Chinese Crested is an active, cheerful and elegant breed of dog. She has a strong attachment to her master, and she treats strangers with care. By standards, the breed can be both hairless and downy. These dogs do not smell and shed, so they are very popular among breeders.
Chinese Crested Dog: appearance features
The 1st country, which approved the breed of Chinese crested dog was the United Kingdom. According to the standard, the Chinese Crested is a slender, long-legged dog with an elongated head. Morda is flat and gradually tapers to its nose. Any color is allowed. The crest begins from the forehead and goes down the neck.
The eyes of the Chinese crested are dark and closely set, the squirrel is almost invisible. Ears should be located on the 1st line with the outer corner of the eye, they are large, can be with or without fringe. The neck of the dogs of this breed is long and smoothly goes down to the shoulders. The shape of the paws resemble hare, long and narrow. On the paws there is wool covering the toes. The tail of the Chinese crested is set high, the brush should be fluffy, thick and long. It should not be bent or curled. A Chinese crested dog is a small and graceful animal, reaching at the withers from 23 cm to 33 cm and weighing from 2 to 6 kg.
The coat on the body of the dog should not be much. The skin is predominantly smooth and warm, with downy hairs and underdeveloped undercoat. Color breed is allowed any. Chinese crested dogs have a wide variety of shades: from dark brown to blue. There is a marble and spotted color. The color saturation in dogs varies seasonally: in the summer they can tan, their skin becomes bronze or graphite. Any deviation from the standard is considered a fault.
Chinese Crested Dog - not a cheap pleasure price it can vary from 5 to 15 thousand rubles, depending on the mating, pedigree, litter and characteristics.
What is the nature of such a pet?
These dogs are especially popular with residents of different countries. They are distinguished by their devotion, sensitivity, and energy, which makes them wonderful pets. The Chinese Crested is very attached to its owners, loves children and gets on well with other animals. Despite their good nature, dogs of this breed are wary of strangers and can even pounce if they feel threatened by an outsider.
Chinese crested need constant contact with the person, since they endure loneliness very badly. It is noted that when they get into another environment or change owners, these dogs are especially difficult to adapt to forced conditions. Without socialization and acquaintance with other people or animals, it can become timid and shy. Often, Chinese crested do not give the owner special problems, do not bother and do not bark in vain.
From an early age these dogs need to be trained. In no case do not resort to punishment, but it is necessary to encourage your pet for success. To train a dog should be a strong-willed, persistent and strong person. Chinese Crested easily gives in to training, executes various commands and tricks.
Chinese Crested: Care and Peculiarities
Since there are 2 different types of these dogs - naked and downy, and care for them is somewhat different. It is almost not necessary to take care of bare-haired wool - periodically comb the tuft and tail, but you need to comb the downy dog regularly to avoid the appearance of tangles.
The pet's skin should be given special attention - it is very gentle, soft, but dense. Hairless dogs are recommended to bathe regularly, to be lubricated with special creams in order to avoid flaking and drying of the skin. In the warm season, before going outside, you should apply sunscreen.
Sometimes Chinese crested eels appear. They are especially noticeable on light skin. They are removed with thin tweezers, and then disinfected with alcohol or an antiseptic, and also smeared with cream and wiped with a soft cloth. Since this breed is sensitive to cold, in the cold season, be sure to wear your pet.
Special care is needed for the pet head area. The hairs in the region of the amordes are shaved off with a machine, in the same way you can remove individual hairs on the body. The hair between the eyes in puffs is cut with scissors.
Naked dogs are bathed every 2 weeks with a special shampoo. You can wash the powder puffs once a month, carefully combing the hair with a comb with wide teeth. Trim the nails of the pet regularly, carefully care for its teeth. Ears should be cleaned once a week with cotton wool soaked with hydrogen peroxide or a special lotion. Eyes should be cleaned with special means.
How to feed a pet?
Chinese crested are fed the same as other dogs. They need cereals, dairy products, eggs, meat, vegetables and fruits. Their favorite vegetables include cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes and pumpkins. Favorite fruits are bananas, apples, grapes, pears, etc. You can also enter special dry food.
There are a number of products that should not be given to Chinese crested dogs, otherwise, gastrointestinal disorders and serious food poisoning may occur. Contraindications include:
- Pork - it is too fat for this breed, therefore it causes an additional load on the liver;
- Tubular bones - due to splitting, they can injure the intestines and stomach. Gnawing bones on sharp parts can cause tooth loss;
- Sweets - their Chinese crested teeth spoil their teeth, their appetite disappears, their eyes water and their digestion is disturbed;
- Spicy, salty, fatty, fried and smoked food - it increases the load on the liver.
Listen to the opinions of breeders
- Valentina: I have 2 crested lions at home - a boy and a girl, both naked. I can't say anything bad about pets. They love to play with children very much, they don’t bark at trifles, they are easy to train and just love their owners. The only thing is that it is problematic to leave strangers even for a few days - she misses madness, they said that she even cries.
- Igor: I bought my wife a gift of Chinese crested feather. First, the wife did not like her appearance (and after all, the truth is an amateur). But when she knew her closer, she could not part. She sleeps with her, and eats, and does everything together. In general - do not spill water.
- Natalya: When I was presented by her friends, I was unhappy. I could not even imagine that there could be such terrible dogs. But over time, I got used to it and I can say that I have not yet met a loyal animal. Yes, and passersby constantly pay attention and ask to be photographed. The only negative is acne, which pops up in the summer and has to be removed. But I'm not complaining, because I love my Marusya very much.
Read the exact same:
- How to care for a pekinese?
- Care and maintenance: Chihuahua
- How to care for a pug?
- What small breed of dogs to choose?
Chinese crested dogs are loyal and affectionate creatures. They love their owners endlessly, are not picky, clean - they do not smell of dog. Having got yourself such a friend, you can be sure of his disinterested love, tenderness and friendship.