Every person uses socks. They are worn by men, women, children, and adults. In cold weather, socks are most relevant, and we often buy them in stores. But if you want, you can show your creative imagination and learn how to crochet socks with your own hands.
Knitted socks are much warmer, better, more beautiful and cheaper than those bought in a store. Quality socks made of natural wool in stores are quite expensive. Knit such socks very easily and quickly.
How to crochet socks?
This option is suitable for those who first decided to knit socks not with knitting needles, but crocheted. Before you start knitting, you need to choose a hook. The choice of hook depends on the selected yarn and knitting thickness. For the model that will be proposed below, the hook №5 is used. Even if you knit socks loosely, they still get very tight and reliable. When crocheting, you can use the jacquard method, in which the free thread passes into the inside of a single crochet post. This method of knitting does not thicken the product, and during work you can easily change the color of the thread by associating the socks with patterns.
- Sock begin to knit from the top of the product. 42 hooks on the air loop and crochet Jacquard in a circle. Diagonal bevels in the figure are obtained by themselves. When they decide that the height of the gum has reached the required size, go to the heel knitting. The canvas is divided in half, then begin to knit in turning rows to the height of the heel.
- After that, as with knitting, the heel is crocheted. This is done by dividing the heel loops into three parts, then the middle part is knitted and the loops from the loops left at the side are tacked in parallel. After the formation of the heel continue to knit a sock in a circle. To check the size of the sock, try it on from time to time.
- Tie up the product to the required length, and then begin to cut the canvas. For this it is necessary to divide the product into two parts and on each side in each row to connect one column with a crochet of three columns.
How to quickly crochet socks for beginners?
Prepare some rustic wool and hook number 5.
- Start knitting from the top of the sock. Type 42 air loops and start to knit in a circle.
- When you decide that the height is enough, go to the heel knitting. To do this, divide the canvas in half and knit on the heel height of the turning rows. Wrap the heel, divided into 3 parts, knit the middle part, grabbing the loop at the end of each row from the loops left from the side.
- After that, start to knit the bottom of the sock in a circle. As soon as you finish to the desired length, begin to reduce knitting. To do this, divide the knitting in half and in each row from two sides knit from 3 columns one with double crochet.
Crochet socks for beginners
To begin, you will need a hook number 6 and 200 g of yarn of any color. The knitting pattern at the sock will be a durable column.
- Tie a chain of 5 loops. Start knitting with the toe up. In the 1st row, make 1 loop for lifting, and 12 rows in the ring. In the 2nd row, knit 2 columns from each loop of the previous row. In the 3rd row add 1 column through each loop. 4th row do the scheme of the 3rd. In the 5th row, knit 1 column from the loops of the previous row. From 6 to 20 row knit on the fifth scheme. On the 21st row of the loop, divide the entire circle in half. Then tie the chain with air loops from half loops. In the 22nd row of half loops skip, and continue to knit. 23-24 rows knit again according to the scheme of the 5th.
- Begin to knit heel. In the 1st row above the column of the previous row, tie a hole for the heel with 1 column. In the 2nd row, crochet the crochet posts, diminishing 2 loops in the corners on both sides. From the 3rd to the 9th row knit as a 2nd row. On the 10th row, the remaining 4 columns pull off the thread. Now you can start crocheting the second sock, since the first sock is ready.
Crocheted socks can warm you up in a cold winter, giving you a feeling of warmth and comfort. Having mastered a simple pattern of knitting socks, you can link them to all family members. They will be very grateful to you. It is good to knit such socks out of wool, which must first be processed, so that it becomes soft and does not prick the feet.