I want to see the beauty of flowering at any time of the year - and not only in nature, but also at home. That is why flower themes are especially relevant in winter. Flowers from scrap materials are a great way to spend a couple of hours without being boring and usefully. And if you do this with the children, you can get a new family tradition.
Let's turn the dwelling into a garden!
In each house there is a cabinet or drawer where you can find pieces of wire, remnants of colored paper, bright napkins or cloth. Typically, such materials are in the far corner until the next general cleaning, and then sent to the trash. Meanwhile, from such recyclables are very bright and original decorative flowers, which can be used for:
- clothing decoration;
- room decor;
- gift wrapping;
- creating ikeban and topiary;
- making jewelry;
- design holidays, etc.
At the same time, the technology of making flowers from scrap materials does not require professional skills - even a child can understand the instructions.
Materials for flowers
In nature, there are thousands of varieties of flowers, different in shape, texture and color. Therefore, for artificial plants you can use ANY materials that are at your fingertips:
- glossy magazines;
- napkins (and cloth, and paper);
- the cloth;
- pieces of cotton or cotton pads;
- plastic bottles;
- disposable cups;
- old leather goods;
- garbage bags, etc.
How to make flowers from paper with their own hands in stages: photo for beginners
The most popular material for decorative colors is paper. Particularly well, these crafts look as a room decoration or a formal table setting. There is only one nuance: you have to choose one of the many techniques of making paper crafts (origami, quilling, etc.)
Corrugated paper flowers
Table setting will gain extraordinary elegance and solemnity if you put a light flower of paper on the wire next to each device.
- 2-3 sheets of colored paper (corrugated or writing);
- stationery scissors;
- thin wire.
- Cut out 3 circles from a multi-colored paper with a radius of 3 cm.
- From the yellow paper we make 2 small circles - for the middle of the bud.
- We cut off 20 cm of wire and bend one end in the form of a circle - this is the stand of our crafts.
- Thread the second end of the wire into a flower and make a small loop. The handicraft is ready.
Coffee Filter Flowers
Another way to decorate the room with elegant flowers is to make crafts from coffee filters. Moreover, this material can be easily painted with watercolor in any color.
- 8 filters (for one flower);
- wire for flowers;
- green adhesive tape;
- watercolor paints.
- We take 3-4 filters, fold 4 times and cut the edge of the figure.
- The rest of the paper blanks are doing the same in shape, but of smaller diameter, so that the craft looks as natural as possible.
- We fold small blanks on top of large stacks.
- Pliers bite off the wire length of about 30 cm.
- We thread the end of the wire through the filters and, after making one 5 mm stitch, pull the wire back.
- Lightly squeeze each filter with your fingers to get a full-blown bud.
- The tails are twisted and wrapped with a green ribbon. If desired, paint the flower with watercolor. The handicraft is ready.
DIY flowers from cotton pads
For velvet flowers in the role of brooches or pins you can use cotton pads, from which refined callas are easily obtained.
- cotton pads;
- cotton buds;
- Cotton pads fold in half and cut one edge so as to get a corner of the petal.
- We release one end of the wand from cotton wool, and the second we dunk in yellow gouache is the core of the flower.
- With a narrow side, the petal is smeared with glue and wrapped around the core. The length of the stalk can be shortened. The flower is ready.
From the same materials you can make a snowdrop. Only it will be necessary to cut the petals on a cotton pad of a suitable shape, make a hole in it and thread a cotton swab through it.
DIY flowers from napkins: master class
There are many options for making flowers from napkins. Consider the technology of making bright poinsettia.
- 2 wide napkins of dark green color;
- 2 napkins of dark red color;
- thin fishing line;
- Without unfolding the green napkins, we make a wavy edge on three sides.
- Repeat the same action with red napkins, only the workpiece should be smaller in size.
- Now we unfold the napkins and put the red ones over the green ones.
- In the middle we overtighten blanks with a fishing line to make a bow.
- Then straighten all the layers of napkins, giving the flower pomp. The handicraft is ready.
Original wire flowers
Technique ganutel, or wire flowers - a great option to decorate furniture or curtains.
- thin wire;
- thread for flower and stem;
- ballpoint rod;
- On the core we wind the wire so that we get a spring with straight tails.
- We remove the spring and fold it in the form of a petal, we wind straight tails. We have a billet petal.
- Make 4-5 petals according to the scheme.
- Thread winding each turn of the spring petal.
- We connect the details of the flower together, in the center we pass the wire with a twisted small ball - this is the core.
- Stem wrapped with green thread. The flower is ready.
If you like exclusive jewelry, then do-it-yourself hand-made flowers - what you need. First, you do not need expensive materials, and secondly, such gizmos is not difficult to do. But the pleasure of the process and the result will be for sure. The main thing is to have patience and good mood.