Aloe - a popular home plant, which can be found in every third apartment. The plant has beneficial properties and is part of many cosmetic and therapeutic agents.
It is believed that people who grow this plant in their home will live long, because the plant can cure many diseases. From it you can make at home medical ointments and cosmetics. To aloe benefit, you need to take good care of him.
Aloe: plant history
Aloe is differently called agave, he is a "relative" of the Succulents family of the family Lilein. Agave leaves are large and fleshy with sharp cilia that frame the leaf. It is grown as a decorative leafy plant, but at home aloe does not bloom. A flowering plant can be found only in natural conditions.
Homeland agave - Africa, its mountain tropics and arid areas. The plant is widespread in Madagascar, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and South Africa. The plant has more than 400 species.
Most popular aloe varieties, which are grown at home:
- Tree, which can reach a height of 3 meters;
The period of flowering plants in natural conditions - from March to September. Top dressing is made from April to September. It is recommended to replant in the springtime, and reproduction can be done at any time of the year (preferably in the spring).
Aloe: replanting and reproduction
Agave is an unpretentious plant that suffers heat and drought. Him reproduction is carried out by shoots, which move away from the stem. The processes are placed in water until the roots appear. After the processes rooted in the ground.
Aloe is recommended to transplant annually in a large clay pot. Buy soil for transplanting at a flower shop. Best suited land with a weak acid reaction. Fertilize the soil once a month. You can use liquid fertilizer in the form of a solution.
Aloe: the right care at home
- Water the plant is necessary ingrowth period (In spring and summer). Watering occurs once a week. When the plant does not grow, it is enough to water aloe once in two months. Water for irrigation should be separated and room temperature.
- Aloe leaves are recommended to wipe wet cloth.
- Plant is a mustFresh air, Therefore, in the heat and just warm days, despite the fact that aloe tolerates such weather conditions quite well, it is better to move it to a cooler place. During this time it will get stronger. In summertime, the comfortable temperature is 22-26 degrees, and in winter 10 degrees is enough. Centaine loves the sun, so try to make it closer to the sun.
- Mind becauseabundant watering in winter leaves may fade and wither, the stem and roots may rot. After that, the plant is difficult to bring to a healthy state. If, after all, it is sick, and you feel sorry for throwing out aloe, conduct an audit of the root system. To begin with - dig a plant, inspect the roots. If there are softened, remove them. After transplanting the flower in a new pot with a new land. Thus, you will save your flower from death.
- If you improperly care for aloe,dry rot. This is a fleeting disease that destroys the plant from the inside. In this case, to save him will not succeed. To prevent dry rot, spray the flower with a fungicide.
Aloe Vera and Pest Care
Agave can be "attacked" by shields and guards. To remove them, remove pests with aloe with a damp cloth and spray the plant with insecticide.
The main thing is to notice in time the pests that usually appear on the leaves from the back side. If a red spider appears on aloe, spray the plant with an insecticide.
Aloe: useful tips
Aloe is a useful plant that can be used to treat many diseases. If you haverunny nose, Prepare the following medicine: Take aloe leaves and refrigerate them for 3 hours. After, squeeze the juice and mix it with honey. The prepared drops are instilled into each nostril, 3 drops per day. Keep them in the refrigerator.
Aloe juice gives the skin a matte shade, which perfectly helps to cope with the greasy shine on the face. Also plant juice has antibacterial and antifungal properties, contains many vitamins such as E, C and B12.
Aloe vera goes well at home. Care for him is easy, but how much good it brings! If you are still not growing aloe in your apartment, be sure to have it. It will perfectly fit into the interior of any apartment.