Wood is a natural material that can be used for construction work, the manufacture of furniture and home accessories, the creation of original handicrafts. These can be, for example, toys for children.
Crafts for boys: weapons made of wood
Do-it-yourself wooden bow is an ideal toy for a boy. Making it yourself is not difficult; learning to use is also easy. Before giving such a bow to your child, you should carry out a safety procedure and explain that it is impossible to shoot at people and animals. Otherwise, an accident may occur.
You will need:
- The wood of any solid wood (juniper, oak, elm, larch or hazel);
- Bowstring (silk thread, rubber band or leather).
- Find a suitable flexible bough, chop off all the notches and clean it of wood. The length of the bow is determined as follows: Attach the branch with your hand to the end of the thigh, and with the other hand, straighten it and take the branch to the side. The other hand should be parallel to the workpiece. As far as the arm reaches, the bow should be so long.
- The width of the product in the middle should be 5, and the ends should be 1.5 cm. At a distance of 12.5 cm from the ends of the bitch, cut holes for the bowstring. After giving onions the desired shape, process it with fat or oil. Dry the wood blank in the sun.
- When it is fully ready, attach the bowstring. Remember that it must be strong enough and well tensioned to be able to shoot. Do not forget to make arrows for the bow, as well as a quiver.
- Arrows can be made from the same wood as the bow. Sew a quiver from dense fabric. This toy will be a great gift for a boy.
A gun made of wood with their own hands
You will need:
- Wooden block;
- A piece of rubber bicycle chamber;
- Drill with a drill not more than 6 mm;
- Sharp knife;
- Long nail.
- The design of the gun is divided into 3 elements: solid handles, barrel, pistons and rubber bands. The first thing you have to do is the barrel and the pistol grip. Cut these elements from a wooden bar. It must be at least 2 cm thick, and any shape. When you saw the trunk, make a hole in it to its full length and sand it with sandpaper. To do this, roll it into a tube, put it on a long nail and polish it in the usual way.
- From the remaining bar of wood, make a piston. It looks like a long wooden stick, whose diameter is 5 mm. At one end of the piston, a slight thickening is necessary - it is a sear. The piston itself must be the entire length of the barrel, free to enter and exit from it.
- Attach a rubber band or tape cut from a piece of bicycle chamber to the piston thickening. Instead of a wooden piston, you can take an ordinary nail. His cap will serve as a sear. The nail should fit along the length of the trunk. The finished piston is inserted into the barrel of the gun. Adjust the sear in such a way that when the trigger is pulled back, the trigger is erected.
- Fasten together all the details of the gun. Of course, you cannot shoot from it, but it looks almost like a real one. For plausibility, paint it with black paint and varnish or varnish.
Crafts for girls made of wood with their own hands
A beautiful jewelry box will become a wonderful hand-made article for the girl, where she can remove her hairpins and bows, children's cosmetics, cards, stickers, and other necessary things.
- First you need to pick a tree species. Professionals advise to use linden, alder or pine, because they are easily processed. After you decide what size your box will be. Standard model: 10x10x8 cm. The wall thickness of the box should not exceed 1 cm. Bottom and top: 10x10 cm. Side walls: 10x8 cm. You can take any other dimensions.
- When you have decided on the size, you can start making crafts. On the side walls cut the bevels at an angle of 45 degrees to the surface of the board. In relation to each other, the walls of the box should be at an angle of 90 degrees. Sand the walls with sandpaper. Glue the sides together with glue to form a box. Attach a sanded bottom and cover to the box. As a result, you get a cube.
- Wait until the casket is completely dry, and the design will gain strength. Using an emery paper, polish the casket and draw a line around the perimeter, departing 2 cm from the top. Saw the sides with a hacksaw and grind the parts. Make recesses under the hinges: drill holes in the cover and the front wall. Insert into the bottom hole of the loop. Experts recommend using nog, so that the cover of the box does not move.
- The frame of the product can be painted, painted, carved, tinted, decoupage or varnished. You can simply cover the box with ordinary paint or stick colorful stickers.
See also:DIY woodwork
Wood is an environmentally friendly material from which many things can be made. Handicrafts made of wood for children is a great opportunity to show imagination and pamper your child with an exclusive toy. You can attract a kid to create crafts, turning it into an interesting game!