Clivia as a houseplant has been known for a very long time. It attracts lovers of indoor flowers not only for its beauty, but also for its unpretentiousness. The only thing that she does not tolerate is anxiety. It should be as little as possible to touch, not to move the pot, especially during flowering and the formation of flowers.
Clivia is distinguished by the fact that, subject to the rules of care, it can live up to 40 years. At the same time up to 40-50 peduncles can be formed on it. Adult old plants usually do not transplant, but only feed and fertilize.
The rooms usually contain cinnabar clavia, or orange in a different way. This herb does not have a stem. Its dark green leathery leaves of the belt-shaped form are collected in two rows into the socket and have an elegant and very attractive appearance. In length, they reach 60cm. Clivia blooms in winter and early spring. Flowers are collected in an umbrella on a long peduncle. In early spring or at the end of winter, an inflorescence usually appears on it, usually of ten to twelve flowers.
The color of flowers is varied: cream, yellow, orange and red. In one inflorescence umbrella can be up to twenty flowers. Clivia fruit is a berry. Fruits are usually quite large. Of red color. They should be removed, not yet allowing to ripen, because the formation of fruit takes much strength from Clivia. It can drain her and she will not be so beautiful.
Clivia location in the house
Clivia grows well in western windows. Suitable for growing and oriental windows. On the windows on the south side should pritenyat Klivia from direct sunlight. At the northern window, the clivia may not bloom and grow more slowly, since here it will miss the sun. In the summer it is good to take out the cleavia in the open air, but to put in partial shade.
Care of cleavage
- Lighting. Clivia prefers bright diffused light. From the scorching sun it pritenyuyut.
- Temperature.In spring and summer, the best temperature for clivia is 22 ° C -24 ° C. In autumn, the temperature is lowered to 12 ° C. In winter, temperatures should not rise above 14 ° C. During flowering, the most favorable temperature is 19 ° C. If the temperature is above that at rest, then clivia may not bloom after that.
- Air humidity for clivia is not too important. It is only important to spray her leaves during the warm season, especially in summer. But do it less often. It is better to alternate wiping the leaves with a wet sponge with a spray.
- Watering. In winter, watering is moderate. But as soon as the flower arrow appears, the plant begins to be watered abundantly and transferred to a warm place. Make sure that the water in the pan does not stagnate - with an excess of water, the roots begin to rot.
- Breeds Clivia separation of child siblings.
- Transplanted plant only in the case when the roots begin to force the plant itself out of the pot. The required soil is a mixture in a ratio of 2: 1: 1: 1: 1 of sod land, leaf soil, humus, peat and sand.
In order for the plant not to cease to please you with a flowering view, it needs a period of rest. For a young clivia, it usually lasts two months: from October to December or from November to January. For an adult, the rest period is longer. To help the plant enter this period of so-called hibernation, you should stop watering sometime in September. And do not water for two - three months. Just make sure that Clivia does not begin to fall leaves. In this case, you can pour it a little.
Pests and clivia diseases
The most common pests of clivia are scale insects. The leaves, when damaged, dry, lose their color and fall off. It usually helps to get rid of them with a solution of actellica (one or two milliliters per liter of water). Before spraying this solution, you need to clean the leaves with soapy water.
Of course, experienced growers grow not only cinnabar clavia. There are also Clivia noble and Clivia cirtifanthra. They have smaller flowers and numerous. In the inflorescence may be 30-40 flowers. But for beginners flower lovers such a task is not under force.
Therefore, it is best to buy or take cinnabar from one of your friends. It is quite common. Yes, and she does not take you to much trouble, but will delight you with her appearance for a long time, increasing your self-confidence.