Any hand-made thing carries a piece of the soul of its creator, and therefore it adds warmth and comfort to the house. The smallest details of the interior are the easiest to do: they do not require any special financial outlay, they are simple to implement and always come to the place. For example, it never hurts to make a lamp with your own hands.
DIY lamp - it's easy!
Before thinking about technology, it is important to understand what materials can be used to create a home-made lamp, what principles to use when choosing them, and what is really possible to do independently, and with which only the master can handle.
The basis for the lamp is not only a light bulb, which can have a lot of shapes, but also a cartridge, as well as a cord to it. These parts are necessary for any electric lighting fixture, such as a chandelier, a sconce, and a desk or floor element. And on this basis is imposed the design, with which it is necessary to work, because simply inserting a cartridge and a lamp into a ready-made frame of work does not make up.
But what to use at the same time? In fact, there are a lot of materials: lamps are made using the usual wood, plastic and glass, and less rarely purchased rubber, thread, foam, or even audio cassettes. And the list of materials does not end there.
The only advice is to take into account the interior in which the lamp will be placed. And, of course, it should be understood that it is important to remove the material from a certain lighting device, a lamp that heats up during operation, so as not to cause its damage.
Decorating the ceiling can also be a variety of ways: for most materials, coloring is ideal, where an aerosol dye is used. Threads from which the lamp is woven can be easily supplemented with beads or other elements that have an opening for stringing on any rod.
The tree is amenable to decoupage perfectly, especially craquelure and intentionally giving it age look on it. But the best decor will be the choice of the original material - the ceiling lamps are created even by origami in the form of large rose buds. And they do not require any other addition.
The original chandelier is obtained if the basis for its body is to make simple embroidery hoops, which are attached to the base of the ceiling lamp by means of fishing line, being a little higher than the upper border of the cartridge. Any material that forms a ceiling can be hung on them: for example, crocheted napkins, fastened together.
If you put a rigid metal wire down from the hoop, giving it the desired shape, the napkins will lay down on such a frame, and you will get a textured product. In addition, you can use a cloth - organza and tulle look particularly interesting with electric light. And fixing on the lower end of the hoop of the same diameter, you can get a long elegant chandelier. 2-3 of these small lamps, located at different heights, fit perfectly into the interior of the dining room.
How to make a lamp: a master class
Self-made lamps in the form of balls with openwork weaving are in the greatest demand. It seems to many that the creation of such a decorative element is an overwork, but in reality the technology is more than simple. In the process, you will have to remember the school course, where papier-mâché was considered. A similar algorithm is followed when making such covers. The most attractive material can be called a variety of threads, newspapers, acrylic paint. Ropes or strings are matched tight enough to hold a given shape. Be sure to prepare a simple rubber ball, fishing line, oil or greasy cream, PVA glue.
The ball must be inflated by adjusting its volume in accordance with the desired dimensions of the lamp. It is desirable to fix its tip through 1-2 knots, which later it will be possible to independently untie, process the outside of the ball with oil or cream. Then the thread, from which the lamp is supposed to be made, is dipped into the PVA glue and begins to be laid on the surface of the inflated ball.
It should be borne in mind that a lot of threads will be required: depending on the diameter of the ball, 100-200 m of threads are consumed, as a result of which this skein is easier to throw in glue than to unwind and process in separate sections. Wrapping the ball is desirable chaotic and abstract loops, forming the most original and sloppy drawing. Tightly tighten the thread is not worth it, but their sagging is not allowed.
The next step is to untie the knot that does not allow the ball to deflate the air, and the product needs to be inflated a little more. Such a move will help prevent distortion of the shape of the future lamp, because over time, even the most tightly knotted ball gradually disappears air, which means its volume changes. The tip is again secured with a fishing line, on the long tail of which you can hang the product, hooking on any hook.
In a similar position, it will dry for 18-20 hours, but it is better to wait a full day. And so that the ball still does not distort its shape, starting to deflate, it is recommended to maintain the high temperature of the air in the room.
When the threads become absolutely rigid and will not succumb when you try to move them, it is required to pierce an inflated ball with any sharp object. It should easily move away from the external artificially created walls, since it was previously lubricated with a fatty agent. To remove its remnants, you can use the hook, long needle, etc. The easiest way is to remove a burst ball, if before that, putting threads on it, make a small opening near the tail. In addition, a cartridge and a lamp will be inserted into this hole in the future. And you can fix a homemade round cover and cartridge, if you add a plastic piece to the latter, to which you can tie a fishing line. They will hold the decorative element.
LED lamp: manufacturing technology
Lighting with the help of LEDs is a great opportunity to make the room mysterious. It is not essential, but never superfluous: the flickering lights in different parts of the room will serve to create a mysterious atmosphere. The lamp with their participation to create a little more difficult than with a conventional lamp, but here it is easy to cope in the evening.
- Here, besides the case itself, the future product needs an LED strip and a power supply unit that will change the voltage in the network. Its main configuration is 12/24 Volt. However, when selecting the power, it is important to know that the indicator for the power supply must be higher than that of the LEDs themselves.
- The housing for the LED lamp should be an object whose walls let in light. It may even be a frosted glass vase, the bottom of which is drilled to place the wires there. If it has a large volume, inside it is possible to fix several plastic cylinders or balls on which the LED strips are wound, after which the elements are fixed at the bottom of such a ceiling.
- Otherwise, the tape is glued to the bottom of the case, the LEDs themselves must be connected to the power supply with the polarity. The network disconnects the voltage, and the wires that supply power are supplied to the power supply. After that, the finished product is attached where it has been allocated a place: for example, on a wall or ceiling.
- By analogy with the above scheme to create a spherical lamp, you can make the same rectangular ceiling by using clay, cement or gypsum. They should draw by a simple package from under the juice, and it is much easier to get it from a dried product than from a round analog: after all, there is empty space above and below. But just like an inflatable ball, it is recommended to oil the surface of the box to facilitate the process of eliminating the base.
- To fix the cartridge in this ceiling, you can make a thin wooden base, which is inserted into the cartridge, which is fixed by means of glue. Or, stretch the LED strip inside, pasting a long axis in a spiral to it, which will be fixed inside the rectangle.
Anyone who wants to try to make a lamp with their own hands, you should know that the ceiling will not heat up and deform if you insert energy-saving lamps instead of ordinary ones. The temperature of their surface almost does not rise, as a result of which there is no melting of closely adjacent materials. Otherwise, rely on your imagination, use original materials and unexpected solutions for the decor.