Belching air is observed even in absolutely healthy people, and, if it is not of a regular nature, should not cause concern. Sometimes the cause is increased pressure inside the stomach, as well as pregnancy, provoking some restructuring of internal organs. A provocation of carbonated drinks, the rapid absorption of food without chewing, and smoking can provoke a similar situation. But what to do if pain is added to the belching?
Why does air burp?
To establish the exact causes, several points should be identified: when exactly does the problem occur, how often does this occur and is it accompanied by additional symptoms?
- Attention to your health should be paid when chest pain is added to an eructation on an empty stomach, closer to the solar plexus point, and the process itself becomes regular. This is the first bell of inflammation of the gastric mucosa, which subsequently becomes overgrown with frequent nausea, and increased pain.
Much more difficult is the situation when a person feels a constant need to burp, aggravated by physical activity, after eating, or even regardless of external factors. The main precipitating factors are the digestive tract and the nervous system.
- Frequent stress and neurosis, not always severe, but persistent, inherent in people with high susceptibility, can lead to the fact that from any strong emotion they unwittingly swallow a large amount of air, which must then be removed. Painful process is rarely accompanied, but possible pressure in the chest area caused by nerve spasm.
- The nervous system can be directly associated with the digestive tract, if we are talking about the functioning of the cardia - the stomach area adjacent to the esophagus. In the process of absorbing food, it contracts and relaxes in an even rhythm, but if the nervous system fails, spasms are possible, which cause pain and belching. In addition, there may be an inability to swallow, as well as pressure in the larynx.
- Gastroesophageal reflux - a common cause of pain in the chest and belching air, regardless of meals. Sometimes this is due to the disruption of the sphincter, which is a kind of valve that does not allow a large amount of air to enter the stomach; a reaction to ingestion of acidic foods is also possible if the acidity of the gastric juice is already high.
- Not to mention a hernia in the diaphragm, which causes belching with air during motor activity (especially with bending forward), a feeling of a coma appearing in the throat at the time of absorption of food, a burning sensation in the area of the solar plexus. The pain syndrome in this case is mild, the pain has a dull, aching character, more like pressure.
- If at the time of belching air is worried about the pain in the right hypochondrium, it is likely that there are problems with the digestive tract. In this case, possible violations of the liver, which is under pressure, which leads to painful sensations on the right under the ribs; or exerted a large load on the gallbladder. This is characteristic of people who are prone to overeating, abuse of heavy foods (fatty, fried), as well as people with dyskinesia, cholecystitis, etc.
Thus, the main reason for the appearance of an eructation of air, accompanied by pain in the chest or ribs, is tied to problems of the digestive tract and biliary tract, which can be both congenital pathology and an acquired disease. What to do with it?
Can I get rid of the problem myself?
If the symptoms are of a regular nature and are clearly tied to certain actions (physical activity, food intake, etc.), a gastroenterologist needs to appear and undergo an ultrasound examination of the abdominal organs. Treatment is prescribed by the doctor based on the diagnosis, but you can take some steps yourself to improve your well-being.
- Follow the diet. After eating (after 15-20 minutes) it is necessary to use salt on the tip of the knife, adjusting the sphincter work, and from the menu to exclude pickled and smoked products, as well as what contributes to irritation of the stomach walls and the development of its secretory juice.
- Eat slowly, divide the food into small pieces and chew well. This will not only facilitate the work of the stomach, but also prevent excessive swallowing air into the esophagus.
- After eating, do not take a horizontal position, and also try to protect yourself from physical exertion for 1.5-2 hours. The time interval depends on how well you ate: in some cases it stretches to 4 hours, and for plant food can be reduced to 60 min.
In conclusion, it is worth noting that without an accurate diagnosis, it is impossible to talk about the actual causes and methods of treatment, since, as you can see, the majority of symptoms of various gastrointestinal disorders are similar. If belching began to bother too often, do not tighten with an appeal to a doctor.