Even in the last century, home comfort was created by hand. Our grandmothers and senior women in their families themselves knit things, sewed clothes, made all sorts of jewelry for the house. They sewed pillowcases, curtains, pillows and more. Our grandmothers were truly needlewomen.
Now there is no time left for needlework. Or is it not? Can it be easier for us to buy any item in the store or to order it? And free time to spend on something else? But if you are not a fan of spending your free time idly, We offer to sew a blanket on the bed with your own hands. Believe me, it's easy. If desired, each of us can do this.
We will sew a blanket for the bedroom. The bedroom is the warmest place in every home. I want it to be especially cozy and good. The bedcover should be in harmony with the overall color scheme of the room, and also please you. You need a warm and soft bedspread on which it is so wonderful to rest.
What is needed for sewing bedspreads?
- In order to sew a blanket, you must prepare in advance. the cloth desired texture and color. Well, when the bedcover completely covers the bed from all sides. For the decoration of bedspreads can be edging on the sides. A bed with a trimmed veil will look more elegant.
- Naturally you you can not do without cutting tools. It can be scissors, cutter, knife, in general, what is more convenient for you to work with.
- Also need threads, needles and decorative trimmings (beads, frills, etc.).
What is a bedspread for bedroom?
It is important to know what kind of blanket we want to get as a result of the work. Based on this, the material is already selected. Sometimes the opposite: at home we find an old, unnecessary, but good fabric and sew a veil from it.
Here are some options for bed covers that you can sew with your own hands.
- Simple bedspread or plaid- this bed-sized bedspread. Usually sewn from one piece of matter. Sometimes make the wrong side (for insulation blankets or for another reason). Can be used for finishing cover decorative braid or fringe.
- Cover with frill. A frill is added to the simple curtain. This option is suitable for fans of romance, classic or fabulous interiors. You can make not one frill, but several.
- Complicated bedspread- the coverlet sewed from several types of fabric. Moreover, the fabric can vary both in color and texture. To decorate a complicated bedspread, you can use a variety of decor: beads, bows, ruffles, ruffles, tassels, etc.
Patchwork do-it-yourself bedspread
Quilting is very easy to sew. Moreover, there is always material at hand. Therefore, cash costs are minimal. In each house there are old pillow cases or curtains, clothing items. It is enough to make templates, and if you have a well-developed imagination, you can not do them.
Flaps do not have to be the same size. The main thing is that in the end the bedspread comes to your bed. Patchwork blanket can be variegated, using all sorts of colors, colors and patterns, and can be delicate, in a certain color range (for example, lilac-pink and white). You can sew the patches manually, and you can also on a sewing machine. There is no fundamental difference. The quilt can be trimmed with a frill of a certain color. At your discretion, you can make the wrong side of a large piece of matter. By the patchwork bedspread is well suited the same pads.
The technique of quilting is called patchwork.. For more on how to diversify the interior of the bedroom and home with a quilting technique, read the article "Patchwork with your own hands."
Cover with frill for the bedroom do it yourself
If you want a blanket of this type, first decide how long your frill will be. She can cover the bed completely, falling to the floor, or only half, half. The frill may be of the same fabric that the veil itself, or may vary by a tone or several. Frills come in even different colors (all at your discretion).
To create a frill, you need to make several details: the foot of the bed, sides, corners. Always, as for a simple bedspread, and for a bedspread with a frill, leave one or two centimeters on the seams for details. This type of bedspread can also be sewn by hand.
Quilted DIY Bedspread
On a simple bedspread, we say only that it is easiest to sew it. It is sewn from one piece of fabric. Let's talk about creating a quilted bedspread. You need to choose a lighter fabric. It will be required except for fabric of polyester and stuffing. We sew a blanket stuffed with padding polyester. We plot from the inside of the line and sew them on a sewing machine or with our hands. The latter will take you a lot of time and patience.
Let's not forget that from time immemorial women were needlewomen. Therefore, by creating something with our own hands at home, we give comfort to our home, give it our care and beautiful exclusive things that you cannot meet again.