A thin, fragile liana, barely stretching for 3-4 meters in length, dotted with snow white flowers - this is asarin. For vertical gardening of summer cottages and apartments it is difficult to find something more interesting. Even when the plant is devoid of flowers, it attracts with leaves, hearts and abundant greenery, elegantly wrapped around any rather narrow support. But not every gardener is aware of the cultivation of climbing azarins.
A mixture of varnishing azarins: photo and description of varieties
In this attractive creeper, which by its nature is a perennial, all varieties can be sorted by color range. The classic lazarus azarina has elongated flowers-bells of creamy-yellow color, hardly reaching 3 cm in diameter. The leaves are small, muted-green, pubescent surface. In addition to the cream shades, the lazarine petals of the lazarine can be colored in blue, magenta or crimson tones.
- The variety "SkyBlue" speaks for itself - its flowers are slightly larger than those of other varieties, have a celestial blue color, while the lower petals are lighter and turn into an almost white core;
- The reddragon azarin flowers are very elongated, look like horns, plum-red at the edge, brighten and turn pink in the middle. Some subspecies of this variety are of pure red, velvet color.
- But the variety "Stainmix" can be called a true merry-go-round of shades - here you can find blue, purple, crimson, and even blue and white flowers. The mixture of the stains of the asarins of the "Stainmix" that allows you to harmoniously diversify the garden, and you can never say for sure which shade will prevail in the overall range.
Features of growing the flower seed
The process of growing climbing azarins from seeds is very long, so the preparation begins in winter, in early January. In this case, it will be possible to catch the bloom already in July, and if you are late with the time of sowing, you will have to wait for the next year: for their growth and development rates, some gardeners call this vine lazy for their eyes. Before moving the flower to the open ground (if it is planned) or distributing it to large flowerpots and evicting to an open loggia, at least 10 weeks should pass from the date of sowing, and this period may be due to a number of reasons. In particular, the issue of seed germination deserves attention: they begin to germinate only after 21-25 days, but there are also frequent delays.
Gardeners with experience recommend not to be intimidated, if even after 27-30 days shoots do not appear in the containers: this does not mean the death of the seeds. You can try the impact of a kind of "shock therapy: move the cups in the refrigerator for a month, then remove and send back to heat. If the seeds were in a dormant state, such a move will contribute to their awakening. However, it is worth noting that this is the only time when azarina is favorable perceive the cold.
The plant does not like picking and other transplants, so experts advise immediately to sow azarina singly, for 1 capacity - 1-2 seeds. Moreover, it is best not to use plastic cups, but peat ones, or to form containers made of foil or cardboard. This method will allow after the development of the root system to remove the seedling from the ground from the container without damaging the roots. And peat pots can not even be removed - they will decompose in the soil and contribute to additional nutrition. Some gardeners resort to other tricks: they plant seeds in pieces of peat moss: besides the fact that it kills the need for further transplantation (it is enough just to put moss in the ground), it accelerates the growth of asarins, and shoots appear and gain strength faster.
The substrate is made up of a traditional universal mixture of garden soil with sand and peat, a small amount of pebbles at the bottom of the pots is allowed to prevent moisture retention. Seeds stacked on the surface and very poorly sprinkled with earth: too dense overlapping layer will not allow them to break through it. Leave the capacity to wait for germination in a warm, shaded place, devoid of drafts. The most optimal temperature for climbing azarins climbing - 19-20 degrees, and transfer it into open ground at the end of May, when any threat of frost disappears from the horizon.
Azarina Lazyaschaya: landing and care
- Like other tropical plants, in the middle zone, azarine, which is climbing, is grown as a one- or two-year-old plant, although the latter option is more suitable for southern regions with mild winters: even at a temperature of 3-4 degrees, the roots freeze slightly, and lower temperatures lead to death plants. Therefore, if you want the flower to survive the winter, it is better to move it to a room where the air will be constantly heated to 10-11 degrees, or to grow it initially in the apartment, having landed in a spacious decorative pot. Often, for this reason, asarin is used to get not for the dacha plots, but for decoration of balconies and loggias, if they are glazed.
- Before moving the plant from home heat to the open ground, gardeners recommend hardening the procedure: take the pots of seedlings to the balcony every day, open the windows (if it is glazed), and gradually increase the “walk” time for the azarin. The minimum period is 1 hour, and it is brought to 6-8 hours. After that, you can plant a vine on the summer cottage, if the weather permits.
- In the garden, asarin is well acclimatized in areas devoid of drafts (especially the north wind), so you should put it near the southern wall of any building: from the house to the gazebo. It is good if it will be a slope or a lowland, which will allow for additional protection from blowing. At the same time, protection should not interfere with the penetration of the sun's rays to the liana: in this matter the scorching sun is better than frequent shading, due to which azarin can lose much in the intensity of flowering. In addition, the plant must support: due to the characteristics of the bush itself, a very thin (1.5–2 cm diameter) vertical height of 45–50 cm, which necessarily has a crossbar. You can replace it with a simple metal gauze, but in any case, Azarin will have to be tied, since she will not catch herself on the support herself.
- The soil near the bush looses several times a week, especially if the ground is loamy and is constantly knocked off in lumps. Gardeners recommend adding river sand to such a substrate to get a more airy ground. At the same time, it is not worthwhile to zealous with the watering of asarins - it is enough to moisturize the soil every 3-4 days, and only on dry hot days this schedule can be made more frequent. This liana does not like high humidity: it doesn’t even need to spray leaves and stems like other tropical plants. Top dressing is carried out in 2 directions: during the flowering of azarine, the phosphate-potash fertilizers are needed, which are introduced into the soil 2 times a month, and at the time of active growth (from sowing to transplanting) - nitrogenous.
- If the vine is grown in an apartment, caring for it throughout the calendar year does not change: it is an established irrigation schedule, the same simple fertilizer schedule, as well as rare pinching and pruning, which will increase the flowering intensity and will not let the bush grow. In addition, no transplants: the pot, selected immediately after azarina blows the seedling's age, will stay with her forever. If you grow asarina climbing in the open field, in the fall it will have to dig up and bring into the house or constantly heated greenhouse, make the irrigation schedule more rare and stop feeding the flower.
As you could see from the above, lazarez azarina in the care is quite unpretentious, however, there may be many problems when sowing and growing seedlings. In addition, gardeners focus newbies on the fact that this liana is very fond of aphids, so the bushes growing in the open field must be treated with onion or coniferous tincture or insecticides.