Having come to visit, indoor plants lovers often pay attention to new, rare, unknown plants. One of these plants can be called eschinantus.
Why is it so rare, because many of your friends may have hanging leaves with red flowers? Yes, and on the shelves of flower shops Aeschienanthus is quite common. The thing is that, despite the beauty of appearance, he is a very fastidious flower and gives its owners great difficulty in care.
That is why eschinantus is a rare plant in the house. All his whims can withstand only experienced growers, real workers and flower lovers. For example, in the period of non-flowering of the eschinantus, you most likely will not even look at a nondescript plant, you will not notice it. But the eskhinanthus may not bloom for a year or two, it all depends on whether he likes his conditions of detention.
The appearance of the eschanantus
Eschinantus refers, according to one source, to the group of ornamental flowering houseplantsth, and on the other - to the group of decorative leaf plants. That is why many lovers of indoor plants and decide to start in their eskhinanthus. After all, even if they fail to achieve flowering of this harmful green pet, then at least he will be able to revive their interior with his foliage.
Eschaninthus is a hanging plant. Its shoots can grow up to 50 cm in length. The leaves are leathery, up to 4 cm long, with a waxy coating. Each sheet is framed by a purple-red edge. Casting are located along the shoots on both sides symmetrically. Attached to the shoot with stalks.
Red flowers, in shape tubular. In length grow up to 5 cm. The cup of the flower is brown. Flowers are located at the end of each shoot.
Types of eskhinanthusa
- The most common and unpretentious view is Aeschinanthus Lobb. His red and cream flowers sit on brown cups. A very beautiful plant during the flowering period. The following species are similar to this type of ASCE: Aeschainanthus is beautiful, Aeschinanthus is Javanese and Aeschinanthus is rooted.
- From all previous species is very different eschinantus beautiful. Its shoots are longer (grow up to 65 cm), and the leaves are not located on either side of the shoots, but are arranged in small groups. The flowers are larger (up to 8 cm in length), the color is yellow-red: the yellow base and the red folds of the corolla of the flower are in the form of a tube.
- The rarest and, nevertheless, very interesting view is the Aeschienanthus Marble. It just grows up as a decorative leafed houseplant. The leaves on top of it are intricately-motley, and below - dark red. The flowers of this species are absolutely inconspicuous, greenish, small. But do not think that having established the Eschinanthus Marble at home, you will deprive yourself of the problems of the Eschinanthus bloom. This species is therefore very rare, which is the most difficult in the care of all types of escinanthus.
Location in the house eskhinanthusa
Since the escinant loves light, but does not tolerate direct ultraviolet radiation, put it away from windows or choose windows on the western and eastern sides of the house and shade, for example, with tulle curtains.
Eskhinantusotlichno will green any room of your house: living room, bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, nursery and even an entrance hall. The only condition that the room must meet, in addition to good lighting, is relatively high humidity. Therefore, the kitchen and bathroom benefit in this case compared to other rooms in the house. But only if the bathroom is not sufficiently light, then it is better not to install the eschinanthus there, because it will not live long in artificial light.
Escinantus will look great in the bedroom, in the nursery and even in the hallway. But if you decide to put the plant in the hallway, where there is little light, from time to time reanimate it - put it on the lighted places in other rooms, again not forgetting to tint.
Caring for eschinanthus at home
Eschinanthus is a difficult housekeeping plant that is very capricious in caring.
- Lighting- prefers sunlight, but the plant should be fenced off from bright direct ultraviolet rays.
- Temperature moderate, and in summer even slightly above the average temperature. In winter, the temperature should be cool, but not lower than 15 ° C.
- Air humidity increased, especially in hot weather. Requires frequent spraying of the leaves.
- Watering plentiful from spring to autumn, in winter - moderate. Eschinanthus should be watered only with warm water (room temperature water).
- Breeds plant stem cuttings every spring. It is recommended for breeding to use the lower heated cuttings and use phytohormones for rooting.
- TransplantedESCHINANTUS spring every 2-3 years.
Pests and diseases of the eschanantus
- Eschinantus is affected by diseases and pests. One of the most common is spider mite. It may appear due to too dry air. If the leaves of the Eschenanthus become gray-brown, then at this stage the spider mite can be washed off with water. But if there was a web, do without insecticides will not work.
- Also affected by eschinanthusshield. If the pest is wound up, then wipe it with a plant with water and treat with an actellic solution.
- Aeschainanthus sickgray rot and powdery mildew. Gray rot appears at low temperatures and high humidity. It resembles mold. Foundation solution will help to cope with this disease. From powdery mildew will help, for example, spraying a solution of garlic.
- Due to low air humidity, thrips.These are characteristic light points on the leaves. Will help get rid of trypsovaktellik and fitoferm.
- Great harm to the escinanthus can perch mealybug. When this pest stops plant growth, a white sticky down appears in the leaf axils. Control measures include removing the parasite with a cotton swab and then further treating the damaged areas with water.
In this way, Eschinantus is a beautiful ornamental plant. It is perfect for any room in your home.. It is only necessary to create favorable conditions for it and to ensure that the plant is not hit by pests.
Read more about eskhinanthus in the article Ampelnye houseplants.
Decorate the interior of your home and can leaves and flowers Eskhinantusa. Only it is a pity that beginners are not always able to force the plant to bloom. Only experienced pottery lovers take to grow the Aeschienanthus!