Fern is an incredibly beautiful plant, considered one of the most ancient. Of the many types of ferns, you can select a sufficiently large number of ornamental species that are suitable for growing at home. Fern requires careful treatment and proper care at home.
Secrets of caring for ferns at home
There are no particular difficulties in caring for ferns at home. It requires constant care, but it refers to unpretentious plants.
- The most harmful conditions for fern - it is dry land and dry air. He needs to ensure high humidity and carefully monitor that the potted earth does not dry out. To do this, it is enough to regularly water and spray the fern. A sprinkler is best suited as it creates a water mist that has a wonderful effect on the fern.
- All year round the fern at home needs to be constantly watered, reducing watering only when it stops growing. At high temperatures, spraying and watering must be increased, and at low temperatures, it must be reduced. The water used to water the flower should not contain lime and be cold.
- High humidity can be maintained using a double pot.. To do this, place a flower pot in a wider flower container and fill the free space with peat, which must be constantly moistened. This method will help maintain sufficient humidity for the fern at home and maintain a constant soil temperature in the pot.
- The fern needs diffused light, but not direct sunlight, otherwise the flower will get burned.
- In summer, the fern is desirable to carry out on the balcony or in the garden. This will provide it with fresh air. In the same period, it is desirable to feed it with liquid organic fertilizers.
- Fern must be easy. It is enough to mix peat, turf and leafy ground with coarse sand in a ratio of 2 to 1 to 2 to 1.
- Fern transplanted only if its roots intertwined and closed the entire space of the pot. Do it in the spring. If there are no roots, then only the top layer of soil can be removed. The top of a fern stalk should always be above the ground.
- The most simple way to breed fern is the separation of shoots.
- The optimum temperature for ferns is from 15 to 200With heat. Below + 100C and above 220Since the temperature should not be, many ferns do not tolerate such temperatures. At night, he prefers a lower temperature, but not lower than 150WITH.
- Watering the fern at home is necessary quite often, not allowing the earthen clod to dry. If the leaves of the flower fade from lack of moisture, they will not live again. But excessive dampness is also harmful for ferns, so during the growth watering increases, and when slowing down they decrease. At this point, the fern takes less moisture from the ground, and it does not dry out so quickly. It is advisable to closely monitor the condition of the earthy coma.For irrigation, it is better to use separated soft water.
- Due to the fact that many species of ferns were born in tropical forests, they cannot tolerate dry air. They need to be regularly sprayed at least 2 times a day, and on summer days - up to 5 r.
- If you plant a fern in a clay granulate, the flower pot can not be wrapped with raw moss to provide it with moisture. To preserve moisture, a fern at home with ordinary soil can be put in a pan with expanded clay. If you use pots, you can get rid of the stains on the windowsill and prevent their occurrence.
- Placing a fern at home is best at the north or east window, where he can grow in spots of bright sunlight, which will provide him with the most comfortable conditions.
Ferns of different species at home
Different types of ferns require different care..
- This kind of fern as adiantum Ruddy advised to grow in a specially equipped terrarium. It should be sprayed with warm water and only in a warm room. With regular watering of this fern you can not worry about drying out the soil.
- Sickle fern originally from Japan and China loves the eastern side of the room. He calmly transfers the distance to 1.5 m from the light source.
- Fern tsirtomium At home, it responds well to daylight lighting. It should be watered as soon as the ground dries out. Drying the fern will not like it, and it will react by lowering the leaves, but having moistened the soil, everything will return to normal. For the fern of Tsirtomium, it is better to select a medium-sized pot; it does not require frequent transplantation. At a temperature of 200With he quietly transfers central heating.
- Fern Asplenium - read about it in the article Asplenium: growing and care.
For a description of other types of fern, see the article. Room fern: types and care.
For all types of fern throughout the year, liquid or granular organic fertilizer for flowers is perfect.
Fern problems at home
- The most common problems of fern include leaf dying. First of all, it is connected with too dry air and soil.
- Sign of lack of fertilizer and nutrition are poor growth and pale color, This happens especially during growth. Therefore, during this period, the fern at home should be often, but gradually fed. Complex mineral fertilizers are suitable for root dressing, for leaves - organic fertilizers in liquid form.
Room ferns are admired by beautiful leaves of unusual shape. For growing the house there are a large number of fern species. Each of them is different rules of care, but there are general rules that help provide the fern at home with all necessary.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Yuliya