Are you tired of your interior? Do you want a change in home design? Try to create some element of the decor with your own hands. For example, the ceiling lamp or chandelier. This detail will immediately give the room newness, and some models also contribute to the creation of beautiful and unusual lighting.
If you want to create the ceiling with your own hands, remember that in this case it is better not to use ordinary incandescent bulbs. They can be replaced by the already popular modern energy-saving light bulbs. The quality of light will not suffer from this, but such lamps emit much less heat.
If you are going to use old basement elements, then check their serviceability, make sure that they do not have chips and signs of melting.
The finished chandelier should disperse the light, and in no case, do not hide it.
Do not use parts that will collect dust in the product.
Bamboo chandelier: manufacturing technology
You will need:
- Bamboo sticks of medium thickness,
- Knife (must be sharp)
- Basement construction with fastening.
How to make:
- Saw off bamboo sticks so that they are all the same length. Make them a square-shaped construction. To do this, tie in the corners of each stick. Such blanks you should have about 30-40 pieces.
- Bind the squares together with gauze and white glue. To do this, glue each of the bamboo squares to the gauze strips. Their distance from each other should be such that symmetry can be traced. The length of the gauze strips depends on the estimated size of the chandelier.
- You can decorate the chandelier with the help of glass beads attached to hot glue. The beads will scatter the light, reflecting it. At the beginning of the ceiling attach the cross from bamboo. To fix the resulting ceiling can be using a metal cable or wire.
- Before trying a product in action, wait until everything dries out well.
How to make the ceiling of the thread?
In order to make the ceiling of the threads with their own hands,
You will need:
- PVA glue,
How to make:
- First inflate the balloon. Inflate it until you reach the desired size of the ceiling. Secure the ball with a string to prevent air from escaping. Now take a needle, thread a thread into it and pierce a jar of glue. Stretch the thread so that it passes through the jar. This will allow you to soak the threads with the right amount of glue. Now you can remove the needle.
- Bead begin to wind soaked with threads in random order, to get a beautiful weave. Need to slightly compress the surface of the ball. The transparency of your ceiling will depend on the number of layers of wound threads. The more transparent the ceiling, the less layers you should have. Secure the thread at the base of the ball. Let the product dry. To tighten the thread tightly, take a sponge, blot it with glue and slightly blot it with tight weave. Now leave the threads to dry again.
- When the product dries, carefully untie the ball and let the air out of it, then remove the ball from the canopy frame. Sprinkle the resulting frame of the threads with hairspray and leave to dry again.
- To decorate the ceiling you can paint it in the color you want or decorate with various decorative elements. This filament cover must be attached to the base of the lamp. Your decorative lamp is ready.
Ways to create a ceiling for chandeliers
Looks very impressive bead cover. Make it easy. You only need a rigid frame-hoop, to which you want to attach the beads strung on a fishing line. Beads can be the same or different. Threads from fishing line and beads can hang freely or fasten between 2 hoops.
Handmade fabric chandelier, will also look unusual and beautiful. For its manufacture need a rigid frame. It can be made from metal hoops or from thick wire.
Your next step will be cutting out a fabric shade. This should be done in such a way that the width of the cut corresponds to the diameter of the frame, and the length can be any. Bend the upper edge of the fabric and iron it with an iron, then sew it so that there is room for the frame. Then you can make a side seam.
If you have too light matter, the chandelier can lose shape. To prevent this from happening, weights down a bit. To do this, you can sew the fabric with a line or make cardboard rims on the reverse side.
You can decorate the fabric chandelier with various folds and ruffles, fringe, braid and sequins.
There are many ideas to create a ceiling for a chandelier with your own hands. Such products are unique, created with the soul and fit perfectly into any interior. For crafts, you do not need to have complex skills, anyone can handle this task.