It is difficult to imagine socks, mittens or gloves, hats without special binding with a rubber band. This element gives the product a finished look and the necessary elasticity. Today we will tell you how to crochet a rubber band, the schemes and description of which have several options.
How to choose the hook and type of gum?
Let's begin our master class with the fact that rubber bands are of several types - transverse, horizontal and relief. The choice of crochet will depend on the density of the knitting, the yarn and the result you want to get. Need to knit very tightly? Then take a smaller hook. And if you like loose and large knitting, fit a hook with a large diameter.
Cross gum is a kind of attempt to imitate the work of the spokes. It is possible to knit them in several ways - with connecting columns, without nakida and semi-columns with a crochet.
Horizontal gum is most often used for knitting headbands, hats or bracelets. But to create cuffs and collars, this type of edging is rarely used, because the elastic will need to be knitted separately and then sewn to the finished product.
Another type of gum - embossed. Of course, this gum is not so elastic and elastic, but it looks much more interesting. Let's try together to link the experimental samples of each type of gum according to the following descriptions and diagrams.
The knitting pattern of such an elastic crochet has its own feature - all the loops in the work are knit with a semi-column with a crochet behind the back half-loop of the previous row. This technique can often be found in the translation of descriptions to knitting from Japanese and Chinese magazines. In the Land of the Rising Sun transverse gum occupy the highest degree of popularity.
- hook number 4;
- First hook the required number of loops. For the sample will be enough, and 10 stitches.
- Now we knit one loop of a lift at the end of the chain and wind up the hook for the working thread on the left.
- We pass the head of the hook into the second half-stitch of the chain, grab the working thread and take out the loop.
- Then that loop, which you pulled through the second stitch, pass through all the loops on the hook.
- Similarly, knit a sample of the desired length, not forgetting to turn the work in each new row.
Most often when knitting in a circle the craftswomen prefer to work with embossed columns. This choice of mating allows you to create a smooth, barely noticeable transition from the cuff to the main pattern of the product and does not need subsequent stitching. The principle of knitting consists in the sequential alternation of embossed seamy and facial columns. In this example, we showed how to tie a 2 by 2 elastic band. But if you need a more dense knitting of the pattern, alternate the column not through two loops, but through one.
- hook number 4;
- Eraser crochet in a circle knits with purl and facial relief columns according to the following scheme.
- First you need to dial a chain of air loops and close the circle.
- Then we make a lifting loop and tie up the chain with a single crochet.
- Now we expand the work, make three air stitch lifting and proceed to the knitting of the front and back poles.
- We make a nakid a working thread and we get a hook for the first column of a motive behind.
- Grab the working thread with the head of the hook, pull it out and knit the first two stitches on the hook.
- Again we throw a working thread on the hook and knit the remaining loops.
- We repeat the last three steps one more time and we tie up the facial embossed columns in the same way, only we introduce the hook not in the back of the work, but in the front.
- In the end, should get this circular gum.
The method of knitting gum connecting columns
Eraser crochet for caps often knit only connecting columns. And all because this option is very convenient to use for the formation of a lapel or lining. In addition, such a pattern, although it seems too dense at first glance, is in fact very soft and elastic.
- hook number 3;
- The first row of typesetting, it consists of a chain of air loops.
- The second row is, in fact, the beginning of knitting. Enter the hook into the second eyelet and knit a row with the front satin stitch.
- In this case, in the front rows all the loops need to be knit with connecting posts behind the back half of the previous line.
- And in the purlous rows, all the loops are knitted by connecting posts behind the front half-loop of the previous line.
- In addition, during operation, the yarn should always be kept before crocheting.
- By this principle, we knit the necessary length of the gum.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in crocheting gum. We hope that our lessons were not in vain and now you will be able to bind the elastic edging yourself. The main thing is to correctly determine the type of edging, so as not to spoil the original idea of the finished product.