Among the fans of beadwork there is an opinion that craftsmen making butterflies will never be puzzled by the question of how to decorate clothes or interior in an original and cute way. Moreover, even for beginners, these beads are made of beads, the schemes of which seem, at first glance, very complex. Is it so? Consider some of them.
Where to fly butterflies from beads?
Fluttering beauties, made of small beads, look as if they were alive: it seems that it is about to spin, dissolve in the air. These miniature works of art can be decorated with:
- clothes (the butterfly brooch on a thin scarf will look elegantly);
- interior (such crafts fit perfectly into the decoration of curtains, curtains and furniture);
- bags (especially light summer models);
- gifts (the packaging looks very original, if a beautiful mahaon sits on the bow).
There are several schemes describing how to weave a bead butterfly. Let's stop on the most popular.
Butterfly Bead Pattern for Beginners
If you are new to weaving from small beads and do not know how to make a bead from a bead, the parallel weaving scheme will help you to master all the subtleties of unique needlework.
- small beads (№ 11) orange, brown and yellow flowers;
- thin wire;
- small nippers.
- Weaving usually begins with wings. Measure 85 cm of wire and string 1 brown bead on it. So it turns out 1 row of wings.
- For 2 rows, we put 2 beads on one edge of the wire and pull the second one through them - this is the basis of the parallel technique.
- Next, knit 7 rows with an increase of 2 beads, make the outer beads brown, and in the middle - yellow.
- From the 9th row we begin to reduce each row by 2 beads.
- In the 12th row we begin to shape the openwork shape of the wing. We string 3 orange beads, 1 brown, 8 yellow and 1 orange.
- Then 2 orange beads, 8 yellow and 1 orange.
- For the outer edge we string 6 orange, 2 yellow and 1 orange.
- Next come 3 rows of 1 brown bead at the edges and 3 orange.
- Finish the reduction in brown. The wing is ready.
- Repeat steps 1-9 for 2 wings.
- For the wing flaps you need to make a total of 12 rows. 1 row - brown bead.
- 4 brown sides, 2 yellow in the middle.
- 6 orange and yellow beads.
- We make 3 rows of additions in the side rows of 1 bead. The edges are orange, the center is yellow.
- We begin to reduce the number of beads, adhering to the color scheme.
- We complete 1 bead brown.
- Repeat steps 11-16 for another flywheel.
- For the trunk, we string 1 brown bead on the wire.
- We make two rows of 2 beads.
- Then again 1 bead.
- Repeat steps 18-20.
- Leave the long ends of the wire and twist the antennae.
- We collect the details. In the 5th row of the body, we miss one of the small wings. Hiding the rest of the wire in the torso rows.
- We also tie the second little wing.
- Large wings fastened in the 7th row of the body, the ends are hidden inside the body. The product is ready.
Butterfly bead patterns on wire with parallel weaving are good because you can combine beads of different colors in them, without fear of missing something, and break the technique. Also, this method is performed and the scheme of weaving butterfly eggs from beads.
Master mosaic weaving
There is also a mosaic technique of weaving insects. Especially often it is used to create a butterfly-swallowtail bead. The execution scheme of this beauty requires increased attention.
- multi-colored beads;
- nylon thread;
- fine needle;
- We thread 3 beads on a thread and make a ringlet, tying a knot.
- Put on 3 beads again and tie the knot again, pulling the needle into the next bead.
- We make in this way 15 rows.
- In the 16th row we put on 4 beads. We knit up to 22 rows.
- In the 23rd row we put on 6 beads, we make 8 rows.
- With 32 rows we reduce beads, do not put on new ones.
- In 35-36 rows 4 beads are left.
- In the 39th row we complete the weaving, having passed a couple of times in a circle.
- Pull the thread through 4 rows from the top and make the antennae.
- From the 7th row we draw the needle and begin to weave the wing. To do this, string the beads and output them through the last but one bead of the 6th row.
- Again, we make an increase of 1 bead, draw the needle from the 7th row.
- We expand the weaving to 30 beads, make a decrease, reducing the amount by 1 bead.
- To make the wings relief, when there will be 25 beads, divide the knitting into 2 parts - 8 and 13 beads.
- We weave on the same principle until there is 1 bead left.
- Repeat steps 10-14 for the second wing.
- We fasten the thread, hide it inside the weave and cut it off. Decoration is ready.
The mosaic pattern of bead weaving for beginners may seem complicated, but the main thing is to choose a fine needle.
Separately, it must be said about embroidery with beads of butterflies. Such crafts can be a great decoration for home textiles or ethnic costumes. Pictures of butterfly patterns from beads for embroidery can be taken ready-made, or you can make it yourself by calculating the number of beads for the intended dimensions of an insect. However, in any case, it is necessary, first of all, to acquire a special outline on which it is easy to count the number of beads. Consider the process of creating a schema.
- sheet of graph paper;
- colour pencils;
- threads (№ 50);
- thin needle;
- On paper we draw the contours of the insect.
- We paint each element with a small square (these are future beads), alternating the desired colors.
- In the canvas we start the thread, leaving the long end of the wrong side free.
- We begin to sew beads on the canvas, starting from the lowest element and moving upwards. The ends of the threads are tied together and neatly cut.
- When the thing is ready, we hide the threads under the embroidery.
After 2-3 beads are made of beads, schemes in any technique will seem simple. You only need to choose the appropriate beads, correctly calculate the number of increments-reductions - and a wonderful hack will decorate your piggy bank of designer products. And the use of elegant beaded butterflies will always be found.