Vaginal discharge is a common process and happens in every woman. Moreover, the amount, consistency and even color of secretions can vary considerably and depend on many factors: such as menstruation, ovulation, hormonal intake, pregnancy and breastfeeding. However, if something is alarming you in your own secretions, then this is a reason to sound the alarm.
Very often, the discharge signals an onset of malfunctions in the body or even a serious illness. In order not to bring the situation to a critical point, it is necessary to understand what is considered the norm in secretions and what is not. For example, sometimes vaginal discharge becomes yellowish. Why is this happening and what does it have to do with it?
Is yellow discharge the norm?
Natural secretions from women can be transparent, whitish, light yellow or even dark yellow. That is, all this is considered to be within the normal range. But in this case, the selection will be homogeneous consistency or small lumps, but in any case not liquid and not lumps. They can increase or decrease depending on the stage of the menstrual cycle, which is extremely individual for any woman. If during discharge you are not bothered by the itching of the genital external organs, they themselves do not smell or smell a slight sour smell, then there is no reason for concern. Everything is within the normal range.
A yellowish discharge may appear at the end of the menstrual cycle. If you are confused by this fact, then you can try douching. So the rest of the menstruation will be removed, and the discharge will become more transparent color.
Sometimes menstruation may begin gradually and be characterized by dark and yellowish secretions, and not blood. If this happened before, then, most likely, these are just features of your menstrual cycle.
Yellow highlight alarm?
However, yellow secretions can signal the presence of a genital infectious disease. As a rule, they are accompanied by itching, inflammation and burning.
- Most often, yellow discharge occurs when a disease such as trichomoniasis. When such a disease is characterized by frothy discharge of a yellow-green hue and severe irritation in the genital area. At the same time, the nature of the discharge is associated with what infection is accompanied by trichomoniasis, since it often occurs against the background of gonorrhea, chlamydia, or other viral diseases of the genital organs.
- Gonorrhea can be recognized by purulent discharge from the vagina, which are accompanied by an unpleasant smell and a greenish tinge. Also characteristic feature are sharp pains when urinating.
- It should be understood that there are always some bacteria in the vagina. They form the normal microflora and acidity, which protects the body from diseases. But when it is disturbed, many unpleasant symptoms can occur, including yellow vaginal discharge. This happens, for example, when bacterial vaginitis. With such an illness, the woman feels discomfort during intercourse, burning and discomfort.
- Alsocervical erosion often accompanied by yellow secretions. This is due to the fact that in the overwhelming majority of cases, during erosive processes, inflammation occurs, which is caused by bacteria. With erosion after sexual intercourse, there is often bloody discharge.
- Changes in the nature of secretions, including their yellowness may be associated with inflammation of the fallopian tubes- salpingitis.
- Also very dangerous ovarian inflammation, which is usually accompanied by yellow secretions. This disease is called adnexitis. In no case should the disease be triggered, since in the severe stages of inflammation they can cause infertility or require surgical intervention.
Yellow discharge from women: what to do?
If you do not experience discomfort, discharge is not accompanied by any symptoms, then most likely there is nothing to worry about. But in any case, it is necessary to check the vaginal microflora, having passed a smear and tests for genital infections. Even if you do not find anything, you will know for sure that everything is in order. Then you just need to follow certain rules:
- wear underwear only from natural materials
- use high-quality special means for intimate hygiene,
- keep external genitals clean,
- to respect sexual culture in intimate relationships.
If yellow secretions are accompanied by pain, itching, burning, have an unpleasant smell, you have unpleasant sensations when urinating, you should immediately consult a doctor. Do not need to self-medicate or use folk remedies, trust the experts.
The environment of the vagina is a complex holistic system, which is very easily broken by the wrong treatment. As a result, you will have to spend even more time, money and energy on the restoration of microflora. It is not always possible to do this quickly. Some take several years to recover from a disease.
If you ignore the recommendations of doctors and go for advice "to the grandmother", then you can earn even a chronic disease that can be cured, but it will periodically occur again and again. Therefore, to maintain the right environment in the vagina and a quick recovery, it is necessary to use modern preparations, they now have high efficiency with the most careful attitude to the microflora.
Be attentive to your health, and if something alarming you, look for the reason for this. Very often our health gives us alarming signals with small, barely noticeable bells, the main thing is not to neglect them and start treatment in time.