Sleeping baby to the moment when the child becomes a student changes 2-3 times. Buying constantly new bed is not always possible, if the family budget does not allow. You should not get upset: this piece of furniture is easy to build with your own hands, and in several versions.
DIY baby bed: drawings and tips
- The starting stage, preceding any actions, is the drawing up of drawings, according to which the details of a berth will be cut and folded. In addition, it is worthwhile to sketch out a rough sketch of the finished product you want to receive. Here, of course, it is important to compare the desires and possibilities, so that at any moment it would not turn out that the help of a professional is required.
- Design solutions are not always possible to realize, but everyone can make a comfortable and practical bed for a child. At this step, the presence or absence of the need for side walls, a specific version of the lattice holding the mattress, the type of legs will be determined - this will be a rocking bed, a gurney or ordinary standing furniture.
- Most of these factors are caused by the age and needs of the baby: babies need a closed bed with high sides, as well as arched legs, so that you can wiggle the baby while he falls asleep. An attractive fact is that supporting a mat is not a tree, but a thin plywood sheet: the weight of the baby is very small. The height of the sides is measured so that their upper edge touches the child’s chest when it is on its feet.
- A child aged 2 years and older can make a bed with removable sides, especially if he sleeps peacefully. Depending on the build of the child, the material for the substrate is selected, but more often than not, a sleeping place is already constructed for growth, therefore they immediately resort to using wooden slats. And for older children - 6-7 years old or older - you can also make an attic bed.
- Dr. The moment in drawing up a sketch and drawing a children's bed is the presence or absence of drawers that contain bedding. This nuance is optional, but very important for small apartments. It is much easier and wiser to use the free space under the bed, rather than to fit anywhere in an additional chest of drawers or wardrobe. In the same conditions shortage sq.m. for large families, you may need a bunk bed, where the levels are connected by a simple step-ladder, bolted to the piece of furniture.
- A baby bed may look more interesting than a rectangular box with legs. If you have free time, imagination and tools, you can turn it into a car body without a top, which will just become a mattress, or even a fabulous house - this version will suit the smallest, because it has protection from all sides in the form of bumpers.
Master class to help novice needlework
The loft bed is the most attractive model for children aged 5-6 years, as well as a small children's area. It is easy to place a cabinet under the bed, in which not only bedding, but also other things and toys are removed. And most importantly, the child has a certain zone of its own, which is important from the point of view of its psychological comfort. A similar bed is made no more difficult than any other, except it takes a little longer.
From tools and materials you will need furniture boards, thick bars, a drill, screws and simple metal corners, mechanisms for doors, screwdrivers, sandpaper. After drawing up the drawing with all the necessary dimensions, each wooden part is processed with sandpaper so that the corners are smoothed out. Since it is not uncommon for large areas to pass through paper for a long time, it is recommended to use an angle grinder. Clamp legs are attached to the backs of the future bed with bolts; The mattress underlay is most often made solid, not lattice - under it there will be a low locker for clothes and children's toys.
In the joints of wooden parts, it is desirable to process them with glue before starting to screw the bolts: this will serve as an additional fixation. And in the process of installing and fixing elements of the bed should be checked by the level of the line: any deviations from the vertical and horizontal will lead to the destruction of the structure. It is better to connect all large parts not only with screws, but also with metal corners: this is especially important for horizontal bars, which will determine the level of the grid-mat and the mattress - they will have the maximum weight.
At the next stage, it is necessary to sheathe the product with boards, giving it durability: taking into account the height of the legs and the distance between the bed and the floor, such a requirement is very important. At the same time, it is worth keeping in mind the need to create upper rims: they are made either at the time of assembly of the frame, laying their height in the total length of the legs, or by attaching horizontal wooden bars. After that, the final step is the assembly and mounting of the step-ladder, as well as the filling of the empty area under the bed.
Making a folding bed for children
The transforming bed is also ideal for a small-sized apartment, but it is already focused on a child aged 4-5 years, since it does not have sides. In addition to the main box, it is required to construct a frame that is fastened to the wall, into which, when raised, a bed will be put. In addition, a mechanism is needed that will activate the system of raising and lowering: it is selected, guided by the type of the future berth. The one that is designed for a single bed, a double bed will not hold. Therefore, decide which one is planned, should be before buying all the details.
Since the bed will often change its position, it is desirable to maximize its weight. It is not wood that will be used, but chipboard: this will make it possible to save a lot. But the frame into which the bed enters when lifting is better to be made from boards 2.5 cm thick or a little more. She has only 3 parts: the back wall, the creation of which can be abandoned, the thrust shelf and the plinth. When folding them into a single rectangle, it is desirable to calculate the parameters taking into account the thickness of the mattress and the backs of the future bed.
In assembling and fixing the box to the wall, self-tapping screws and metal corners are required. It is worth noting that another 15-20 cm of depth is often added, which take away the shelves placed in the upper part of the box: this way, not only the bed, but also the closet will be in the unfolded form.
After this, it is necessary to tackle the bed frame, insert the mattress into it and fix it with special straps. The box and the frame will be connected by a lifting mechanism. And the final step will be the decoration of the facade raised to the children's bed. There are a lot of options here, the simple finishing of photographic paper or wood coating with paint followed by painting, echoing the idea of the interior, is considered the best. In addition, you can put a mirror canvas on the facade, but it is important to be careful with it: frequent lifting and lowering the frame can cause a split of the mirror.
Master child nursery bunk
A bunk bed is created by analogy with an attic bed. The main difference of their drawings is that for a bunk construction, the legs, which are also walls, must be narrow in order to transmit light to the lower level. In addition, it is necessary to immediately make 2 frames under the mattress, and also to increase the height of the product in accordance with the height of the child. You may need to increase the width of the bed to give more freedom for the lower tier.
The frame of the 1st floor of such a bed is best made metal, which is ideal for a profile that can be easily replaced with a corner. As well as woody timber. The second floor should be made of laminated chipboard, because it should have less weight. However, the details that hold the mattress, yet should be made of wood at all levels: they have a large load.
The staircase is often also made of wood, the details are selected in a thickness of 2.5-3 cm, which are just as diligently as the others, polished and lose sharp edges. Attaching a staircase is important so that it does not interfere with the occupant of the lower tier. For this reason, it is most often located on the narrow side of the bed. And at the last moment there are bumpers, if they were not laid in the drawing and the height of the parts initially. The final step is the coating of wooden elements with varnish or paint.
It is not more difficult to make a children's bed with your own hands than to assemble a finished structure from a furniture store. But its difference is that financial costs are much lower, and it is possible to make an individual product according to the desired design and size. It is only important to correctly calculate the dimensions and quantity of the material, then pick up the necessary tools and get to work.