The beret is a universal headdress, which is not subject to the whims of fashion. He is able to make the whole image sound in a new way, so designers willingly use this detail in their collections. However, it is not necessary to buy a hairstyle from haute couture: even the one who only learns the basics of needlework can knit the original thing.
And crochet berets, whose schemes are understandable even to a beginner, will be an excellent addition to your wardrobe.
Features technology knitting berets
Homeland berets is France. And initially it was the headdress of male citizens, and then the mandatory part of the military uniform. Over time, women picked up the tradition of wearing berets, appreciating their convenience: in the cold season they warm their heads, and in the summer heat they protect from the sun's rays. In addition, these hats look great on little girls, making them look like pupae. Thus, there are many reasons to master the technology of knitting this piece of clothing.
If you want to know all the features of knitting berets, then first you need to take into account some of the nuances of yarn selection:
- As a rule, synthetic threads are used for berets: they keep their shape perfectly and do not stretch;
- on average, it takes about 200 g of yarn;
- Depending on the pattern of the model, the thickness of the yarn is selected: the larger the pattern, the thicker the threads should be;
- openwork berets look better if the yarn is not too thin;
- The band (the part that holds the headgear on the head) of the thin thread is better to do double;
- for the children's berets, you can take cotton threads.
Before you begin to carefully study how to crochet beats, you need to choose not only the model, but also the hook itself. Its thickness depends on the thickness of the yarn, but hook No. 4 is considered optimal - it is convenient for them to knit from thin threads and from more dense ones.
Crochet openwork beret scheme and description
Things connected with openwork are always at the peak of fashion, and berets in this sense are no exception. Such airy, light patterns look especially good on headdresses. In addition, they are very functional: in the autumn and spring bad weather in a warm hat it is already hot, but it takes quite appropriate. The most universal model is the "track" pattern. If such a model is knitted from thin threads, then the product will turn out “into the hole”, and on more dense threads it looks quite dense, convex. In order to tie such a beret, we need:
- 50 g of wool;
- hook number 4.
- Getting started with 16 double crochets, closed in a circle.
- We knit the second row with connecting loops.
- Evenly add 4 air loops. Knit 2 more rows. We close each row with a connecting post.
- We start the next row with two connecting posts, then we roll over the second of these posts and add 2 posts. We also knit all the loops of the row. Next, follow the scheme.
- In the next rows we connect not 2, but 3 loops with a connecting column so that the junction points are not visible in the figure.
- After tying 14 rows, we begin to slow down the loops.
- Finishing knitting, we make 3 columns without nakida - this is our band.
- Close the last loop and hide its end on the wrong side of the product. Takes ready.
How to tie openwork beret for a girl?
In the summer heat, an open beret is a real find for a little lady. It helps protect the pretty head from the harmful UV light and adds to the image of "fairy tale". To create an original headdress for a girl, we need:
- 45 g of yarn (better to take cotton with the addition of synthetics);
- hook number 3.5 or number 4.
The work is based on the following steps.
- We make a chain of 6 air loops. We close them in the ring.
- Knit 3 lifting loops, more than 19 double crochets.
- Again we make the rise of 3 air loops. Then 3 air loops, 2 double crochets. We alternate the 3 + 2 scheme.
- Nakid get involved in each previous column. And we complete the row with a connecting post.
- Next, we knit according to the scheme up to 30 rows.
- We are starting to decrease. 3 rows with a decrease every 5 loops, but in the columns we save the nakida.
- The next row is the same; we do not save reductions.
- The last row of the pattern - columns without crochet and decrease.
- We conclude with 3 rows of bands. In our case, this is 5 columns without crochet. Takes ready.
Other models of crochet berets
Openwork drawings are good because they practically do not limit imagination. The only thing you should not forget is a meticulous count of loops. You should not rely that the extra loop can be hidden in the next row. From this drawing "float." Therefore, there is a universal model of the beret for those who do not like to work with numbers, which negates the likelihood of the appearance of extra loops. The pattern consists in the alternation of columns with and without nakida (1Х1). We need to cook:
- 80 g of yarn;
- hook number 3.5.
- We close 16 loops in a ring, we knit them with single crochets.
- We start the next row with 3 lift loops. Subsequent rows will also begin with lifting loops.
- Alternate with double crochet and without. We get a mesh.
- On the 25th row we begin to reduce the loop. 5 in each second row over 10 rows.
- Knit with columns without crochet 3 cm band. Takes ready.
Such a model can be decorated with embroidery or brooch, which will give the headdress elegance and elegance.
Berets never go out of fashion. Proof-a-porter shows on which annually world-famous designers rely on this detail of the wardrobe can confirm this. Therefore, if you want to be in a trend, tie a crochet beret to yourself, your daughter or granddaughter. Choose schemes that are not too intricate - then the result will definitely not disappoint.