Flower lovers are more and more often pleased at the shelves of flower shops, new plants. Sometimes we like the plant in the store so much that we don’t go home until we buy it. However, difficulties begin at home. We may not know the characteristics of this plant and create unfavorable environmental conditions for it in which it begins to wither. This is especially true for capricious plants.
Gardenia jasminoid is among them. This indoor plant is not recommended to start for beginners, because they can destroy it. However, if you want to decorate one of the rooms of your house with a green beauty with luxurious white flowers, you should read this article.
Jasmine-shaped gardenia is a houseplant that will decorate both living quarters and working offices, creating an atmosphere of sophistication and charm.
The appearance of gardenia jasmine
Jasmine-shaped gardenia is a decorative flowering houseplant (read the article Types of Houseplants). In height, it can reach half a meter.
The leaves are oval-shaped, shiny, up to 10 cm long. White flowers double or semi-double, up to 7 cm in size, vaguely resemble rose or rosehip flowers. The flowers have a pleasant aroma.
Location in the house of gardenia jasmine
As mentioned above, the jasmine-shaped gardenia is a charming modern indoor plant and is suitable for any premises. You can bring it with you to work and put it at your desk to occasionally look away for such beauty. However, proper care for the garden jasmine-shaped, you can only implement at home.
- Houses for her perfect living room. There are often you, your family members and friends. The presence of a gentle and at the same time luxurious plant in this room will be very much enjoyed by everyone.
- Do not lose, if you place the gardenia jasminoid in your own bedroom, near your bed.
- For the children's room, the gardenia jasmine-shaped will also be an excellent flower. Kids will love it.
- Gardenia jasminoid though modern indoor plant, but not only suitable for the modern home environment. On this account, gardenia jasmine are called universal, because it will be successful in any interior and with any design decision.
Jasmine-shaped gardenia is an extremely demanding and capricious plant. Therefore, it often gives beginning gardeners difficulties in caring.
Experienced flower lovers advise to maintain a relatively constant temperature environment for gardenia jasmine-shaped, and also to water it very carefully, trying not to touch the buds (otherwise they may fall off).
- During the period of budding and flowering, gardenia jasmine-shaped is not recommended to be moved from place to place and touched or touched with other objects. It requires the so-called tactile peace.
- The lighting is bright sunshine. In the summer it is necessary to shade from direct sunlight on the plant.
- The temperature is moderate. In winter, it should not fall below 15 ° C. The optimum temperature is 22 ° C.
- Humidity is high. With moderate humidity, frequent spraying of gardenia leaves is required.
- Watering plentiful. In winter, watering is reduced. For watering gardenias always use soft, warm water!
- Gardenia jasmine-like stem cuttings are propagated.
- Jasmine-shaped gardenia is transplanted, usually in spring in a year or two.
Pests and diseases of gardenia jasmine
Unfortunately, a charming green beauty can be affected by a spider mite, a scythe, a mealybug, a whitefly.
To prevent their occurrence, follow all recommendations for the care of the garden jasmine in this article. In case of strong lesions, use insecticides.
Gardenia jasminoid though whimsical in care, but it's worth it! Beauty, as they say, requires sacrifice. But the gentle indoor flower will serve as a wonderful gift and will fit the decor of any room in your house.