The best gift is a hand-made thing. These can be oil paintings, hand-made postcards and, as an option, a frame for photographs of personal production.
How to make a photo frame with your own hands?
One of the simplest options can be a photo frame made of cardboard thick paper.
You will need:
- Choose a cardboard in pleasant colors for you.
- Line carefully draw a rectangular shape. Cut out.
- From the middle of this rectangle, draw a smaller shape, focus on the size of the photo.
- You will need another sheet of thin cardboard. Draw a rectangle, cut. Follow the frame size.
- From the cut out figure make a stand for the frame.
- Using a glue base, glue stick or PVA, glue the shape to the frame, leaving space for the photo to be inserted.
- Put your favorite photo in the finished frame.
Try to make also a frame from journal sheets. Looks very impressive.
You will need:
- PVA glue
- Thick cardboard
- Cutter Knife
- Pencil and ruler
- Take a thick cardboard, mark it with a photo attached, draw outlines.
- Cut them with a cutter.
- Magazine sheets should be twisted in a spiral into tubes. Smear the seams of PVA.
- Threads (of any color) beautifully twist folded spiral sheets.
- Using PVA, attach the blanks along the lines of the frame. Pre-bent at an angle of 90 degrees.
- Prepare 2 strips of cardboard. Glue to connect the back of the frame.
- Stripes form a stand.
You can make a frame of fabric. The basis will serve the finished billet.
You will need:
- Cloth cut (scarlet, mint, indigo)
- PVA glue
- Brush for PVA
- Wood frame
- Cut the fabric down under the frame. Measure the dimensions needed to cover the base with a cloth.
- Remove unnecessary scrap material.
- Tape all sides with strips of fabric with white glue. Smooth the material with your hands.
- After drying, remove with scissors visible threads of fabric.
How can you decorate the frame?
You can also use various decorative elements to decorate the finished frames:
- Undo the artificial flowers with a cutter or scissors. You only need inflorescences. Glue the PVA to connect the petals with the surface of the base in several rows.
- Buy a large ready-made frame made of dark wood, prepare thick woolen threads, clothespins (one tone lighter than the frame), PVA glue, knife-cutter, small nails, a hammer.
- Cut 6 stitches, and 12 more of the same length, braid into braids, leaving a tied loop at the end. Beat carnations on all sides; there should be 12 of them and woven thread braids wear eyelets on the caps. Tighten the eyelets, hammer nails more firmly from 2 sides. Now you can hang with pegs interesting photos, for example from a family holiday.
- Make a frame from floss threads. Smear the base with glue, wind the rows of colored threads. For example, yellow - blue - lemon - pink. Wind tightly, leaving no gaps. It is possible in several rows. Let the product dry. Attach a photo behind the frame with clips, threading it into the fibers of the thread.
- You can make an interesting option from a larger number of frames. Find in the stores the most simple dial watches without divisions. Hang in the center of the selected room in the dwelling. Arrange clockwise white and red frames of different sizes. Place in the division of the same color the happiest moments of your life, captured in the photo. In the other order a photo of landscapes. Follow your taste. In the kitchen you can place photos of vegetables and fruits.
- No less original is the idea of a frame made of ordinary branches brought from the forest. Find 8 branches, match them with a cutter to the desired length. Tie the ends together, carefully winding them with strong threads or ropes. From the top release a pair and tie into a knot.
- For the next idea, you need to find a few stones of rounded regular shape and colored wire. Wrap the stones with wire, so that it holds well on them. Lift up the tails, make loops of clothespins from them and place the photo. Such a natural frame perfectly fit into the decor of the desktop. Stylish and not pretentious.
- If you have a lot of colored pencils, try to make a colored frame out of them. Tie pencils together with satin ribbons, fasten the photo with soft bright clips. Tie the ends of the ribbons into curvy bows.
- Do not throw away the sticks, they will turn out to be an unusual version of the framework design. Rinse chopsticks off the popsicle. Dry and glue the ends together. Paint as desired with paints or markers. The support is also made of vertically glued materials.
- Got an old fishing pole? Lies and takes place? Give things a second life! If there are avid fishermen in your family, they will definitely appreciate the idea. Glue the bait on the wall with special glue "Moment", "Second" (work only with gloves, there is a danger to glue the fingers tightly and damage the skin). Make loops of rope and connect with a fishing rod in different places. On these loops, arrange photos with the moments of the most successful catch. Place a few of these photos in a pre-prepared square frame.
If the baguette solution for the canvas is elegant and ornate, then often the photo frame is simple, no frills. Photos, above all, are the annals of the most different moments of life. Many sign on one or another snapshot of the date of the event, so remembered by him. Now you can buy a factory product and decorate it with all sorts of options. To decorate the photo frame, paillettes, beads, discs (broken into small pieces), lace and embossed ribbons, velvet paper, decorative clips, drawings made with a stencil or by hand are suitable. For those who prefer the style of minimalism, you can decorate it with silver and white ribbons with glue. In the corners to glue on the dried sprig of spruce, then spray paint in a silver tone.
Avid travelers can paint the finished workpiece drawings of giraffes and lions. Music connoisseurs will like the design in the form of a music book. Those who prefer the English style should decorate the photo frame with old newspapers rolled up. Everyone will find a decoration for the soul.
Such a gift as a photo frame with your own hands, you can give for any holiday. As the basis is to use finished products or various materials. The most simple are cardboard and wooden frames. They can be decorated with ribbons, beads and even branches of trees.