Your daughter wants to get into a fairy tale about princesses, evil witches and beautiful princes? In reality, it is impossible to arrange such a meeting, but with the help of clothes you can give the baby a piece of magic. To do this, use the instructions and create your own skirt made of tulle. For a girl, it will be a great gift, and you practically don’t have to sew!
Good material for the skirt of a little girl
Fatin is a synthetic fabric that is widely used in the tailoring of wedding and dance attires. Thanks to the fashion for ballet items of clothing for the past few years, tulle has been included in the category of comfortable and practical fabrics for sewing everyday clothes. This material became its full participant, as:
- not wrinkled;
- drapes well (which is especially important, so beautiful folds are always expected from tulle);
- it is convenient in work (does not pour);
- beautiful and elegant looks.
Excellent properties that will be useful for creating princess clothes!
What you need to work with a mesh fabric?
Full tulle skirt for a girl is done in just a couple of hours. And, although the process does not require professional ownership of a needle, you still need to have certain tools:
- fatin itself;
- sharp stationery scissors;
- ruler and measuring tape;
- needle, thread;
- sewing machine with zigzag stitching or overlock for processing tulle.
If you opt for a model of pieces of material, fastened around the belt, then for the convenience of assembly will need a chair with a high back on which the elastic band is stretched.
Skirt without sewing
One of the easiest ways to make a pack for a girl is based on the fastening of strips of fabric around the elastic band. This creates a skirt with a funny name "tutu".
- tulle (cutting width should be 3 m)
- gum (optimum width - 3 cm, length - approximately 40 cm)
- satin ribbon for decoration
- needle, thread;
- centimeter and ruler;
- tailor chalk.
- Measure the waist circumference of the girl.
- Measure out a piece of gum of the desired length, adding 2 cm to the seam.
- Sew small stitches gum, stretch it on the chair.
- We mark the cut of fatin into strips 10 cm wide and 40 cm long (this measurement is equal to the length of the finished skirt multiplied by 2).
- Cut the fabric and fold the strips in half.
- We get a double cut for the gum and thread the loose ends through the fold loop, slightly squeezing.
- Thus we collect all the details of our pack. If desired, you can take tulle of different colors and alternate them.
- We thread the ribbon in the loop and tie it with a bow. Skirt is ready.
For this model is very important to choose the color of the tape. After all, this detail can be the original finish of the product.
Master class: tulle skirt on the cover for the girl
Despite the fact that this model is sewn on a cover, the pattern of tulle skirt is not made on paper, but directly on the fabric.
- 1 m of mesh fabric (with a width of 1.5 m)
- 1 m of fabric for a cover (it is better to take an atlas)
- 50 cm wide gum
- a strip of glue flizelin;
- about 8-10 m bake slash
- thread, needle, pins
- a piece of chalk.
- Cut the fatin fold across and draw on strips of 15 cm (this is for a skirt length of 20 cm).
- Sew the narrow sides of the strips so that you get a long ribbon.
- We grind one edge of the mesh with a bake.
- We sew the second edge with two rows of wide stitches.
- We tighten the threads so that the girls' hips pass into the skirt ring.
- We fold the atlas four times.
- We draw with a chalk a semicircle from the corner at the bend with a radius equal to ¼ waist circumference.
- Mark from this line 20 cm + 2 cm on the binder and draw a semicircle again. We cut the detail along the lines and unfold it - it turned out a skirt-sun.
- Fold over the bottom 2 cm, hem.
- We cut out a belt 55-60 cm long, 14 cm wide.
- From non-woven fabric we cut a ribbon 55-60 cm long, 7 cm wide.
- We glue the lining on the belt and stratch it.
- We stitch the lower part of the belt with a cover.
- We superimpose a tulle skirt, we fasten the upper side of the belt. Thing is ready.
A clasp on such a skirt can be done in several ways: sew a velcro, a button, a hook, or draw in a gum.
Model with ruffles
Considering the different options that describe how to sew a tulle skirt, pay attention to the model with ruffles. In such a dress, the baby will definitely be the star of any matinee!
- 2.5 m mesh cloth
- 0.5 m stretch material
- piece of gum width 2-2.5 cm
- thread in tone tulle.
- On the tulle we draw strips 10 cm wide along the sideways.
- Cut the ribbon and obstrachivaem line "zigzag."
- From the stretch we cut a rectangle equal to the length of the skirt and the girth of the girl’s hips, hem one of the long sides.
- Nastrachivaem on the front side strip tulle, make sure that the line runs through the center of the ribbon. Do not forget to lay the folds.
- Smooth ruff in one direction.
- The last row is tuned so that 4-5 cm of tissue remains free.
- We bend the seam allowance and retract the gum. Outfit for girly ready.
Princess Layered Skirt
Girls in adolescence are also happy to try on tulle skirts. Only a model for them is better to choose a multi-layer, and not a pack.
- fatin (with a width of 1.5 m we take 3 lengths)
- cover stretch
- 2.5 cm wide gum
- Fatin is cut into 3 strips (the length of each is 10 cm shorter than the previous one, the first is equal to the length of the skirt in the finished form).
- From the stretch we cut a rectangle with a width equal to the circumference of the hips and the length equal to the shortest fingernail strip.
- Bottom we sew.
- Obtrat the tulle "zigzag", we collect.
- Backing off from the long side of the cover 6 cm and tweaking all 3 layers.
- Bend the allowance in half, we attach, leaving a hole for the elastic.
- We pull in the elastic belt. Refill for wardrobe ready.
Tulle skirts for girls: photos
A skirt made of fatina for a girl with her own hands is a feasible task for the mom- "sorceress." She will only need to possess elementary sewing skills. In addition, the presented models are sewn without building a paper pattern, which means that time for detailed calculations is not needed. And the outfit will be very sweet and truly fabulous.