temperature. In winter, a pot of geranium is best placed in a place where the air temperature will be slightly lower than room temperature - from +10 to +15 C. Geranium loves light very much, the place for its growth should be as light as possible, and a small amount of direct sunlight is allowed. If the plant lacks light, the geranium will not bloom so abundantly, and its leaves will become small.
- Geranium does not need sprinkling of leaves., for it is not so important for the humidity of the air in the room, and moreover - it can damage it. It is necessary to water the geranium quite often and abundantly., but it does not tolerate stagnant water in the pot, so it will be enough just to keep the soil moist.
- Geranium does not tolerate fresh organic fertilizers. Fertilize it should be as follows: during flowering or growth, the geranium is fed twice a month with conventional fertilizers.
- Regular Geranium transplants also do not tolerate, This manipulation with the plant should be carried out in cases when the roots of the plant have grown, and the former pot has become small or when you accidentally overfilled the ground with water. Geranium does not like too wide pots, their diameter should be slightly larger than before. Geranium Ground the choice is not necessarily special; ordinary garden soil may also be suitable for it, but you can also prepare special soil from the following types of soil: 8 parts of turf soil, 1 part of sand and 2 parts of humus. Read more about transplanting geraniums in the article Geranium room: care and reproduction.
- Geranium propagates at home by cuttings, failures in this case can be almost not to be afraid, although also geranium can be propagated and seeded. In the second case, the inflorescences of geraniums are larger, and the plant itself turns out to be more compact, but the reproduction of geraniums in this way is a very complicated and painstaking task. In the case of geranium breeding cuttings - they must be cut at the end of summer or at the very beginning of autumn, on the cutting there should be 4-5 leaves, then put in a glass with water and wait for the roots to appear, and after that they are planted in a pot with soil.
Growing indoor geraniums outside
A pot of geranium is not necessary to plant in the street ground, simply after the end of the frost to bring the plant pot to the street. But if you decided to plant geraniums on the street, then any place on your front garden can be suitable for this.
The only condition - do not allow the stagnation of water. In the autumn, the geranium with a lump of earth can be put in a pot and again put on home-grown mode. But if the plant has grown too much, then you can cut off the cuttings from it and grow new shoots in small pots.
Problems in growing geraniums at home
Most often panic when growing geraniums at home causes yellowing of the leaves. But sometimes it is common and may be associated with the death of old leaves of the plant. It can also serve as a signal that the plant needs to be transplanted into a new, more spacious pot.
More serious problem - This is when the plant begins to be affected by rust, in which case the geranium must be treated with a bord mixture.
Geranium from nature is a highly capable germ and has the ability to prevent bacteria from entering the room. Besides blooming geranium is a very beautiful sight, Yes, care for her does not require more effort!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Polina