Tsikas revolyuta - one of the most demanding ornamental plants. It is believed that he appeared in the era of dinosaurs. Anyway, now cicus can be a decoration for any living room. Its evergreen leaves, resembling a palm tree, give the house coziness and southern flavor.
The plant is also surprisingly diverse in its capabilities. According to some reports, it has a beneficial effect on the human nervous and cardiovascular systems, is used in bouquets, and even used as food in some countries.
Tsikas - a plant for the patient. It does not grow very fast. Under room conditions, the length of its leaves does not exceed 1 m. The main problem in the care is that cicas often turn yellow leaves.
Zicas revolyuta yellow leaves
Yellow leaves of cicus can appear due to improper care, as a result of plant disease and damage by pests. The color of the leaves is affected by a lack or excess of solar lighting, low air temperature, overmoistening of the soil, and a shortage and oversupply of trace elements. The yellow leaves of newly acquired cicasis may indicate difficulties in adapting to new conditions.
Zicas leaves turn yellow: what to do?
First you need determine what is the reason for the change in the color of the leaves. Sometimes the yellow leaves of cicus can be associated with the wrong lighting. Direct sunlight burns the surface of the plant. In this case, you need to change its location. If the tsikas grows in your house for a long time, and the lower leaves periodically turn yellow, then there is no need to worry.
This is a common aging process.
Another thing is pests on cicas leaves.
The presence of spiderwebs indicates the appearance of spider mites. He sucks the sap of the plant, because of what the leaves begin to turn yellow, dry and fall off. To notice the appearance of a tick is not difficult, it is worth looking through the stems and the lower surface of the leaves. It is there that small spiders are usually inflamed.
In order to rid the cicus of Revoluta from the spider mite, you should carefully remove the web, wash the plant with green soap and start regular spraying. Humidity is deadly to the parasite. If this does not help, then you can apply chemicals - Karbofos, Fitoverm, Neoron. As a preventive measure for tick, periodically moisten the air. It is dryness in the room that promotes pest reproduction.
Ways to increase humidity:
- 5-6 single spraying cicas
- wet moss or expanded clay in the pan
The leaves also change color due to another sucking pest - scutes. How to recognize it: the leaves become sticky, spotty, small insects with brown shells appear on the underside. Pests need to be removed from the plant with a damp cloth. After which the tsikas are treated with Aktellik or Karbofos.
The yellow leaves of the plant can signal excessive dust. In this case, you need to arrange a warm shower cicaso.
Tsikas: home care
- First of all, it is worth remembering that the newly acquired tsikas require transplantation into a new soil. This should be done within a week from the moment it appears in the house. You can use drugs for the root system. On the day of transplantation, the leaves should be sprinkled with a solution of fertilizer. Root top dressing should be done in a month. In the next 1.5-2 months, the plant will adapt to new conditions. Your task is to do everything to normalize this process.
- The place is better to choose a well-lit. If it is south windows, then in summer tsicus will have to be tinted. In winter, the plant can be further dosachivyvat lamps.
- The location of the plant must be well thought out., because it does not like to be moved.
- Watering should be moderate, otherwise the tsikas will rot or start to dry. Water needs to be poured into the pan. The soil of a large pot should dry out in about 1.5 weeks, a small one in 4 days. In winter, watering should be reduced. Water for irrigation at this time of the year should be separated (12 hours) and warm.
- The best option for feeding cicasus will be organic fertilizers. He does not tolerate the mixture, which is composed of calcium and magnesium.
- Young plants are transplanted every year, old plants - once in 5 years.When transplanting a cicasum lump you need to lightly sprinkle with earth.
Tsikas - a plant requiring special care and special conditions. The state of its leaves is influenced by many factors, ranging from lighting and ending with pests. In order to properly orient in what to do when cicas leaves turn yellow, you need to carefully examine the plant, analyze your care for him and only then take any action.