Pillows are an indispensable part of the interior. With its help, you can decorate the house by adding a little comfort. In order not to spend extra money, you can sew a pillow with your own hands. In this case, you will be sure that you will not find such an original element of decor anywhere.
Cushions do-it-yourself: puffs
You will need:
- Portyerny fabric - 2 pieces (150х150 cm);
- Sewing machine;
- Sewing pins;
- First, handle overlock 2 pieces of fabric curtain. Sew them together and iron well. Using a chalk and a ruler, apply a marking on the fabric from the wrong side. Paint the fabric on small squares 2,5x2,5 cm and apply a puff to your scheme.
- Fold the fabric in half, mark the middle with a pin. From one end count the number of marks, as close as possible to the middle, back off from the last cell 1 cm, cut the fabric and process the cut with an overlock.
- Again fold the fabric in half, but markup outwards. Pin up the middle and all the parallel lines. Stitch and remove pins. When the workpiece is ready, you can start forming puffs.
- Puffs are collected by pulling the threads according to the scheme. When make the 1st tie, do not forget to fasten it. So make as many buffs as you need.
- In the middle of the finished pillow, you can sew a beautiful button. Fill the product with padding polyester and sew.
Making a pillow roller
You will need:
- Plain fabric - for the middle of the roller;
- Fabric with an ornament - for lateral parts;
- Fabric with patterns - for the side panels;
- Fabric in the cell;
- Filler for pillows;
- To make a pillow with your own hands, you will need patterns. To do this, cut a rectangle of 55x49 cm in size from a single-colored fabric.
- Cut 2 rectangles from a fabric with an ornament, 16x49 cm in size.
- Cut 2 squares of 20x20 cm of fabric with patterns.
- Cut out 2 check strips of 5x49 cm from checkered fabric.
- When you cut out all the main parts, proceed to the manufacture of the ends of the side panels. Fold the cut out square from the patterned fabric in half and another 1.5 times. Draw an arc, cut along the drawn line. As a result, you should have a circle. Do the same with the other square. Gather circles, departing 1.5 cm from the edge.
- Connect the rectangles of the middle part of the roller and side panels. Fold the resulting rectangle in length. Sew the edges together, leaving a 15 cm long hole in the middle of the seam.
- Take the checkered stripes, bend them in half and sew the edges. Turn out the resulting circles, bend in half and iron.
- Connect the checkered circles to the side panels and sew. Sew roller ends. Remove the finished pillow-roller, tamp with a filler and sew a hole with a secret seam.
You will need:
- The cloth;
- Sewing machine.
- Determine the required width and height of the planned cushion. On each side, add 1 cm. Fold the fabric in 2 times, cut the desired size, sew the open edges. Leave a hole that is about 10 cm long.
- Fill the pillow with padding polyester. The amount of padding polyester should be such that it is not heavy. Sew a hole with a hidden seam. Cushion ready. Make as many items as you need.
- As for the decoration, you can sew an original pillowcase for it, decorate it with buttons or beads, and also make embroidery.
Pillow with applique: how to do?
You will need:
- Crepe satin;
- From flax and crepe satin, make 2 squares of the same size. This will be the front part of the cover of your pillow.
- Fold the squares so that the square of crepe-satin is face up. Sweep around the edges.
- Cut out pieces of colored crepe satin pieces. It could be anything: animal faces, birds, plants, fruits, vegetables, buildings, stars, etc. Thus, you can create a whole picture on the pillow.
- Baste the 1st application, not forgetting to bend the cuts. At the end, leave a small hole so that you can fill the sintepon.
- Sew all applications to create a picture. Applications can also be filled with padding polyester, so that they look voluminous.
- From the crepe satin of the main color, open the back side of the pillow, which is composed of 2 parts. Sew a zipper between parts. Fold all the finished parts of the cover face to each other. Sew them together and twist through the open zipper. Pillow with appliqué ready! She will be able to decorate any room, especially the nursery.
Do-it-yourself pillow is a great way to bring fresh and bright notes into the interior of a room. You can sew a contrasting and unusual pillow or limit the classic option, suitable for your home design.