The key culprit for the pain in the legs, which has different features, is the strain on the lower limbs. A person moves, walks, therefore, most of the day legs are in tension, which leads to pain in some situations, there is discomfort, there is cramp. Pain is also expressed in different ways, some complain that it pulls the leg from the buttock to the foot, others say it pulls the leg from the hip to the knee from behind. Let's see what causes these symptoms, and how to deal with them.
Why it happens?
In the case when the leg stretches from the buttocks to the knee, one cannot immediately make a diagnosis of a disease that was precisely located in this part. In this area, pain may occur, which is caused by signals that are:
- in the uppermost layer of the skin or under the skin;
- ligaments and tendons;
- blood vessels;
- muscle fascial complexes;
- spinal nerve endings.
The cause of unpleasant sensations and pain are unnatural conditions of the body and diseases that can be combined into categories.
- Injuries to bone structures. There may be a fracture of the femoral neck or the thigh itself, regardless of a complete or incomplete fracture, with bruises a hematoma occurs, which causes pulling pain.
- Injury of muscles, tendons and ligaments. Gaps, stretching, soft tissue injuries develop into pain.
- Inflammation in soft tissue caused by infectious microorganisms or non-infectious origin, which are characterized by the inflammatory process.
- Inflammation and other types of bone tissue. Pain can occur with bone tuberculosis, osteoporosis and osteomyelitis.
- Neoplasm. When they occur in (malignant or benign) soft tissue and bone in part of the thigh. The most frequent pathologies include: antifibrosarcoma, myosarcoma, leukemia, metastases in the femur, osteosarcoma.
- Diseases of the joints, both hip and knee, as well as disorders that occur in them. Fractures or fractures of the joint, arthrosis and arthritis, which narrow the arterial lumen and lead to pain.
- Disturbances of the central nervous system. Feeling of discomfort in the legs with pathologies in articular cartilage, neuritis, intervertebral defects, spinal tumors, spinal bruises.
- Other reasons. They may not have a connection with diseases. In the most likely cases, the symptom of pain in the lower extremities appears due to weakness of the muscles, sensitivity to the weather, due to pregnancy, old injuries and bruises, overwork.
If there is pain of a pulling character, then, most likely, additional symptoms are observed:
- leaking limbs;
- reddish spots appear on the skin;
- increased body temperature;
- there are strong bumps exactly in the place where the pain is felt.
All this may indicate an intensive course of a disease. Therefore, only after feeling a regular pain in the legs, it is necessary to consult a specialist, describing its accompanying symptoms, for making an exact diagnosis. After diagnosing and identifying the cause of pain, the doctor will prescribe the desired appointment. Remember that treatment at home by yourself is not the way out, you can aggravate the situation!