A trip to the dentist requires considerable courage. But it often happens that after some time you have to go to the doctor again, because the patient feels that he has a tooth under the crown. And horror overwhelms him: what to do? After all, it has already gone through so many unpleasant feelings, to spend a lump sum - and what, everything again? Let's figure it out together!
No one is insured
Toothache is completely unpredictable. Even a few years after the crown was installed, the tooth under it may begin to make itself felt. A characteristic feature of these sensations is that they appear only at the moment of pressing on the hearth (that is, in the process of chewing) and constitute sharp bursts. However, it also happens that the tooth aches under the crown and soon after the "fresh" prosthetics. What to do in this case?
First, a little theory. Before installing the crown, be sure to:
- friable pulp with a nerve is removed;
- root canals are filled with filling material.
Within 1-3 days the body gets used to the new state, and therefore there may be discomfort. They pass after the micropores are self-centered - filled with a substance similar to tartar, and the mucous surface of the gums adapts to the crown. But if after a month or more, the tooth under the crown always hurts when pressed, you should contact your dentist, who will explain what to do in this particular case.
Tooth or / and gum?
All the sensations in the oral cavity are so concentrated that it is very difficult to figure out what exactly hurts. Here and pain in the tooth is often confused with the inflammatory process in the gums (although such usually occurs as a reaction to what is happening in the tooth). At its root, nature has only one hole - at the top. And if the doctor incorrectly directed the instrument, it could damage the walls of the tooth - pus begins to accumulate in them. In addition, if the infection developed latently, decay products could be collected both in the gum itself and on the inside of the cheek.
What to do?
Considering the question of why the tooth under the crown is badly sore, we found that if the pulp and nerve were removed, then everything depends on the quality of root canal filling. With the unsuccessful filling of their cavity in the lumen of the infection begins to develop. In this case, be sure to contact a dentist. It is better, of course, to the one who set the crown, since not only the dentist himself is responsible for this work, but also the orthopedicist who collaborated with him. Independently, pain can be removed only partially, with the help of folk remedies.
(Non) standard measures
No one wants to go to the dentist immediately after the appearance of discomfort. And if you are also not one of those who immediately rushes to the dentist, then it makes sense to try the tools proven over the years.
- Rinse. At 1 tbsp. boiling water take 1 tbsp. l sage or 1.5 tbsp. l oregano Infusions soothe the pain, relieve inflammation of the gums. An alternative recipe is soda rinses. At 1 tbsp. warm water take 1 tsp. soda This recipe helps to significantly reduce the number of viable germs, and thus reduce inflammation.
- Fat. A slice of lard is applied to the gum near the inflamed tooth.
- Plantain. The root of this herb should be put in the ear opposite to the disturbing tooth.
- Honey and dross. With a rusty nail mixed with honey, wipe the inflamed gums. However, if there is damage in the oral cavity, then this way to defeat the pain will not work.
It is no coincidence that we called these drugs simple: they are always available in pharmacies. In order to relieve inflammation, you can use:
- anti-inflammatory nonsteroids (except for anesthesia, they relieve inflammation).
- gadgets with hydrogen peroxide. On a cotton pad drip 3% peroxide solution, apply to the gums, wait 2 minutes, rinsing the mouth with warm water.
- rinses. For example, 5 ml of 10% novocaine, 5 g of salt and raw egg white.
To prevent the inflammatory process in such an awkward place, you need to behave properly. In the context of problems with teeth, we are talking primarily about the purity of the mouth.
- Teeth brush hard twice a day - after breakfast and after dinner.
- We clean the remnants of food from the space between the teeth whenever we send something into the mouth, using floss-floss or at least a toothpick.
Under the ban are:
- sunflower seeds, pumpkins;
- fruit pits.
It is necessary to appear to the dentist 2 times a year even in the absence of complaints. Therefore, by and large, the answer to the question of what to do if a molar tooth under the crown hurts can be stated as follows: make an appointment with a doctor as soon as possible! In the meantime, rinse it with a solution of soda, infusions of herbs and thoroughly clean the mouth after eating.