The cross-stitch can decorate the interior of the apartment in the form of a picture decorated with baguettes and be used as a decor for clothes. Particularly interesting are the embroidered flowers. They are embroidered on the same principle. At the same time, before starting work, it is necessary to think over a lot of details on which the final quality of the drawing will depend - choose the right scheme, prepare the canvas, choose the shades of thread.
It is believed that compared to other types of embroidery (for example, satin or chain stitch), cross-stitch is very simple. Beginner embroiderers are convinced that anyone will be able to cope with a simple pattern. This is partly true. There is nothing complicated about the cross stitches themselves. They represent the usual crossed lines. On the other hand, if you are interested in embroidering flowers with a cross, then you should pay attention to the stages of preparation for embroidery.
The scheme you will find without difficulty, but the development of how to embroider, take a little time. The principles of cross-stitch, which we will discuss below, applies to all types of embroidery - according to ready-made purchased or self-designed schemes.
Cross-stitch: execution technique
Conventionally, cross-stitch can be divided into several stages: preparation of the canvas, embroidery and design work.
- Before you start embroidering, you need to prepare a canvas. For this, the center of work is determined - the canvas is folded in half 4 times. The upper right corner will be the center. It can be noted with a shallow or washable marker. It is also recommended to mark the canvas on conditional squares. Their size will depend on the size of your embroidery - so you will not get confused in the drawing and will be able to avoid mistakes in changing colors.
- After you have approximately established the placement of the scheme with a cross, you need to cut off the excess fabric. Usually around embroidery from all sides it is customary to leave about 10-15 cm. This amount of fabric is quite enough to arrange the finished work - to make a passport or pull it onto the frame. Some needlewomen before embroidery wash the canvas. This is recommended if you have a colored outline. So you can check it fades or not. The cloth is washed until the water is light.
- The next stage - choose threads and needles. Usually, if you buy a ready-made scheme, then it also comes with threads and needles. If you are satisfied with their quality, then you can not worry and take advantage of the proposed floss. On the other hand, sometimes the quality of the threads leaves much to be desired. In this case, you can carefully study the instructions to the scheme - sometimes the manufacturer indicates the name of the thread, their shades in the form of numbers or an analogue of these threads from another company.
- With the scheme, you can come to any handmade shop and ask the sellers to choose the floss according to the picture. Usually they are selected by comparing with the shade of existing manufacturers. Sometimes the stores have very poor lighting that distorts colors. Therefore, it is better to compare floss in daylight. Also, many embroiderers independently develop schemes and select shades of threads. In this case, the choice depends entirely on their ideas. Needles for embroidery should be with a wide eye and a blunt tip. Sometimes they are called embroidery. There is another name. Tapestry needles.
- When embroidering flowers, like any other patterns, not the full thickness of floss threads is used. To do this, cut off the desired length of the thread. The length of the cut can be different - from 30 to 80 cm. It depends on what type of cross you use. If you are embroidering with threads with lurex or metallized floss, then the thread should not be cut very long. Usually it wears out quickly.
- The cut thread allows it to straighten by holding it vertically. Then the thread is disassembled into several parts. Then it is divided into parts and embroidered in 2 or more additions. After you have inserted the thread into the needle, you should not make a knot. Usually cross stitch, fastening the stitches in a special way without knots.
- To fix the thread at the 1st stitch can be as follows. Thread the needle into the needle in 2 additions (this method is only suitable for an even number of fibers in a single thread). Remove the needle from the seamy side to the front, leaving a small tail-loop on the wrong side. We withdraw the needle to the wrong side and stretch it through the resulting loop. We continue to embroider - the thread is fixed.
- Begin to embroider flowers from any place - from the center or corners. Stitches are made as follows:
- We derive the angles from the back to the front side.
- We make a stitch by pulling the needle with the thread to the opposite corner diagonally. It turned out half a cross. Next, on the seamy side, we withdraw the needle to the lower right corner.
- Repeat the diagonal stitches to the desired length.
- After you have made the last diagonal stitch, go to the second half of the cross. We pull the needle with the thread on the front side from the lower right corner to the upper left. To go to the next cross, we stretch the thread from the inside in the lower left corner. Moving from right to left we complete a strip of stitches.
- Thus we perform horizontal and vertical columns. A single cross is performed on the same principle. In order to complete a row without knots, you need to stretch the needle horizontally under the stitches and cut the thread.
- This way stitches are made throughout the entire pattern. When cross stitching flowers, make sure that the wrong side looks neat. It is believed that embroidery should look beautiful from all sides.
- The last stage - the design of the finished embroidery. First of all, it is necessary to process the edges of the canvas. To do this, the sections are stitched with a zigzag on a sewing machine or processed with an overlock. You can also walk along the edges of the seam goat manually. Some embroiderers do not sheathe cuts of the canvas at all, they cut the threads and give them a little worn out.
- Next, ready-made embroidery is stretched on a frame and hung on a wall or used for decoration of clothes and accessories.
We offer you several schemes that will help you embroider sunflowers, roses, irises and poppies with a cross. On some schemes, manufacturers of threads and numbers of shades are indicated. However, you can independently choose the desired color scheme.
Poppy embroidery scheme
Learning to embroider
A few tips for those who are interested in cross-stitch colors:
As a canvas, you can use not only purchased canvases for embroidery, but also flax cuts.
It is believed that you should embroider only with the help of the hoop. In fact, you can needlework without them. If you hold the fabric in your hands, you will not spoil the already embroidered stitches with folds from the hoop. In addition, it will be easier to turn the work.
The advantages of the hoop are the embroidery tension. It is more convenient for some to do crosses when the fabric is evenly stretched. You can use special frames for cross-stitch. In this case, you will have both hands free.
Embroidered flower petals can be highlighted with additional stitches. Usually, to create accents on different parts of the cross-stitch, chain stitches and a simple seam forward need a needle.
Embroider flowers with a cross is not only exciting, but also simple. First you need to translate the scheme, placing it in the center of the canvas. Each row of stitches begins and ends without knots. For this, the 1st cross is fastened with a loop, and at the end of the row the thread is pulled under the stitches and the thread is cut. Finished work can be placed in a frame, sew on clothes or bag.