Each gardener knows how nice it is to see flower beds on his plot. They give aesthetics space. In most cases, the formation of flower beds need to think through in advance. If you want to get a quick result, and not wait for 2-3 years, then it is better to pay attention to annuals. They will help to form beautiful beds in the first year of planting.
Continuous flowering flower schemes
Annuals are chosen because of the quick result. At the same time to form beds of them - this is half the problem. It is much more important to plant flowers correctly. It will depend on this bloom. The design and appearance of the flower bed - a minor matter. They can be any.
Most gardeners focus on annual blooms in early May. Such an early date imposes its own characteristics on planting and caring for plants. Mostly at this time there are still frosts. Therefore, planting seeds immediately in the open ground can lead to the fact that nothing will ascend. The best way out in this situation is to plant flowers in a seedling way. Time is determined depending on the variety and the individual characteristics of the plants. On average, most annuals begin to dissolve the inflorescences 40-60 days after the first shoots. It turns out that seedlings need to start growing at the end of February or March.
After you have decided on the time of planting flowers, it is worth considering which varieties to use. In order for the flowerbed to bloom continuously, you can use annuals with the same indicators. On average, their flowering should last about 2-3 months. These flowers include marigolds, kosmeyu, begonia, various ornamental herbs like sage. When choosing a variety should pay attention to the height. She plays a major role in the composition of the flower garden. You can plant plants of the same height or make a tiered flower bed.
How to plant flowers in a bed?
Once you have decided on the height of the flower beds and varieties, you should proceed to the cultivation of seedlings. This method is used not only for early and lush flowering. Usually, seedlings are more healthy and resistant to diseases and pests than flowers planted with seeds in open ground. Planting begins with disinfection and sorting. It is necessary to remove the damaged grains and place the remaining potassium permanganate solution for 20 minutes. Then the seeds are put on wet gauze and sent to a warm place. After the first shoots appear, the seeds are planted. You can use ready store soil mixed with garden soil. In this case, the latter should be heated in the oven or disinfected with a solution of potassium permanganate. Seeds are planted at a short distance from each other in boxes or individual pots. Then they are put in a bright place. In case of poor lighting, they illuminate with additional lamps. A week before landing in the ground seedlings begin to harden. It is first taken to fresh air for 10 minutes. Then the duration is increased, bringing it to 1 night. During this period, you should begin active preparation of beds and consider the design.
First you need to choose a place. It should not be in the shade. The first flower bed is recommended to do not very big. 10 sq.m. will be enough. Also, do not create a flower garden of complex shape. The first time you will be very difficult to care for him: weed weeds, form lines. Beds of annuals may be the most simple oval or rectangular shape. Work on them begins with digging the ground. If the soil is not very fertile, then during the work on cultivation it is necessary to introduce organic fertilizer. There are also plants that can grow on virtually any, even scanty, land. The most unpretentious, giving good flowering under any conditions, are marigold, phlox, decorative sunflower, kosmeya. After you dig up the ground, it is worthwhile to designate the location of different varieties of flowers.
Flower beds from annuals
It is considered that no more than 3 plant species should be used for the first flower of annuals. This ensures easy care and, consequently, good flowering. Flowerbeds can be formed in 3 ways.
- Uniform carpet - most often created from a single plant species. For a multi-colored flower bed, different shades of the same flower are used. Similar flower beds can be seen in many city squares. They are very easy to care for, because requirements for the care of the same flowers. Yes, and this flowerbed looks spectacular.
- Multi-tiered flower bed - formed by the joint arrangement of low and high flowers. The main rule - low plants are brought to the forefront, while those with a long stem are planted from behind. You can create flower beds on the contrast - low, and then tall plants. Another way is gradation. To do this, create a gradual transition levels. These beds are more difficult to care for than the first ones. You will have to spend a lot of time to maintain clear lines.
- Creating curbs and paths - usually made from 2 types of plants. The effect is achieved thanks to the curb. A plant with bright flowers or leaves is planted along the perimeter of the flowerbed. Mainly used marigolds. Beautifully around the edges is overwhelmed by the host. Such beds are made quite simply and does not require special care.
There are many examples of light in the formation, but at the same time very beautiful flower beds. For novice gardeners can approach a flower bed of a round shape of several types of plants. The circle is formed by a stick and a rope (its length is equal to the radius of the flower bed). They are tied together. Then stick stick in the center of the alleged flower beds. Moving the rope, outlines its radius, sprinkling the line with sand. Thus a circle is formed. To ensure that the plants are located exactly in their places, it is necessary to make a preliminary sketch, marking the desired distance for each species. In the center you can land a stunted petunia, and around - marigolds. For higher flower beds suitable zenaria. It is also used to create a decorative border because of the beautiful silver shade of the leaves. If you have little space, and you want to make a flower garden, you can create decorative paths. To do this, plants with a height of 50-70 cm are planted in the right direction.
In order for the flowerbed of annuals to be ironed effectively, you should follow several rules:
- When planting between plants should leave a place (10-15 cm.). At first it will create the effect of bald spots, but then the space will grow. The distance is necessary for the normal development of colors.
- If your climate is characterized by prolonged rains, the flower bed should be raised above ground level. To do this, you can dig up the soil and form a small pile. Then it should be tamped and planted seedlings into the ground. Thus, the water will not stagnate at the roots, but will simply flow down.
- When creating large flower beds should provide tracks. This will help you take care of the flowerbed - remove weeds, adjust the shape in different places.
- Take care of the mounds around the flower bed. It is considered that the drainage or stones around the flower beds is a design element. In fact, they have a practical function. During the rain, they do not allow the flow of dirt to go beyond the flowerbeds and disrupt the shape of the flower bed.
In order for the flowerbed to bloom for a long time and to delight you with its appearance, you need to think through many little things. First you need to decide on the number of plants and the time of planting on seedlings. It is best to choose flowers that require similar care. This will get a good bloom. Then you need to choose a place and sketch a sketch of a future flower bed.