Currently, mankind knows more than 25 thousand varieties of roses! This flower is called the queen of flowers no wonder: there is an incredible number of shades of beautiful, luxurious colors.
Another famous Cleopatra was an admirer of roses. She covered with rose petals the floors in the halls, where she organized receptions and celebrations. From petals preparing jam, on the tables were cut bouquets, chandeliers, paintings, streamers along the walls were decorated with roses. Rose was worshiped as a goddess, a special flower. She still remains the recognized favorite all over the world.
All roses known in nature are divided by gardeners into several groups:handicraft, garden and climbing (curly).About the last group of roses and will be discussed.
Climbing Roses: Varieties
Climbing (climbing) roses can be bush or creeping. Both those, and others have arc-shaped escapes up to 4-5 m long. Blossom very plentifully and is long.
The best varieties of this group of plants:
- Ave Maria - white medium-sized flowers, strongly terry, middle light pink, bloom very abundant, have a pleasant light fragrance;
- Glen dale - flowers from light lemon to pure white, large, terry;
- Paul Scarlet Climber - terry, bright red, fiery representative of the garden, blooms profusely;
- New Dow - the average size of the flowers, flowers terry, pale pink, smell very weak, but pleasant;
- Ruby - small representative of the group, has a ruby-red double flowers.
Planting climbing roses
- Climbing roses - quite unpretentious group. These are mainly thermophilic and light-loving plants. They are especially sensitive to the morning sun. Penumbra and shade are poorly tolerated: they are strongly drawn out in length, they bloom a little, weakly.
- For growing climbing roses, you need to choose the right soil composition and choose a place..Not the best choice for them would be marshy, loamy areas, as well as places with high groundwater content. The composition of the soil should be varied, but always well-fertilized, fertile. Neutral soils are suitable, as well as slightly acidic.
- On sloping plots, this culture grows poorly, so choose flat places.
- Place the flower beds of plants with south or southeast side Your site. By the way, here let's say a small slope to the south.
- It is imperative that the selected site be reliably protected from drafts, especially from cold winds from the north and northeast sides.
Climbing roses: care
Care rose leaves simple and includes several very basic points: proper watering, regular weeding, high-quality loosening of the soil, top dressing - 1 time in 10 days and spring (autumn) pruning.
Water plants should be abundant, but moderately, during the period of budding watering increase. During flowering, watering returns to its original position.
Light illumination for climbing roses you need quality. In open areas of sunlight they are quite enough. But Avoid shading or shading by other plants.. This is bad for this culture.
To feed climbing gardeners should be 1 time in 10 days. As fertilizers use both organic and mineral fertilizers. Moreover, it is good to alternate them.
During flowering, feed the plants with potash fertilizers. This will prolong the flowering period and enhance the brightness of the colors.
Breeding methods climbing roses: vegetative (reproduction by stem cuttings, grafting, reproduction by layering) and seed.
Climbing Climbing Roses
There are several types of trimming climbing roses: short, medium and weak. The best for them are short (strong) trim and medium, because they have a big boost.
- In the first year Climbing roses are pruned as follows: you only need to prune damaged shoots, long pruning is strictly prohibited!
- In the second year pruning carried out on the side shoots at a length of 2-4 buds. Included here is pruning old, dead and interfering extra stems.
- For the third year spend rejuvenating pruning. This is the average pruning of the shoots.
Flowering occurs only on last year's shoots. That is why it is necessary to shelter the whip well for the winter.
Shelter plants by the end of autumn. First frost roses not terrible, because they are weak and temporary, and also help them to harden. With the onset of persistent frost plants are covered with spruce branches. Layer should be about 10-15cm. From above it can be covered with a layer of roofing felt and ruberoid. It is necessary to remove shelter at the beginning of April on a cloudy day; only fir legs are left until warmer times. Remove them in one and a half to two weeks. Then boldly proceed to pruning, as described above.
To form this flower culture is difficult, almost impossible. Because of the unstable stem of roses, you need to create supports.
How many pleasant emotions and benefits gives us a curly queen of flowers! She is not a bit inferior in its beauty and charm to garden and deciduous roses! Climbing roses - this is a good solution for decorating fences, arbors on your faience, and their pleasant aroma during flowering will create an atmosphere of lightness and romance!