The name of ampelous plants comes from the Latin word ampulla - a small bottle, a flask. Typically, these plants wind up and they are sent up on a special stand or grid, or the shoots of plants creep or fall down, then the vessel is suspended above the ground. There are ampelous plants that can grow in both ways. These indoor flowers can twist any surface in the path of their growth - a branch of a neighboring plant, grow through the curtain and its shoots will always rush to sunlight.
In addition to the ampelous houseplants, greenhouse plants and plants of open ground are also distinguished. Ampiel plants are easily distinguished from ordinary plants by their location, most often they are placed on walls, stands or tables. The main purpose of the ampelous plants is the decoration of the premises and empty space. Such plants can be divided into several groups - non-flowering and flowering, shade-tolerant and light-loving.
How to place ample indoor plants?
- Many ampelous plants such as chlorophytum, nephrolepis, philodendron climbing, ivy, etc., will look great in special pots. The pots can be woven from cord, rope, or wicker. Not less beautifully ampelnye houseplants will look on neat stands and shelves, you can also use the serving tables for this. All these devices take up little space in the room and, if necessary, you can easily change their location.
- In the summer period, it is good to put amulean plants on the balcony or loggias, to decorate with them the entrance doors in country and private houses. Just moving the pot with an ampelous plant, do not forget that it needs a certain level of lighting. Some of the ampelous plants poorly tolerate the shade, for example, saberjack, asparagus, columney, hoya, akalife, eschinantus - light-loving plants, but ivy, ferns, chllorophytum, philodendron can be attributed to the shade-tolerant amber plants.
- Ampoule indoor plants can provide many ideas for decorating a room, so if you take a three-tier wrought iron jardiniere and place it in a corner or a convenient place in the room, then you can create a real flower garden at home, and in a round elegant jardiniere you can put ampelous plants with long shoots. Small alder tables are also a great place to arrange such flowers.
- Some interior designers advise placing light-loving ampelous plants on a beech long stand, and next to it you can place flowering shade-tolerant ampelous plants on a stand in the form of a ladder.
- Ampiel plants look good on wall shelves, where flowers can be alternated with shelves for books, dishes, which will liven up the situation perfectly. On the one hand, a flower shelf can be decorated with a grill especially for climbing plants.
Tips for caring for ample houseplants
- If you want to grow ampelous plants in hanging pots, then you should pay attention to how pots will be attached to the walls or ceiling. The mount must withstand not only the plant itself, but also its weight after watering. Ceiling hooks can be chosen as fasteners, which should be attached with secure chains to flower pots.
- For the convenience of watering, use a watering can with an elongated spout. It is better to water the ampelous plants regularly, but moderately, so you will avoid the possible rotting of the roots.
- If the pot for a plant is located in a decorative pot, then after each watering, save the plant from excess water, as the plant may suffer from excess moisture.
- Ampiel plants need constant spraying at any time of the year due to the fact that the air on top is more dry than on the windowsill or on the floor.
- In order for the plant to grow evenly and the leaves develop at the same density, periodically turn it towards the light.
- Place your flowerpots with ampelous plants multilevel and try to avoid hanging the flowers at the same level, since after the growth of plants, the effect of space narrowing can occur. Each flower should be considered separately, not overshadow and not interrupted neighbors.
- Growing ampelnye pot plants, you may encounter some difficulties, for example when choosing a pot. Some pots with a reinforced tray do not look very aesthetically pleasing and can not solve all the problems with watering. You can try to use for growing such plants special pots without holes, in which moisture will evaporate through the walls. Opportunities for the outflow of water in mounted pots or not, or they are extremely small, so pay attention to the drainage strip. Lay a layer of small gravel on the bottom of an ampel pot.
Flowering ampelous plants
Ampel indoor plants are beautiful in their own right, but if they are flowering, they are doubly beautiful. Of these flowers can be distinguished begonia, which has oval leaves and large drooping flowers.
Tunbergia is an extraordinarily beautiful plant that blooms with large flowers of a bluish or lilac shade, for which it is called a heavenly color. It is located in a bright place, protecting it from bright sunlight, can be grown on the balcony.
Ahimenez - a herbaceous plant that grows sprawling shoots. This plant blooms from June to September in pink, white, purple, violet flowers. Ahimenez with dangling shoots are used as ampelous plants.
Hypocirta is an ampelous plant with small leaves on long shoots with unusual red flowers.
Ampute indoor plants require a little more time than other flowers, but if you give them proper attention, they will definitely thank you with exotic flowers, and guests will admire your mini-garden!