Kitchen without hood looks unfinished. In addition, soot, which is released in the process of cooking, settles on furniture, wallpaper and other surfaces. Also, the smell is absorbed not only in all kitchen items, but also spreads through the rooms. That is why every modern kitchen should have a hood. Moreover, its purchase should be approached with responsibility and seriousness.
Such devices are of 2 types, different among themselves according to the principle of operation:
- Air Purifiers This technique draws air over the stove, then passes it through a special filter and releases it again, only already cleaned. Such recirculation hoods primarily protect from soot and practically do not retain the smell;
- Exhaust ventilation. Air is drawn over the stove and vented to the ventilation system by means of an air duct. When choosing a hood, special attention should be paid precisely to the duct. Moreover, such air purifiers are no less effective than conventional hoods. They are especially recommended to be purchased in cases when exhaust ventilation in the kitchen is not strong or not at all. This applies to old homes.
What should I look for when buying a kitchen hood? In the first place - on its design, because it will become the same decoration of the interior, like a lamp or a picture. Usually, this technique is selected for the overall style of the kitchen, because it must be in harmony with the furniture and stove. You can also find models made in the style of Hi-Tech, they look very nice. Parts of the ball, the shape of a pyramid, cone or other fancy elements will decorate the kitchen interior.
Dome hood for the kitchen: the benefits
Because of the shape in the form of a dome, such a hood captures evaporation well. Also, its distinctive feature is the installation method. It is always designed to remove polluted air outside the room. Well, if such a technique will have a duct, because it provides a constant flow of air into the kitchen from the street.
Also an important characteristic is the material from which the hood is made. So it must withstand the effects of complex chemical compounds that are released in the process of cooking. These characteristics correspond to stainless steel. And if the hood is needed color, it is better to give preference to the model, which was painted powder method. This coating is more resistant than enamel.
The most significant technical characteristic is the performance of the equipment, it is measured in cubic meters, which the hood draws over an hour of work. For the model, the air duct of which is connected to the ventilation ventilation hole, it is necessary to select an extractor with a capacity from 200 to 250 units. And if for the duct the hole is in the outer wall and there is a conclusion to the street, then the device performance should be from 300 units.
If the hood is located in a conventional kitchen, the hood can be purchased with 1 motor-unit, and if the workload is large for it, then there should be 2 motors. Also, you can install both heat-absorbing and carbon filters in such equipment. The first ones are made of metal and last longer, but they will need to be periodically washed with detergent. But carbon filters do not need to be cleaned, but they will have to be changed regularly. Dome hoods are recommended to be installed in spacious kitchens. It is also better to purchase models with automatic mode switching, etc. with additional functions. On such devices it is better not to save!
Inclined Models: Features
Such hoods differ from others not only in their appearance, because their part that directly draws air in is at an acute angle to the wall, but also in other features. They are equipped with a powerful, but at the same time a quiet motor. Also, this technique saves space. Most models are diverted - they draw in and eliminate dirty air, thereby letting in clean air. There are also inclined hoods working on the principle of air recirculation. Another advantage of this technology is that it does not violate the ventilation system of the room and retains the temperature air.
Choosing an inclined hood, fastening it should be done in such a way that its lower edge is located 40-50 cm from the electric cooking surface and 55-60 cm from the stove. Power can also be calculated using the following formula: multiply the kitchen area by 12 and the coefficient 1.3. The resulting number will become an indicator. To take a technique that is more powerful is not advisable.
Carbon hood: principle of operation
Such devices operate on the principle of air flow recirculation, which distinguishes them from conventional flow equipment, which simply eliminate polluted air. The air drawn in by the coal exhaust passes 2 stages of cleaning. The first of them is cleaned through a heat-removing filter from heavy particles - fat, soot, burning. After that, the air enters the carbon filter, and he, in turn, already subtly cleans it from unpleasant odors. By the way, such filters are reusable, to clean it, you only need to get it, wash it under running water and install it back. Carbon filters are always only disposable, it is recommended to change them 4 times a year or as they are polluted. Such units are installed very simply. They are easy to manage and will not disturb the usual ventilation of the space. And these hoods are cheaper than others. Filters for them do not have to be made by the same company as the device itself.
Prices of different models
On average, kitchen hoods cost from $ 20 to $ 200, but there are more expensive items - it all depends on the model, brand of manufacturer, power and design of the device.
The choice of kitchen hoods is great, there is even a technique with touch controls and lighting. You should also pay attention to the presence of a power regulator - with it you can control not only the power of the hood, but also the noise level. There are also models with built-in timer and remote control.
According to SES standards, the noise level should not exceed 40 decibels, therefore, the hood should be selected appropriate, that is, its noise level should be slightly lower.
You should not immediately buy the cheapest model, because it can be low-quality and quickly fail.
- Natalya: We have a Kupersbush hood at our home. Sucks the air so that it is sometimes difficult to open the door when leaving the kitchen. In general, the equipment of this brand is simply excellent and of high quality!
- Eleonora: A couple of years ago, they bought an ordinary Bosch hood for 7 thousand rubles. 3 modes, perfectly cleans the air from odors. Let the pipe come out of it, but it was cheaper and works fine. In general, I believe that the equipment must be acquired by well-known brands, then the quality will be appropriate.
- Kristina: I do not remember my first drawing company, but after the purchase she worked for only 7 months. And when we started looking for replacement filters, it turned out that they were not available anywhere, although when buying equipment the seller was convinced that a replaceable carbon filter could always be found. After that, bought a Bosch hood, it works great.
Nowadays, appliance stores are replete with kitchen hoods, various in design, color, shape, accessories. Therefore, if you have conceived to purchase this device, clearly determine what should be in it first of all. Then she can not only delight with her appearance, but will work effectively!