Indoor flowers - an essential attribute of home comfort. In order for them to grow well, you need to think about the locations of the pots. Therefore, you should get in advance stands for plants. You can make them with your own hands. Some designs are made of improvised means in a matter of hours.
What can be flower stands?
Flower stands are divided into 2 types. They are floor and wall. The latter should be particularly durable. With a heavy load, the whole structure can simply fall to the floor. Therefore, if you have several large pots, it is better to stay on the 1st type of coasters.
A more rational approach to the creation of such structures can be considered the manufacture of light decorative options.
Stand of cans
You will need:
- Wooden plank
- Acrylic white and brown
- Pipe holder
- Self tapping screws
- Beautiful cans of the same diameter as the tube holder
- Spatula or iron brush
- Board need to pre-decorate. To do this, degrease it. After a while we cover with a darker acrylic paint. It should be chosen instead of alkyd, as it is less toxic, odorless and dries relatively quickly. After a few hours, cover the dried board with white paint. Again, leave the workpiece for several hours.
- We age the surface with a sharp edge of a spatula or an iron brush. To do this in a chaotic manner, apply short and long scratches across the board. The blank in the final form should be made in the style of shebby chic.
- Mark the installation locations of the cans with a pencil. To do this, take the attachment for pipes. They look like sliding rings with a hole for mounting. Attach them in the right places. Then, holding each one with one hand, fasten them to the screw.
- We decorate banks. They can also be coated with acrylic paint of any color. Choose a jar to fit the size of the future flower. After painting, earth is poured into it and a flower is planted.
- It remains only to attach the board to the wall. To do this, mark the points on the wall for mounting. Then drill them with a drill. Insert the dowel into the hole. After that, we put the board-stand on the screw. Banks with planted plants inserted into the metal mount. Their upper part can be decorated with a twine at will.
- It is best to use a similar stand for shade-loving plants. If it is located near the window, you can put violets in the banks.
Wooden flower baskets: master class
Stands can be made from treated wood, plywood or MDF. In the latter cases, the basic material must be moisture resistant, as it may deteriorate due to periodic spraying of the plants.
A rather convenient option is a stand for several pots.
You will need:
- Dowels and screws
- To begin with we will sketch a stand template. It consists of 9 parts. 2 circles will be a bottom-base and top, and several rectangular blanks will be a bearing support. The approximate diameter of the circle is 40 cm. The height of the rectangular parts is 50 cm. With such dimensions, the flower stand will come out fairly stable.
- To begin with, we transfer the necessary dimensions to MDF. After this, we cut out 3 identical circles, 2 narrow rectangles and one wide.
- One of the circles is cut with a jigsaw perpendicular to the center point. We should have 4 sectors.
- Take 2 large circles and a wide rectangle. Schedule labels for mounting and drill them. Then carefully plant the parts on the screws. They should look like this: 2 circles and a diagonal between them a rectangle.
- Moving on to embedding other rectangles. They need to be placed at an angle of 90 degrees to the wider one. Details are also attached to the screws.
- The sawn sectors will need to be positioned at any convenient level in the parts resulting from the intersection of rectangles. Best of all, they look at different levels. Sector also put on screws.
- After cutting the blanks, you may notice that the edges have remained unprocessed. They can be clasped on their own or hand over parts of the future stand to the furniture base, where a specialist will do it.
How to make flower stands on the windowsill?
Many housewives are faced with the fact that the only bright place in the apartment for growing flowers is the windowsill. In this situation, he just physically can not accommodate all the indoor plants. To solve the problem will help hanging stand for flowers. Make it possible for the walls. In this case, they are equipped with additional lighting.
You will need:
- Several boards of the same width and length
- Sturdy ropes
- Acrylic paint
- Anchor bolts
- Flower pots
- This flower stand is designed for a certain number of pots of the same type. The design is essentially suspended. Therefore, you need to pay special attention to the mount. To begin with, we will determine the length of each shelf and the number of pots. If we make a stand for the window sill, then we can start it along the whole space.
- Then we plan on the boards of the location of the pots. To do this, put one of them, turning it upside down. We outline it to the diameter of the upper part. Then we recede from the circle the verified distance and trace the following locations of flowers.
- Using the jigsaw we cut out these circles. Easier to do so. In one of the points of the line we drill a hole with a drill. Then we put a jig saw in it and cut it in a circle.
- If the formed hole came out with chips, then we pass along it with emery paper.
- We carry out holes for fastening. To do this, drill them with a drill with a large diameter at the corners of each board. Holes must be located at the same distance.
- Then we form two large cuts of the rope (about 2-3 m.). It should be twisted and strong enough. Pull one of them through the left holes in the boards. Better to do it from the bottom up. Under each hole and above it we tie a rope in a knot. This will help keep the board. It is better to start coupling the shelf from the upper holes. Then you need to leave a little rope to hang the structure and put it down again through the lower holes. Do the same with the other cut and the opposite side.
- On the upper part of the window opening, we mark the points for mounting the stand. The distance between them is equal to the length of the boards. We drill them with a drill, and then mount the anchor bolt into the holes. Ensure that the mount sits securely in the concrete.
- Almost finished stand paint any acrylic paint. If your flowers require periodic spraying, then the surface should be covered with waterproof varnish or any means to protect the wood indoors. After the boards are dry, hang it by the anchor bolts. At the end we plant in pots, which were surrounded by holes, flowers. Carefully insert them into the holes of the stand.
Do-it-yourself flower stand is not just a part of interior decor. Thanks to it, you can adjust the amount of sunlight needed by plants. The most common option - outdoor. Independently such supports are made of wood or mdf. There are more simple decorative options. So, flower stands are often made in the form of hanging shelves.