Embroidery with sequins is an original way to decorate casual and festive clothes. It allows you to diversify the wardrobe without special expenses. Even an old and boring thing will find a second life!
Embroidery with sequins on clothes: ways
The word "paillette" comes from the French Paillette, which means "golden grain of sand." It is a flat scale, usually round in shape with a hole in the middle for threading.
Clothes, shoes, handbags, embroidered with sequins look great, and the dresses are just amazing.
You need to sew the sequins with a fine beaded needle. Threads for embroidery must be very strong and match the color of the fabric or sequins.
Embroidery with sequins is a painstaking occupation that requires considerable restraint. The scales should lie exactly, one to one, otherwise the clothes will look sloppy.
You can also use beautiful beads with embroidery with sequins.
Wearing dresses with sequins is an art. Let's try to learn it.
Clothes with a small amount of sequins on it (these can be individual blotches, edging, etc.) or accessories that are decorated with this type of decor are suitable for everyday wear. For parties, it is quite possible to choose for themselves clothes completely decorated with sequins. In this case, preference should be given to outfits of simple cut, since a complex suit and an abundance of glitter will only make your image heavier.
The distinctive feature of a peetok is their unique ability to add extra volume to any shape. This quality can be advantageously used when choosing dresses with original appliqués on the bodice, belt, and also to obtain harmony between the upper and lower parts of the figure. Dresses, fully decorated with sequins, fit slim girls, and dresses with splashes of decorative sparkles will be a revelation for the full.
Shiny dresses require a minimum of accessories. It is better to give preference to elegant jewelry, purse or shoes. In their turn, accessories richly decorated with sequins require clothes of simple cut and calm tones.
Simple master class
- Draw a pattern of your future embroidery on paper. It can be spirals, flowers, any other not very complex shapes. Focus on your taste.
- Attach the scheme to the fabric, on which you will sew the sequins, take a carbon paper. Attach your paper drawing on top, circle its outlines. Remove the sheet.
- Insert the fabric into the hoop. Stretch it so that it does not wrinkle, but do not overdo it so as not to deform. Insert the thread in the tone of the fabric in a special thin needle for beading. Tie a knot at the end. From the inside out on the face, pull the needle to the beginning of one of the lines. Put a sequin on top and a bead to match her. Well press down to the fabric. Pass through the sequin and fabric, bypassing the bead - you get a small peculiar flower, where the sequin is its petals, and the bead is the stamen.
- At a distance of the radius from the first one, again pull the needle onto the face (along the line of your drawing). Repeat the stitch again.
- In this technique do all the work. When finished, smooth the fabric from the inside out, without touching the embroidery iron, so as not to damage it.
- There is another way to fix the fuzz. Put the 1st needle on the front side of the fabric, as in the 1st case. Immediately pass the needle inside out, sticking it into the line of the pattern but right next to the page. It turned out that the thread is visible on the radius. Return the needle back about 0.5 mm from the entry point. Put on another 1 pack and you can go inside out. The drawing is similar to fish scales: after all, the sequins are overlapped. Make sure that they do not stand on the edges of the fabric, and lay horizontally.
Embroidery with sequins: schemes
Any clothes can be decorated and refreshed with a bright sequin and bead ornament.
The ability to sew with sequins is always useful, since it is an inexpensive way to decorate clothes and various accessories. For work you need a thin needle, thread and a sequin. When decorating an outfit, remember that the sparkling thing must be properly worn. Richly embroidered dresses are appropriate in the evening, the daytime option is to secrete separate elements of the costume.