Who of us did not collect shells in the summer by the sea, folding their houses in a secluded place as a memory of sunny summer days. The summer is over, the shells are now in the closet, but they are so pitiful to throw them away, because you want to feel happy and carefree days at sea again.
Looking at the shells, which shimmer with mother of pearl and seem to return back to the seashore, I want to give them a new life. There is nothing simpler, they can be used to create pictures that will bring back happy memories to everyone again or will be a wonderful gift for friends.
Materials for paintings from seashells
In addition to the shells themselves, to create paintings you will need a flat board, plywood (you can use chipboard), PVA glue, jigsaw, wood stain, rhinestones, paints, sandpaper, paintbrush, plasticine, pencil and frame.
First you need to choose a sketch of the future picture.You can draw it yourself, find a picture on the Internet, take a photo or a postcard that you like. If you chose a postcard, scan it and use AdobePhotoshop to create an outline image. Do not forget to choose the appropriate size of the sketch, and then print.
How to make the basis for the picture of the shells?
- Now proceed to making the basis for the future picture. It is best to stop the choice on the board or thick plywood. A good option would be a wooden cutting board.
- If you use an ordinary board, be sure to process it with emery paper. The surface should be flat.
- If you decide to leave the shells light, then make the main background of the picture darker. To do this, use the dark color stain. Such a contrast will help to emphasize the shells.
- If there is no stain, use a dark solution of potassium permanganate. It will help to create color shades from rich red-brown to light brown.
Drawing for a picture of seashells
After the basis for the picture is ready, apply the outlines of the drawing on it. This will help you copy paper. You can, without making a picture, create it from the shells, folding them like a mosaic. If you want to change the color of the shells, then paint them before you start creating a picture. Acrylic paints are well applied on shells. Use their bright colors. Let the seashell design turn out to be joyful, like a sunny summer day.
To convey the color of the waves, use blue or green colors, and if you decide to create a landscape or a panel with a still life, you will need paints of a wide variety of colors, depending on the plot of the drawing you have chosen. Stick the shells with PVA glue, you can take a universal glue.
Decorate the picture with beads, rhinestones, feathers, beads, place the flowers using multi-colored grains of croup.
Do-it-yourself seashell pictures: useful tips
The picture of the shells can be made without glue. Instead, use ordinary clay. For this, cover them with the basis of the future picture. Make a layer from 3 to 6 cm. Level the surface. Pick up the color of clay so that it contrasts with the color of shells. Then draw the outline of the drawing.
Lay out the shells in order, squeezing each one slightly with your finger. A picture made with the help of clay can become a good designer for a child or you can remake it yourself as soon as you want to change something in it.
How to make a shell of seashells?
To make a seashell panel, take 1 cm thick plywood, long narrow petal shells, beads, dried flowers, leaves, and dried flowers. Process the surface of the plywood with sandpaper. Pick a fabric of your favorite color for the background. Paint the frame in golden brown. Now lay out the future elements of the picture and choose the design that you like best, or use the example of finished paintings.
You can use a glue to glue a bouquet of dried flowers in the middle of the composition, then at the bottom of the picture and on all sides of the frame are large shells. Spread the stems and leaves of flowers on both sides of the bouquet. Glue 3 small shells in the corners of the panel. Place beautiful and bright beads between them. You can glue the green stalks of grass at the bottom of the picture between the shells to complete the composition.
How to make an original picture of seashells?
- To create an original picture, use a glue gun to glue the middle of the flower. Then put a drop of glue on each of its petals and glue a small shell at the base of the flower.
- Next on the next petal, start to glue the next shell, continue to glue until the circle is completed. Then glue the leaves and stem of the flower. To complete the picture, use stones, beads, rhinestones and bows.
- After the glue dries, take a look at the resulting panel and see what is missing in it. There are no limits for fantasy.
- You can put on the picture of the shells any words that will help you feel happy. All unnecessary elements that go beyond, cut off.
- To keep the picture of shells for a long time, cover it with varnish.
Creating paintings from seashells will give a boost of energy and the ability to show creative abilities, fill with positive energy. At one glance at the picture of seashells, each member of the family, smiling, will remember the summer, rest and happy carefree days. And if the seashells were collected by your child, then he will be doubly pleased that his mother has found such wonderful use for them, and he knowingly collected them on the seashore.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Yuliya