Very often even experienced flower growers confuse Cordilina with dracaenes. Distinguishing them in appearance is difficult, so it is better to remove the plant from the pot - it's easier to do this by the roots. If you cut the root of the room cordidine, it will be white. Cordilin roots also have some swellings or cone-like sprouts. Roots dratsen smooth, color have from yellow and orange to light brown.
Appearance Cordilina room
Cordilina - evergreen shrub or tree. In appearance, resembles dracaena. The leaves are oblong, green with colored veins or frames, make up all the beauty of the plant, since cordilina refers to ornamental leaf indoor plants.
Types of Cordilina
Currently known in culture more than fifteen types of cordilin. These plants in natural conditions are quite large, can reach several meters in height.
Consider the four most common in our apartments and in the sale of the cordilina type.
- Cordilina South(Australian) It is the most unpretentious view of the cordilin. It is a tree with large green saber leaves. There are varieties of the southern Cordilina with yellow or red longitudinal stripes on the leaves.
- Cordilina undividedso named, most likely because of the unbranched trunk. The leaves of this tree are lanceolate, to the bottom they narrow. Often the leaves are framed with reddish stripes, and at the base have a bluish tinge. In the center of the sheet there is a red or orange vein.
- Cordilina straight- tree with lanceolate or linear leaves of green or bronze-purple color. The leaves taper to the top and have notches along the entire edge of the sheet.
- Cordilina apicalmore capricious in the care. This tree has a loosely branched or non-branched trunk. Leaves oblong, narrowed at the top, green. There are forms with crimson, yellow, red or brown stripes on the leaves.
Location in the Cordilina room
Unfortunately, at home the Cordilins grow rather slowly. But they usually live for a very long time, though with proper care (light, correct location, air humidity, etc.).
Small specimensbest placed in the house on the windowsill, because in the depths of the apartment they may not have enough light. BUT with a lack of light plants (especially intensely old) lose bottom leaves, which harms the outer beauty of the cordilina. Window best fit east and west. But still the plant from the window should be separated with light curtains of tulle - this is an excellent protection from exposure to direct ultraviolet rays.
Large copiesplants can be planted in buckets or tubs and put also near the window, so that they have enough sunshine.
Care cordilina room
- Lighting It is required for Cordilina quite abundant. Bright places will suit her, but protect her from direct sunlight.
- Temperature should be moderate, in winter should not fall below 13 ° C.
- Air humidityincreased. She needs to regularly spray leaves with water at room temperature.
- Watering profusely moderate. The soil should be wet, but avoid waterlogging. In winter, watering should be limited.
- Breeds Cordilina stem cuttings, offspring and apical shoots, sometimes seeds.
- Transplantedspring once every two years.
- During the growing season from April to August cordilin need feed every two weeks. You can use for this complex fertilizer for indoor plants, which are sold in flower shops.
- Very beneficial to the plant soil loosening, because it increases the access of air to the roots.
See also:Firefox: landing and care
Pests and diseases Cordilina room
Cordilina room hit shchitovki aphid and thrips. For information on how to get rid of pests, read the articles "Clivia is a long-lived plant", "The universal beloved monster", "Coleus, or colorful nettle."