The ability to knit always calls for respect from others, because it requires skill, perseverance, and things turn out unique. It is believed that knitting on needles - counting loops, monotonous knitting of each row - has a therapeutic effect. And in order to please not only the process, but also the result, it is necessary to master the techniques well, in particular, the facial and garter stitch.
Elementary patterns for knitting
As in any kind of needlework, you need to begin acquaintance with the basics of knitting with simple, basic patterns. They, like any of the most intricate patterns, are built on a combination of facial and purl loops. To get the front loop, you need to stretch the thread into the loop grabbed by the spokes. To knit a purl loop, the thread is passed through the front. From the alternation of facial, purl, and also the formation of nakida (air loops, which are obtained when the thread attaches to the knitting needle and in the next row is knitted like the other loops), original patterns are obtained. The most simple in execution are the garter and stocking knit. These types of drawings were once used in the most popular products - down scarves and stockings (hence the name). But even today, products associated with a garter or stocking (face) satin finish are in demand.
Features of a garter binder
If you want to learn how to knit, then the scarves knitting, the scheme, the description of which will be set forth below, is the most successful beginning. Not for nothing this needlewoman, as already mentioned, was making handkerchiefs. The pattern is an alternation of smooth and relief, "scaly" rows. In the old days, this type of knitting was called "hazel", "beds" or "string". Shawl knitting has several advantages compared with other patterns:
- keeps its shape well, does not stretch;
- adds to the finished product the necessary volume for knitted things;
- does not deform (loops do not move out and do not disperse);
- does not twist the edges of the product;
- is an excellent background for more complex drawings.
So, to understand the basics of knitting, you will need:
- Knitting needles No. 5 (the thickness corresponding to this number allows you to knit large enough loops and avoid overtightening the yarn);
- any yarn of medium thickness (acrylic threads are more suitable for beginners, as they are not confused and are flexible in their work).
The execution of the garter pattern is as follows:
- For the prototype, we collect 20 loops plus two edging - they make the edges of the product neat and even.
- We knit the first row. Grabing the back side of the loop with the left knitting needle with the left one, stretch the thread through it, which is positioned freely on the index finger of the left hand, and form a new loop. This is a classic way to knit facial loops.
- We knit the second row in the same way, but now all the time from the left knitting needle we seize a loop not from behind, but from the front, so that the drawing does not twist. This method of looping is called "grandmother".
- We knit 10 rows, fasten the sample with a hook.
This method is based on facial loops - the pattern is smooth. If you knit on circular needles, then make sure that the base of the loop is not twisted. To do this, remove it from the spokes and turn in the "right" direction.
There is another way in which a shawl web can be knitted. For this are used purl loops. That is, the thread is drawn through the front edge of the loop on the left needle. Then the product will have a more loose, wavy structure. For some needlewomen, this method of dressing seems more convenient, since even and odd rows fit in identically, which can be seen, for example, in the video about workmanship with knitting needles.
In any case, the cloth knitted by the garter method is one-sided: it does not have a “face” and a reverse side, therefore it was used for knitting shawls and scarves. Currently, this pattern is used to create scarves, snoops, hats or pullovers. By placing the pattern vertically, it is possible to lengthen the silhouette of the finished product and, moreover, not to be afraid that over time it will stretch and become excessively wide.
And then follow the instructions:
- We collect 20 loops and two edging. Unlike hosiery, the front surface has a tendency to curl around the edges. Therefore, the finished product must always be stripped.
- We knit the first row as purl loops - then the edge will not curl up into a tube, causing inconvenience in further work.
- The second row will already knit facial loops. We monitor the uniformity of pulling loops.
- The knitting pattern consists in alternating rows of two types of eyelets.
- Knitting 20 rows, close the loop with a hook and evaluate the result.
If you want knitting to be more dense, you can knit loops in the "grandmother's" way.
Hosiery and kerchief knitting, the scheme, the description of which was presented above, is the basis for comprehending the most complex, much more original drawings. Despite its uncomplicated, basic patterns require a certain skill and skill. Therefore, it is necessary to “rehearse” more than once or twice, so that in the end a truly high-quality canvas comes out from under the spokes. But when you master these techniques perfectly, completely new horizons will open up before you!