Many women fear planting flowering houseplants. The main argument for this is the idea that they require special care. However, it is immediately contradicted by the others - these flowers are attractive and, like no others, are able to decorate an apartment and create comfort in it. The way out of this situation will be unpretentious indoor plants.
How to grow beautiful marshmallows?
One of the attractive flowers is zephyranthes. To many, it is better known under the name "water lily", and, meanwhile, does not apply to lilies. The plant will appeal to many, especially those who are able to feel great in an ordinary apartment at room temperature and with sufficient light. It even carries direct sunlight, which for many are destructive.
There are several varieties of zephyranthes (or "upstarts," as they call it differently): Atamasco, large-flowered, white, golden, multicolored, and zephyranthesLindley. About each of them should tell more.
Zephyranthes Atamasko. The homeland of this species of flower is America. The plant has leaves of lily-lancelot form of dark green color. The flowers of this variety are pink or white. The plant blooms in spring with buds about 8 cm in diameter.
With proper care, being at home, it will bloom from mid-spring to late summer. In winter, the plant requires a temperature of 16-18 degrees, good lighting and proper watering.
Flowers of large-flowered marshmallows almost 2 times more than that of his brother described above. It blooms with funnel-shaped flowers with orange stamens.
White Zephyranes came to us from Argentina. Its leaves are narrow and long, resembling onion feathers. Its flowers reach 6 cm in diameter and are white in color. Flowering plant begins in the second half of summer and lasts until autumn. In winter, the plant will feel comfortable at a temperature of about 10-12 degrees Celsius.
Zefirantes golden hails from Peru. Like Atamasko, it has flowers up to 8 cm in diameter, only they bloom in winter and have a yellow color. The plant boasts quite long (up to 30 cm) leaves.
Lindley's Zephyranthes is perhaps the most capricious of the varieties. He needs not only good lighting, but also dressing. Flower fertilizer should be dealt with the arrival of spring and continue until the end of flowering. The plant blooms pink flowers with a diameter of about 7 cm.
Its name is a multi-colored zephyranthes due to the fact that its flowers are red-green on the outside and white on the inside. The beginning of flowering plants comes in January. The flower grows well in rooms with moderately warm temperatures.
- Zefirantes ideal lazy growers. This flower is not afraid of temperature changes and quite unpretentious. In the warm season, a temperature of 19-23 degrees will be suitable for it, and in winter 8-14 degrees.
- As for lighting, this plant can be put on the windows facing west or east. If you have a private house, then it will be easy to ensure comfortable conditions for zephyranthes, just put it in partial shade on the veranda.
- Water marshmallows need to be quite often, but not too plentiful, so as not to provoke rotting bulbs. If the room is very dry, do not be lazy to give the flower additional moisture by sprinkling it. It should be borne in mind that in winter, some types of zephyranthes shed their leaves. When this happens, watering the flower should be stopped. If the plant leaves a few leaves, it requires watering, but this should be done very rarely.
- The flower should grow in neutral soil. You will achieve the best results by placing it in a mixture of sod, leaf earth, sand and peat, taken in equal quantities. When buying soil for a flower, remember that it must be nutritious, have a light and loose texture.
- Feed a flower once every 2 weeks with any fertilizer intended for bulbous plants.
Strelitzia: flower care features
This plant is bright and original. It will undoubtedly be a decoration of your house or apartment. It blooms in about 5-6 years in the spring and blooms for several weeks. Increase the likelihood of flowering plants can, bringing it in the spring to fresh air. If you grow Strelitzia in the home, then provide her with a fairly spacious pot. The larger the pot, the higher the likelihood of flowering.
- In summer, the flower feels good at temperatures up to 24 degrees, while in winter it enters the stage of rest, therefore the temperature regime of 14-18 degrees becomes optimal.
- The lighting required for Strelice, should be bright, but in the heat of the plant should be protected from exposure to direct sunlight. As for irrigation, it should be produced abundantly during its growth. This process in a flower lasts from spring to summer.
- With the onset of autumn, watering needs to be reduced, and in winter it is necessary to wait until the soil is almost completely dry, only then give moisture to the plant. By the way, Strelitzia prefers moist air, so it is worth periodically sprinkling it with water from a spray bottle.
- You need to feed the plant infrequently - only 2 times a month, and then in the warm season.
How to care for Jacobinia?
Jacobinia will suit both fans of flowering and decorative leafy plants. This plant is recommended for people who are just trying themselves in floriculture, because it does not have the complex requirements of comfortable maintenance.
- If you still decide to grow Jacobinia as a flowering plant, then place it in a place where there is a bright, diffused light. In winter, exposure to direct sunlight is shown. In summer, it is better to keep this flower from the scorching sun and place it on the air (for example, on the balcony). It is necessary to gradually adapt the plant to sunlight.
- As for the temperature, Jacobinia needs a moderate regime, but the plant suffers the summer heat quite favorably. The most suitable temperature for a flower is 20-25 degrees of the body. In winter, it is necessary to provide conditions in which the temperature will not drop to below 16 degrees.
- The irrigation regime in Jacobinia is similar to most indoor plants. That is, in the summer during the flowering period, water the plant abundantly, but not very often. Excessive watering can harm the plant. In winter, watering should be reduced. The plant does not tolerate dry air, so do not forget to regularly spray it. It is better to put the pot in a deep enough tray with moss or wet expanded clay.
- Fertilizing the jacobinia can be done with both mineral and organic fertilizers. During the period of active growth, fertilizing should be done every 10 days. It should be noted that the plant may not bloom if there is too much fertilizer.
- If you have Jacobin in your apartment, do not forget that she needs pruning. This event should be held in the spring, before the plant begins a period of active growth. Shoots must be cut to one-third or even half. Such actions will allow your pathogen to bloom more loudly.
- Diplomatic flower: care
- Azalea: care after flowering
Growing flowering plants at home is not only pleasant, but not as troublesome as it may seem at first glance. If you choose the right flowers, then decorating your home will not make you much difficulty. It is only necessary to master the basic rules of care and strictly adhere to them.