Small children grow and develop very quickly. Partly contribute to this toy. It is believed that they only entertain, but in fact the same rattles help to develop coordination. There is a special kind of educational toys that you can use to learn and learn new skills. Most of them can be done by hand.
Developmental toys help to learn new words, to get acquainted with various phenomena, to develop motility, abstract thinking. Toys can be very different - in the form of cubes, wall boards, books and rugs.
The advantage of hand-made things is that you can show imagination and use different materials.
Before proceeding to the manufacture of toys, you need to remember that they must be different for different ages. The thing is how babies develop.
So it is better to use rugs, starting from 6 months of age. Babies are more suitable various rattles, for which they will hold the handles and develop motor skills. For small children, toys should be light and not particularly small. Closer to 9 months educational toys should be diverse - to perform several functions, make sounds.
It is worth remembering that all children's toys should be bright, but not acid colors.
For one-year-olds, it is better to make them so that they consist of several parts so that the crumb collects them. The older the child, the more skills the toys must develop. They should also be as close to real life as possible.
After you have decided on the type of educational toys, you should think about the materials for manufacturing. Here you can use everything that is in the house: remnants of cloth, knitting threads, applications, furniture latches.
From the fabric for the manufacture of educational toys is best suited for cotton and fleece. You will also need fillers - beans, buckwheat, peas, sintepon or halafiber.
Educational toys made of felt: how to do?
The easiest type of educational toys that can be used for a child of any age. It is better to choose a felt of average thickness. From it you can sew soft cubes, decorated with appliqués or various objects. Also felt used for decorating toys.
- Felt cubes are very easy to sew. To begin with, we make a paper pattern. Then we transfer it with allowances for seams on the material.
- We decorate each side. You can cut out geometric shapes or vegetables from multicolored felt and sew them on top of the fabric.
- The toy is ready. If it seems to you that it is too light or does not hold the shape, then you can put in the old unnecessary fabric.
- Cut the future cube and begin to fold. Seam allowances can be greased with glue and glue the cube as paper glues.
From felt you can sew a lot of all sorts of objects. To do this, simply transfer the pattern (for convenience, you can draw a picture by hand or print it out from the Internet).
You also get funny educational toys from fetrav in the form of fish that you need to catch with a fishing rod. For this, something metallic is sewn into the cut out of the felt from the felt. For the fishing rod take a stick attached to it with a rope with a magnet at the end.
DIY development book
For sewing developing books need cotton, foam layers, thread and decorative elements. First you need to decide on the design: what will be on each page and what the book will be devoted to. You can make a mix of different plots. The easiest option for a book is to buy cotton with the image of animals, cut them out and sew them with applique on the fabric from which we will make the pages.
After you have thought through the design, cut out rectangles of fabric, the number of which will be equal to the number of pages. Prepare as many rectangles of foam rubber of medium thickness. Do not forget about seam allowances - 1-1, 5 cm.
Developing elements such as animals, vegetables, numbers, a key on a string, etc. can be sewn onto rectangles of fabric in advance. The rectangles are folded face up and stitched on 3 sides. Turn on the front. Attach a foam foam rectangle inside each page. Fasten the seam allowances to the inside, chisel and stitch on the typewriter. Prepare the spine for the book - a strip of thick fabric. Iron on it seam allowances. All pages to collect in the correct order in a stack. Wrap a strip of fabric around them like a back of a paper book. Flash
A development book with your own hands can be anything - it all depends on your imagination and the age of the baby. Over time, it can be finished by additionally stitching new elements on the pages. It is best to decorate it with textured embroidery, ribbons, beads on long ropes, applications, different rustling elements.
Developing a rug for children
- The rug is usually sewn according to the same principle as the book. In fact, it is a huge rectangle with embroidered developmental elements. Additionally, you can build several supports, which can then be hung other toys and sling buses.
- Developing a rug for children with their own hands sew from 2 pieces of fabric and a layer of foam rubber. Just as before the manufacture of the book, you need to make a sketch: draw a rectangle and think over where that will be located.
- Cut off 2 pieces of fabric, taking into account the allowances, and a piece of foam rubber, equal to the size of the finished rug. We sew pieces of fabric on the third side of the front to the front. We turn them around and insert foam rubber inside.
- We process the open cut of the rug, bending the allowances for the seams inside and stitching them on a typewriter. On the upper side of the rug we place the necessary elements - a mirror, applications for houses, animals and so on. Sew each item separately.
Educational toys made of wood: models and functions
The most common cubes of wood can become a developing toy. It is enough to draw on each side of some object or letters.
Also, an original wooden educational toy can be made from fragments of boards. To do this, each board should be painted black with a construction roller. Then you take the usual crayons and draw on the boards everything that pleases. If you make a little effort, then the workpiece can be sawed jigsaws in the form of some object.
This toy performs 2 functions - it serves as a decoration for games and allows you to draw as on a school blackboard.
Wooden educational toys can be made from decoupage blanks that are sold in stationery stores. You can buy boards made in the form of vegetables or animals, paint them together with your child and use them during games to learn the names of objects.
Developmental toys help the child in a game form to acquire new skills. They make similar objects from wood, fabric, felt. They are useful at any age. Despite the fact that in stores you can find a huge number of games, but they are deprived of individuality. DIY toys with their own hands can be remembered for a baby for life. They are unique and carry a piece of maternal love.