Interior design is made up of many details. Almost the main thing - correctly chosen curtains. It depends on them how the room will look as a whole. Curtains framing the window opening always attract attention and set the stylistic tone to all the other elements in the interior. When choosing curtains, everything is important: the type and texture of the fabric, its opacity, type of construction, cornice. Therefore, be prepared for the fact that before you have new curtains in your home, you will have to think about a lot of little things.
Curtains in the interior: traditions and novelties
Curtains for interior decoration began to use a very long time. Graceful draperies were valued by many aristocrats and other members of high society. By the way, good curtains in the old days were not available to everyone. The situation has changed, but the tradition to decorate the window remains. Many believe that there is nothing difficult in choosing curtains. This is not entirely true. The modern consumer is offered an extensive selection of materials, colors and tailoring options. Sometimes you can just get confused. So the question arises: how to choose curtains?
First of all, you need to build on the overall style of the interior and the appointment of curtains. Curtains in the bedroom should be sufficiently opaque with a dimming of 80 to 95 percent. On the contrary, the curtains in the kitchen can be light and flowing. Cabinet curtains are usually performed in a strict presentable style, also using heavy curtains and jacquard fabric.
There are many types of curtains. So on the small narrow windows look great Roman blinds. Their cloth climbs up, opening the window, and resemble blinds. French curtains are similar to this type of curtains - they are also fought up at the expense of the firmware.
For small rooms suitable roller blinds. As the name implies, they simply fold into a roll in order to skip a sufficient amount of light.
Also for interiors in ethnic style can fit Japanese curtains. They are a rigid fabric with something resembling a screen in a lightweight version, rising with the help of a special mechanism.
How to choose curtains: tips
- To begin with, we are determined with the general style and type of curtains. Also in advance it is better to think about the type of eaves. After that you should take measurements. For sewing standard curtains you need to measure the width of the cornice and the distance from the cornice to the floor.
- If you want to sew the curtains on the attic window, then you need to measure both parts of the eaves - horizontal and located obliquely. With these measures, you can immediately go to the studio, where a professional seamstress will take your order. On the other hand, there is nothing difficult in sewing standard curtains. You can try to make them yourself, even in the absence of special factory equipment.
- Curtains in the interior can be processed in several ways. In addition, each type of treatment affects the final footage of the fabric.
- Curtains top can be processed with eyelets. In this case, to determine the width of each of the curtains, you need to multiply the length of the cornice by the coefficient
- Tulle usually "put" on the curtain tape. The coefficient for such a treatment will be about 2-3 - the more, the greater the folds of tulle will be. Example: if the eaves width is 2 m, then the required amount of fabric for sewing tulle is 4-6 m.
- To the total amount of fabric you need to add allowances for processing. On the side cut of -1-5 cm, the stock for processing the top depends on what type of it you have chosen. When fastening curtains with eyelets, from above you need to postpone the amount of fabric that folded closes the eaves. Usually for this lay 10-20 cm (ie, when folded, the top edge to the eyelets will be 5-10 cm).
- When fastening with tape or hooks, they lay 12 cm on the upper cut. The lower hem should be calculated on the height of the curtain you need. Standardly it is 10 cm (5 cm in finished form).
Photo selection of successful options
Remember that for self-tailoring curtains must take into account the width of the original fabric in the roll. Usually it is produced up to 280 cm. Curtain fabrics do a little bit. Therefore, cutting can be done a little differently - stitching halves. In this case, it is necessary to take into account the direction of the pattern on the fabric so that nothing is displaced.
By the way, the curtains do not just decorate the window, but can adjust its size. So you can make it wider by ordering a cornice that goes out of the window by 20 cm on both sides. This method will not only visually enlarge the window, but also contribute to a greater penetration of light - in the open state, the curtains will fully open the window opening.
Adjust the height can also be outweighing the cornice higher in the direction of the ceiling. Without much effort, this effect can be achieved by processing the upper cut with grommets or a drawstring. Remember that the curtains that reach the window sill, visually shorten the window (at the same time, the rule does not work for kitchen curtains, which make a little lower than the window sill for convenience). Conversely, high window openings make visually less with the help of bright colors and prints of fabric.
Curtains in the interior of the panel house is also very easy to pick up. It is possible to use multi-tiered construction, combinations of light tissues.
Cotton curtains in the interior: how to choose?
Recently, cotton blinds are very popular. They are thin stripes connected at the top with a strip of fabric. Cotton curtains in the interior are quite appropriate. It should be remembered that without curtains or curtains, they can give the impression of incompleteness. Such options can be used not only as curtains for windows, but also for the decoration of doorways and as a division of space in the room.
When choosing yarn curtains worth paying attention to quality. Cheap curtain can very quickly lose its presentation. By the way, as an experiment, you can try to make these curtains with your own hands. To do this, you need a strong rope and beads.
Filament curtains are made very simple: decorative elements are gathered and fixed on the thread. Then they are attached to one base in the form of a strip of thick fabric or slats. Cotton curtains are ready to do it yourself! Similar curtains can be made without beads, using viscose for knitting (sometimes on sale you can find viscose curtain in reels).
It is important to remember that any curtains must overlap with the tone of the wallpaper. On the other hand, experiments are possible. So bright curtains with large prints can be easily entered into a bright room with solid walls.
After the curtains are selected and sewn, it is important to start properly caring for them. Only thick curtains or curtains can be washed in a typewriter. Light tulle is preferable to wash hands. It is important to rinse the curtains well so that later there will be no soap stains on them. It is also recommended to periodically dry clean. To do this, you can try to vacuum the cloth or walk on it with a special whisk against dust.
Curtains - an integral part of any interior. They not only help regulate the amount of light in the room, but are also an important part of the decor. When choosing them, it is important to take into account the features of your window, the overall color orientation of the room, their purpose. How to choose curtains? To do this, you must remove the exact dimensions of the eaves and decide on the model and type of fabric. Modern designers offer many solutions for curtains. For example, the familiar models in the interior can be replaced with a cotton curtain.