Bromeliads are an extensive group of plants that are divided into terrestrial species and epiphytes. Modern designers love them very much and recommend them in every modern room.
Appearance of bromeliad
Bromeliads bloom at home with unusually bright flowers gathered in a rosette or funnel.
The variety of bromeliads is so great that it is difficult to bring them into a single appearance.
- Vriesia - has bright red wax inflorescences inside a rosette of bent leaves. Decorative leaves with red stripes or a marbled dark green pattern.
- Guzmania - has tubular rosettes of glossy leaves, bright stalks, bracts of various colors: orange, red, pink, yellow and white. Extremely colorful, vibrant bromeliad species.
- Tillandsia - extraordinary group of bromeliads-epiphytes.
- Ehmeya - beautiful ornamental plant, quite common among flower growers. Here not only inflorescences are valuable, but also bright bracts and long-lasting berries.
- Cryptanthus - ornamental plant of the bromeliad family. It has long, wide leaves of reddish color. They are collected in the outlet.
- Wild - This is an unusual type of bromeliad. Very similar to aloe. Caring for wild as easy as cacti.
Bromeliad house location
Choose a room for bromeliads with high humidity. Bromeliad for home care prefers to take moisture from the air and other nutrients.
On the windowsill put it in the summer. You can make a balcony. But avoid strong drafts. Eastern, western and southern windows will fit from the windows. But on the south windows bromeliad will need to be pristened from the too scorching sun.
- Lighting - bright, but away from direct sunlight.
- Temperature for bromeliad should not be below 12 ° C in the winter. For flowering temperature is necessary from 25 ° C.
- Air humidity high. Requires frequent spraying of the leaves. Sometimes replace the water for spraying liquid dressing.
- Watering moderate for bromeliad. Drainage should be good. Do not water the bromeliad hard tap water (as well as spray the same water). Better to take rainwater.
- It is necessary to water a plant only in process of full drying of the soil. Bromeliad does not tolerate overmoistening of the soil. During the flowering period, watering increases.
- Breeds Bromeliad shoots located at the base of the pot.
- Transplanted very rarely. Sometimes do not transplant.
Bromeliads are a group of bright, colorful plants. They have decorative not only inflorescences, but also leaves collected in a rosette, and in some species even berries.
Having started bromeliad in your home, you will feel a special comfort. Besides, special difficulties in the care of home bromeliya you will not deliver.