Pompons are a popular decoration for scarves, hats, carpets, curtains, etc. The manufacturing technology of such a decorative element is not complicated. Enough to stock the necessary material and free time.
For the manufacture of need yarn or thread. It is not necessary to take new materials for crafts, you can take full-blown yarn or thread and build pompons from them. They are perfect for decorating children's clothing, giving it an interesting and unusual look.
How to make pompons with your own hands?
You will need:
- Yarn or thread
- Cardboard for the template
- Tracing paper
Instructions for the implementation of pompons do it yourself:
- Make a template from cardboard. To do this, draw a circle on the cardboard (the larger the circle, the larger the product will be). In the middle of a large circle, draw a smaller circle. The pomp of your pompom will depend on the diameter of the inner circle. Its best diameter is 1/3 of a large one. You will need 2 identical cardboard patterns. Cut them out.
- Thread the needle. It is better if you fold the thread in 2 or more layers - this is much faster. Threads can take absolutely any: thick, thin, acrylic, wool, silk, etc.
- Connect the patterns together and start wrapping them with thread. Wind the thread evenly around the cardboard template. If the thread runs out, insert a new one and continue winding it. Wrap until the inner circle disappears. To do this, you may need to lay threads in several layers.
- Slowly cut the threads along the pattern butt without missing a single one. Take a thread and thread it between cardboard patterns. Tie up. Leave the ends of the thread for sewing. Cut the templates so as not to damage the product. Carefully remove the circles. Fan the resulting pompon and trim the thread. For the manufacture you can use multicolored threads.
DIY rug made of pompons
You can make a wonderful rug from pompons, which will decorate a children's room or a veranda in the country.
Make your own pompons according to the instructions. You will need a lot of woolen circles if you want to make a big rug. The resulting products are sewn together with a hook or in the usual way.
If you want to get figured rug, You can cut out any fabric from the fabric and glue it on top of it. This is a convenient and simple option.
Caterpillar of pompons do it yourself
Make some pompons of different size. So the caterpillar will turn out more interesting. For the body itself, you can take large circles of different colors, for the legs - medium circles, and for the horns and eyes - small ones.
Sew to the first pompom legs, head, eyes and horns. Sew the remaining items in one line. Thus, it should be an elongated body of the caterpillar. In order for the toy to remain flexible, it does not need to be strongly tied with threads.If desired, you can decorate the caterpillar with various accessories. - beads, hat, collar, etc.
Pompon toys are good because they can be given a variety of shapes.
Hedgehog from pompons do it yourself
You will need:
- Multi-colored wool thread.
- Buttons (for eyes and ears).
Instructions for making a hedgehog from pompom do it yourself
- The whole body of the hedgehog will consist of one big pom-pom. Tie two braids of yarn or threads - these will be legs. Sew the legs to the body of the hedgehog. Use buttons to make shoes for the animal, eyes and ears.
- Hedgehog from pompons do it yourself! You can give it to a child or hang it in the car.
Pompon Chicken DIY
Make 2 large pom-pom of yellow yarn. One should be bigger, the other should be slightly smaller. Cut out the beak, legs, and wings of a chicken from thick cloth or cardboard. Using threads, sew the chicken wings to a large piece. When you do this, you can sew woolen circles together. Attach to the head of the chicken eyes and beak. Buttons can be used for eyes.
See also: How to make balls of thread with your own hands?
Do-it-yourself pompons are a great base for soft toys.. Their production effectively develop fine motor skills of hands, which is important in childhood. Therefore, for making sure to attract your children!