Aphid is a pest capable of causing irreparable damage to your harvest in a short period of time. The insect is distinguished by its rare fertility and endurance. Cope with raids aphids will help you proven folk remedies.
Aphids on plants: signs of appearance
The insect can settle on any plant: flowers, trees, herbs and vegetables. You can detect the parasite by the following features:
- Honeydew on the leaves of the plant. It has a sweetish taste that attracts many insects, especially ants. If you have noticed a large accumulation of ants on a plant, it means that it was chosen by aphid.
- Plants take on a painful look. They cease to bloom, the leaves begin to curl and turn yellow, the tops of the shoots are deformed, the yield of fruit crops drops sharply.
- The pest can be found on the lower side of the leaves, around the growth points, on the buds, shoots and pedicels. Insect length is only 2 mm. The adult aphid has a grayish-white or green-yellow color.
Aphid Remedies: Appearance Prevention
There is a mandatory prevention for plants, observing that you do not have to think further about how to get rid of the pest:
- You can not overfeed the plants and limit them in the fresh air. If you grow crops in a greenhouse, be sure to air it;
- Keep plants clean by timely removing diseased and dry leaves;
- Prevent the spread of ants, which contribute to the reproduction and preservation of aphids on the leaves.
- If you followed all precautions and preventive measures, but the pest nevertheless settled on your site, they will come to help you. folk remedies for aphids.
The fight against aphids folk remedies
Folk remedies - effective help in pest control. Their main advantage is that they do not harm plants, animals and people. But at the same time, they do an excellent job with the task, saving your garden from insects.
- All presented tinctures and decoctions are best added to the soap solution from tar or household soap (per 10 l of a solution of 40 g of soap).
- Aphid remedy on trees. Fill 3 liters of hot water with 300 g of onion peel. Leave to infuse for 2 to 3 days. Dissolve the resulting tincture with soapy water and spray the trees 3 times in 5 days.
- Boil 500 g of tops and leaves of tomatoes in a bucket of water. After boiling boil means for half an hour. Prepared broth, before use, dilute in clean water (2 liters of decoction to 10 liters of water).
- Chop 1.5 kg of fresh potato tops and 1 kg of dry potato tops. Fill the mass with a bucket of hot water and leave to infuse for 4 - 5 hours. Prepared infusion sprayed trees in the evening until the complete disappearance of aphids.
- Currant Aphid Remedy. Fill 2 kg of tobacco with 15 liters of water at a temperature of 60 degrees. Leave the remedy for a day, after - strain. The resulting tincture is diluted in water (10 liters of water - 2 liters of tincture). Spray currants with the prepared product. Also, this solution is suitable for getting rid of thrips, sawflies and leafworms.
- Pour 15 liters of warm water with 1.5 kg of dry orange peels. Insist the remedy for 3 days. Spray the plant with the prepared infusion.
- Aphid remedy on tomatoes. Dissolve 30 g of mustard powder in 10 l of warm water. Spray the tomatoes with the prepared mixture.
- In 60-degree water (15 liters) add 1.5 kg of pharmacy chamomile. Insist means 15 hours. Then, strain the tincture and add 3 parts of soapy water. The resulting composition process tomatoes.
- Grass and roots of celandine (1.5 kg) pour 15 liters of boiling water. Insist the composition of 2 - 3 days. After the solution can be processed tomatoes from aphids.
- Remedy for aphids on roses. Finely chop horse sorrel. 0.5 kg of chopped sorrel pour 15 liters of water. Insist 2 - 3 days, then process the flowers.
- In 15 liters of water, boil 3 kg of fresh and 1 kg of dry yarrow. Cooked broth can be stored no more than 5 days in a closed container. The prepared remedy effectively fights the parasite on roses.
- Prepare a coniferous concentrate: pour 5 tbsp. needles 12 liters of water. Insist the remedy for 2 days, after which you can process the roses.
- Cure for aphids on cucumbers. In 15 liters of water, add 70 g of dried hellebore roots. Insist means 5 to 7 hours. Cooked tincture spray cucumbers.
- For half an hour, boil 1.5 kg of chopped bitter stalk in 15 liters of water. The prepared composition perfectly copes with aphids on cucumbers.
The most effective remedy for aphids
- For 100% pest control, gardeners often use ash. 0.5 kg of ash pour 12 liters of boiling water and boil for 20 minutes. After the tool can be used for processing plants.
- Prepare a dandelion tincture: chop 500 g of leaves and 400 g of dandelion roots and pour 12 liters of water. Insist means 3 to 5 hours, after which it can be applied as intended. Spraying tincture is carried out several times.
- Pour 300 g of chopped nettle with 1.5 liters of water. Leave the product for 3 hours, after, they can spray the flowers and trees.
- Pour ½ bucket of dry marigolds with 10 liters of warm water. Insist 2 days, strain and add 50 g of soap. The solution is ready. They can handle any plants.
See also: How to get rid of ants in the greenhouse?
Aphid is a tiny parasite that can seriously harm your crop. To get rid of it, gardeners often turn to folk remedies. Acting on the instructions and observing all the rules, you will certainly save your garden from pests!