Healing herbs are helpers for those who do not want to poison their bodies with "chemistry." Today, there are plenty of magic pills and miraculous syrups, but it is simply necessary to know the beneficial properties of medicinal herbs. Let's get acquainted with the unremarkable grass - mother and stepmother. Its description and healing recipes can be found in our article.
Golden suns in early spring
Why do such unattractive flowers have such an interesting name? Once you touch the most delicate leaves of the plant, everything becomes clear immediately. In order not to be mistaken when collecting healing herbs, and not to confuse it with yellow dandelion heads, we present a description of a mother and stepmother.
The people of the plant with sunny flowers has many names. One-sided, king-potion, frostbite, dyelist - only some of them. A coltsfoot is difficult to confuse with other early spring grass. As soon as the snow melted, and nature awakens, yellow flowers appear in the thawed patches. That's the difference between coltsfoot and other plants - first flowering, and then the first green leaflets will delight the eye.
Describing the flowers of coltsfoot, resembling carved fluffy baskets, it should be noted that they sit on peduncles 10 to 25 cm high. The medicinal plant has a branchy creeping root. After the flowers appear basal leaves heart-shaped round shape. They are dense and bordered with teeth.
Leaf sizes can be up to 25 cm in diameter and are very similar to burdock. The upper part of the leaf of the plant is smooth and cold to the touch, and the lower part is warm and velvety, covered with numerous villi. These features are reflected in the title: the lower part is the mother, the upper part is the stepmother.
Unpretentious and small yellow flowers grow on the slopes, in the beams, above the cliffs of rivers and streams. The coltsfoot does not represent a decorative meaning, but its useful and healing properties are recognized by many. Inflorescences, leaves, and roots are used to treat a wide range of diseases.
In order for the plant to carry our body only good, it is important to correctly collect, dry and store the healing material. Flowers are collected in the spring, neatly separated from the pedicels. Leaves choose young, fresh, without a trace of disease and dryness. The collection of weed for further storage should take place on warm, sun-drenched days. The correct approach to the harvesting and storage of plants makes it possible to make a supply of medicinal raw materials for several years.
What ailments does miraculous herb cure?
Doctors have used coltsfoot since ancient times. At the right time, it is necessary to say "Seven woes - one answer." Below is a list of diseases in which our plant is shown for medical purposes. So, coltsfoot helps to cope with diseases such as:
- stomach ulcer;
- heart disease, bladder and kidney disease;
- inflammatory processes of the oral cavity;
- runny nose;
Herbal therapy must be approached with intelligence and knowledge of the matter. Therefore, we devote some time to the description of the medicinal properties of the mother-and-stepmother plant for children. For a child's body, it is a disinfectant, tonic, diaphoretic, expectorant, wound healing and anti-inflammatory agent.
Leaflets and inconspicuous golden baskets are rich in beneficial vitamins. They contain mucus, which bears a soothing expectorant effect. But it is important to know: drugs with this plant should be given to children who have reached the age of two.
We present several common and proven therapeutic formulations.
Infusion with expectorant effect
Prepare an infusion with excellent expectorant effect. It should be stored in the cold without access of sunlight no more than 48 hours.
- dried leaves coltsfoot - 1 tbsp. l .;
- 1 tbsp. boiling water.
Preparation and use:
- We place the grass in an enameled container, and then pour boiling water.
- Cover and simmer the infusion for a quarter of an hour in a water bath.
- Cooling is carried out in natural conditions. Strain and squeeze. It is important for us to get everything valuable from the medicinal herb.
- The resulting amount of infusion is supplemented with filtered water to 200 ml.
- Take a drink for ½ Art. 2-3 times a day one hour before meals.
We treat chronic tonsillitis
Herbalists recommend coltsfoot for diseases such as sore throat and laryngitis. Consider a recipe for infusion, which will help in the treatment of chronic tonsillitis in children.
- freshly picked coltsfoot leaves;
- onion juice;
- dry red wine.
Preparation and use:
- We wash the leaves of medicinal herbs under running water.
- Chop the grass and squeeze the juice.
- In a glass container, mix the resulting mother-and-stepmother juice, the same amount of onion juice and red wine.
- The composition is mixed and stored in the refrigerator.
- Shake the juice mixture before use.
- Take three times a day according to the scheme: a tablespoon of the mixture, diluted with 50 ml of water.
Still, recipes for mother-and-stepmother-based infusions used to treat babies should be treated with caution. Almost always there are a number of restrictions, and the individual characteristics of the body should not be forgotten. Also requires rigor and dosing.
As with all drugs, coltsfoot also has contraindications for use:
- do not use the plant for the treatment of children under the age of two years;
- only by prescription of the doctor and under his control is it allowed to take money by children under six years old;
- it is not recommended to take a coltsfoot to pregnant and nursing mothers;
- there are certain limitations in the time of use: no more than one and a half months in a row;
- if in the patient's medical history there is liver disease or alcoholism, then this means is forbidden for him;
- In the event of an allergic reaction, the medication should be discontinued.
So we got acquainted with a brief description of the wonderful weed of coltsfoot - an effective helper in the fight against diseases, and a component harmoniously included in many of the fees described in traditional medicine. Health to you!