Previously, the boomerang was a military weapon in ancient Egypt, India, Africa, Europe, Indonesia. It was also intended for hunting. Nowadays, boomerang is a great way to relax and hone throwing skills. Its appearance is interesting. After all, what a little thing like this amazing thing.
Boomerang is made of wood, paper, plastic, metal in the form of a parabola or cross. The upper part is convex, the bottom is only flat. Some models of the boomerang are somewhat similar in shape to the shuriken.
How to make a boomerang with your own hands?
It is not necessary to buy expensive boomerangs in stores, make them yourself. It is not difficult. To make a boomerang from a wooden base, purchase a blank of weighty wood. It can be linden, oak, birch and poplar. Such products are easy to do with the right eye. At the same time they require financial investments, and the assembly takes more time. The boomerang flight is influenced not only by the aerodynamic features, but also by the wing profile, the shape of the product. No component should roll due to overweighing. If an error occurred, use a light clip or a lead rivet on the heeling boomerang shoulder.
You will need:
- Small weight
- Saw the base for the crescent boomerang (8 mm thick in the center) using the jigsaw.
- Sandpaper or sand the edges. They must be 6 mm. Stripping is only one of the parties.
- Cut two equal parts and put them on top of each other in the form of a cross, observing the laws of balance. Use small weights to check roll.
- Secure the correct center with a screwdriver or glue.
Boomerang is considered a traumatic and dangerous weapon. If you want to use it, warn others, and best of all, in order to avoid problems with the police and unpredictable consequences, choose a deserted place. Suitable forest or meadow areas.
Let's turn an ordinary piece of paper into a masterpiece! We offer to perform boomerang origami.
You will need:
- Prepare a sheet of office paper "Snow Maiden" A4 or album thick sheet. Cut half by dividing vertically.
- Fold the paper in 2 times in a vertical line, having drawn a fold line with a fingernail.
- Expand the sheet to the other side.
- The edges of the docking should not touch the center line somewhere 2-4 mm.
- Fold the sheet in half horizontally. The seams will be inside, the fold line is at the top. Fold the upper corners of the paper into a triangle.
- Bend the corners inwards. You should have diamond-shaped folds.
- Turn a diamond into a triangle by pressing your finger on the inside of the paper. Fold the triangle in half.
- Bend the bottom of the boomerang wing until the lines cross correctly.
- Open the triangle that came out of us, pull out the right side from the bottom, covering the left side.
- Form 2 angles for a solid boomerang edge. Fold in triangular shapes, smoothing your fingers. Expand and fold inward.
- Paint as desired in bright colors.
This hack is quite applicable at home. It flies well with the filing and returns to the owner.
Natural wood boomerang
Boomerangs, made in the form of a cruciform, gained more popularity. The lightest in execution consists of 2 metal arithmetic lines. It is fastened with thick twine or wire. Such a design is more suitable for use than parabolic boomerangs. The cross is served by the classical method, from behind, by a strong projectile motion.
You will need:
- Dry wood
- Pick a piece of suitable wood (curved log in the form of a knee). The basis is a dry branch in diameter of 10 cm. You can optionally make several boomerangs at once.
- If the wood saw cut is wet, dry it. Remove the bark with a knife and smear the barrel with wax. The tree does not dry so quickly, otherwise the trunk will crack. For reliable drying the maximum time is a year. Do not expose the tree to direct sunlight or radiator.
- After drying logs, cut all the side parts, for a better plane. Use a plane or a circular saw. On the plane, handling is very dangerous, be careful observing safety regulations.
- Cut sides from sides. After that you should clamp the knee with a vice, saw it with a hand saw. Mark the prepared parts, strict rules for the design does not exist. Grind extra parts with a machine.
- Next, draw the profile of the wings of the product. Irregularities paint over the marker. Grind painted on the machine. With a large piece of emery paper, polish the edges of the boomerang to achieve accuracy. This is followed by processing fine sandpaper. Varnish the product with a beautiful look.
You can make a boomerang with your own hands from plywood, wood and even paper. When handling it you need to have some dexterity. It is necessary to learn how to throw it and catch it. For the first time, wear gloves, catching the product using the clapping method. Use horizontal hand movement.