Crossander can grow at your home in the form of a bush or tree. It all depends on how you want to see him. To give the desired shape cross-over during the growth pinch. The more pinch, the plant branching.
Types of Crossandra
At home, cultivated several types of crossbands. Consider the most popular ones.
- Cross-funnel,orcorrugated. In height reaches half a meter. Leaves are dark green, glossy, narrowly ovate or lanceolate. In length they grow up to 12 cm., Wavy. Inflorescence is axillary, in the form of an ear, up to 10 cm long. The flowers are pinkish orange.
- Crossander prickly. This is a short growing blooming herb. Leaves lanceolate, tapering downwards. In the lower part of the leaves are pterygoid, in silvery veins. Inflorescence up to 8 cm long. The flowers are orange.
Appearance of crossbands
Crossander is a fast growing plant. She has upright, branched stems of green or brownish-purple color, naked. The leaves are bright green, shiny, collected in four, oval-shaped, slightly wavy along the edge, pubescent with sparse hairs.
Blossoms from spring to autumn. May bloom a very young plant. The flowers are orange, from coral to red, yellow and even turquoise. They are collected in spike inflorescences.
Location of cross-country house
The windows of the western and eastern sides of your house are best suited. You can put it in any room. But since the cross-country is grown mainly because of the flowers, it is better to put it in the living room, bedroom or nursery.
Caring for Crossandra
With proper care, cross-over blooms from early spring to late autumn. You just need to know some features of care for her. In general, the plant is quite durable and unpretentious.
Crossander is a tropical plant. Therefore, the conditions of its maintenance should be as close as possible to tropical. The plant is afraid of drafts. With a sharp drop in temperature, a cross-country can generally shed its leaves.
- Lighting. Crossander prefers bright light, but in the summer it should be protected from exposure to direct sunlight.
- Temperature moderate, in winter not lower than 15 ° С.
- Air humidity high. Requires frequent spraying of the leaves.
- Watering moderate in winter, abundant the rest of the time.
- Breeds summer stem cuttings.
- Transplanted spring as needed.
To give a cross-shape a certain shape (a tree or a bush) it is necessary to resort to cutting. Haircut is best in the spring. Prune dried shoots and leaves, give the plant the desired shape. The cuttings remaining after the cutting can not be discarded, but used as cuttings for reproduction. They take root quite easily. You can use phytohormones for rooting. But you can easily do without them. Thus, you will combine two useful things at once if you cut your darling in the spring: shearing and reproduction.
Pests and diseases of the cross
When complying with the basic rules of care (read the article Basic rules for the care of plants) and the peculiarities of care for cross-country, no pests threaten the plant. However, the cross spider mite and whitefly can sometimes cross the cross-country. For information on how to get rid of these insects, read the article Pelargonium - fragrant geranium. It is important to detect pests in time to save the plant.
The cross-tips may dry the tips of the leaves. This happens because of too dry air in the room.
Your plant will bloom longer if you help cross-plant during flowering. She needs to remove faded flowers. It is also important to note that this tropical specimen does not feel comfortable alone. He feels good when he is surrounded by other plants. Therefore, do not deprive the cross-community communication with the green brothers!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Margot