Today one of the most popular and sought-after floor coverings is carpet. Among the main and visible advantages of a diverse design, durability, reasonable cost and ease of maintenance. However, it is necessary to take into account the fact that with increased attention it is necessary to monitor the soft flooring, even if you regularly do the cleaning and walk around the house in slippers or barefoot.
How to clean the carpet: the main ways
One of the best ways to clean carpet dust is to do regular wet cleaning. If you have not had to deal with the problem of contamination of this type of flooring before, the first thought that comes to mind is to wash it. You can do this in the event that there is a special washing vacuum cleaner that will help greatly facilitate the work.
In the shops of household chemicals you can buy special detergents designed to care for soft flooring. It will be enough for you to simply prepare the solution, strictly following the manufacturer’s instructions, and then turn on the appropriate cleaning mode. Then you can proceed directly to the cleansing of carpeting.
In the event that you use a simple vacuum cleaner, then purchase a special shampoo for cleaning textiles and carpets that is compatible with them. The selected detergent is applied directly to the surface of the carpet (in some cases it is diluted in water) and rubbed with a brush to ensure better absorption. It is necessary to ensure that the entire surface is soaked well, after which the carpet is left for some time until it dries completely. At the end of the cleaning you need to vacuum the carpet with a vacuum cleaner.
Today, in the hardware stores there is a fairly wide range of special cleaning products that make it possible to preserve the freshness of carpet for a long time.
If, for some reason, wet cleaning does not suit you, then you can use a dry one. A large range of products is on sale, including foams and powders. It must be remembered that during cleaning you can use only one tool. Before you begin, you should carefully read the instructions and strictly adhere to it.
Most often, the powders should be applied to the entire carpet surface, after which they are left for some time (should be indicated in the instructions for each specific tool), and then removed with a broom or vacuum cleaner. In a similar way should be used for cleaning and foam. However, there are certain types of cleaning foam that must be applied to the carpet with a brush.
In the event that during the cleaning, you are using a chemical agent for the first time, then you must first carry out the test and apply it on a small area of rolina. The fact is that even special compositions can badly spoil not only the color, but also the texture of the carpet.
With the exception of household chemicals, you can also use time-tested, effective folk methods, the most common of which is vinegar. In this case, you will need to take vinegar and dissolve it in clean cold water, mix well and treat the contaminated surface. After this cleaning, you will notice that the color of the carpet has become more vivid.
Periodically, small spots appear on the surface of the coating, which should be removed immediately. In this case, you can use emergency stain removers and special wipes. Certain types of pollution are quite easily cleaned with simple ammonia.
To keep the carpet always clean, you need to have a small set of such cleaning products and special brushes in the house. Every few months it is necessary to carry out deep cleaning of the carpet. Do not forget that as pollution is periodically necessary to vacuum the carpet surface.
We clean the light carpet at home
When choosing a method of cleaning light-colored carpet, it is necessary to consider the nature of pollution. So, for stains of various origins, you can use one of the following methods:
- If a blood stain remains, a special alkaline solution should be applied, which is applied directly to the place of contamination and left for some time (approximately 15 minutes). After the specified time, the stain will need to be thoroughly rinsed with clean water (cold). You can also use a solution of alkali 10%, after which the place of pollution is treated with vinegar 10% and washed with clean water (warm).
- Remove the oil paint from the carpet is very difficult, but it is possible, if you make a little effort. The fact is that often used universal solvent can damage the texture and color of the carpet. Not only the most effective, but also the safest method of cleaning is a solution of alcohol and turpentine (these substances are taken in equal proportions).
- To remove stains from oil paint, you can use another safe method - use hydrogen peroxide or a mixture of ammonia and pure water.
- If chewing gum is stuck to the carpet, do not worry, as it is removed quite easily and quickly - you need to take a piece of ice and intensively rub the stain until it freezes. Then the cud is very easy to stick out.
- There is an established opinion that the coffee stain cannot be removed, but it can be easily removed with the help of simple but effective folk methods. You can remove the stain from coffee, fruit and wine with a solution of alcohol and vinegar (in the ratio 2: 1);
- If, by negligence, you put a spot of fat on the carpet, you can remove it with the simplest dishwashing detergent. There is also another option - cleansing with baking soda. In this case, you will need to take a soda and just rub it into the stain (must be absorbed inside the pile). After that, we wet the surface of the carpet with clean water and wipe with a damp cloth.
- The ink stain is easily removed with a special cleaning solution from table vinegar 50%. First, the stain will need to be thoroughly rinsed with clean water, then with a sponge moistened in acetic solution, to wipe the place of pollution.
Quite often, stains from coffee, tea, wax, milk, chocolate, chewing gum appear on the surface of the carpet and this is not the whole list of the main "enemies" of the floor covering. But with the right and timely approach, it is quite possible to eliminate even the most difficult spots. To do this, you can use one of the following cleaning methods:
It is important to remember that all contaminants from acidic mixtures must be removed immediately. In this case, it will be necessary to moisten the stain with clean cold soda water, after which a solution of water and liquid ammonia (in a ratio of 10: 1) is applied. At the end, the stain is washed with clean water and dried well.
If a stain of alcoholic beverages was made, moisten the stain with clean water, then apply any mild detergent and some vinegar. In the end, the stain must be vacuumed and left to dry.
To remove the wax stain, you need to take a piece of ice and freeze the pollution, then carefully remove it with a knife. The same method of cleaning is applied when the gum stain.
It is rather difficult to remove from the surface of the carpet the stain left after ketchup, glue, mayonnaise, milk or chocolate. In this case, you will first need to treat the place of contamination with any dish detergent, then wipe it with a small amount of ammonia, wash it with a cleaning agent and at the end with clean cold water.
Regardless of what kind of spot was put on the carpet, you need to start cleaning as soon as possible. Remember, the sooner you do this, the easier it will be to eliminate the pollution. If none of the above methods of cleaning the carpet did not help you, you can ask for help from a special company that performs dry cleaning at home.