A healthy heart and strong, properly functioning vessels are important to have at any age. Persons with violations in this area have to take care of themselves in every way, undergo a course of therapy. Among the drugs prescribed for the normalization of the work of the heart and blood vessels, Asparkam, Panangin and Cardiomagnyl are particularly prominent. What is more effective?
Asparkam: general characteristics of the drug
In fact, it is simply a tandem of potassium and magnesium ions in 1 tablet in equal shares - 175 μg each. It belongs to the group of mineral-containing drugs and can be appointed not only for treatment, but also for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. In particular, in athletes who need an increased dose of potassium and magnesium. It affects the metabolic processes and reduces the severity of arrhythmias. The drug is sold in packs of 50 tablets, the cost of packaging is in the range of 50-80 rubles.
- Indications for use of Asparkam may be hypokalemia, coronary artery disease, arrhythmia of any etiology, heart failure, increased intracranial pressure, intoxication due to the intake of cardiac glycosides.
- Contraindicated with elevated levels of potassium in the body, as well as renal failure. It is used with caution in persons with impaired liver function. There is no age limit, it can be used in the treatment of a pregnant woman and a nursing mother, but under the supervision of a doctor.
- Adverse reactions to tablets are recorded only on the part of the gastrointestinal tract: nausea, pain and heartburn in the epigastric region. Mainly characteristic of persons with gastritis and cholecystitis, with a decrease in dosage of the drug should disappear. If this does not happen, Asparks are prescribed in the form of injections or alternative means are selected.
- The daily dosage for an adult is 3-6 tablets, divided into 3 meals. In order to reduce the effects on the mucous membrane of the digestive tract, they should be taken after meals. The course of treatment does not exceed 28 days, after which they take a break for 2-3 months and, if necessary, repeat the therapy.
- With an increase in intracranial pressure, Aspark is combined with Diacarb. This treatment regimen is possible even in small children (from 4 months), but you need to consult a doctor.
- In the form of injections or through a dropper, the drug is diluted in 0.9% sodium chloride or 0.5% glucose solution. The ratio of Asparkam and dilution liquids is 1:10 with a dropper and 1: 2 for injections. Adults are given daily up to 20 ml, exposing a speed of 25 drops / min., The rate of intravenous injection is 5 ml / min. Such therapy is carried out no longer than 10 days.
Doctors say that the simultaneous use of Asparkam with diuretics that retain potassium in the body is not recommended because of the likelihood of hyperkalemia. Also, the drug makes the effect of taking cardiac glycosides less pronounced.
Panangin As an analogue of Asparkam?
The reason why these drugs undergo frequent comparison is the identical active substance for both potassium and magnesium asparaginate, which performs an antiarrhythmic function and is a set of two essential trace elements for the heart. 140 mg of magnesium and 158 mg of potassium account for 1 tablet of Panangin, which is lower than Asparkam. This fact makes it possible to increase the daily dose of the drug, but the general recommendation remains the same as for Asparkam, so the smaller number of necessary elements is supplied to the body.
- Despite the reduced concentration of potassium and magnesium, Panangin has a more extensive list of adverse reactions: in addition to a negative response from the gastrointestinal tract, itching, AV blockade, and an excess of potassium and / or magnesium, expressed as parastesia, dehydration, nausea and vomiting, and falling blood pressure, seizures.
- Indications for use Panangina: chronic pathologies of the cardiovascular system, arrhythmia of any etiology, therapy with the use of cardiac glycosides, deficiency of potassium and / or magnesium.
- Panangin is not recommended for use in women during the first weeks of pregnancy and during lactation; it is prohibited in Addison's disease, blood pressure drops below 90 units, myasthenia and hemolysis, dehydration, renal and hepatic insufficiency.
- If you take astringent and enveloping agents, scatter them with Panangin for at least 3 hours, otherwise the assimilation of the latter will not be complete.
- The daily dosage of Panangin for adults is 3-6 tablets, divided into 3 times. An increase to 9 tablets is possible. Admission is carried out after a meal, the duration of the course and its repetition are determined by the doctor on an individual basis.
The release format of the drug is the tablet and the solution that must be diluted for intravenous injection. In terms of chemical composition, Panangin is an analogue of Asparkam with a reduced dosage of potassium and magnesium. However, if you become familiar with the number of side effects, there are still differences between them. What is better, Panangin or Asparkam, depends on your perception of the components of the medicine and their relationship to each other.
Cardiomagnyl: indications and recommendations of specialists
It is not entirely correct to compare this medicine with the previous ones, since its chemical composition coincides with the composition of Panangin or Asparkam only according to one item: the presence among the main components of magnesium hydroxide. One tablet may account for 15.2 or 30.39 mg of this substance, depending on the dosage of the manufacturer. The minimum figure is approximately equal to the amount of magnesium in Panangin. An additional active ingredient is Cardiomagnyl - acetylsalicylic acid, known to most as Aspirin. Dosage - 75/150 mg, respectively.
- The list of indications for Cardiomagnyl is as follows: previous myocardial infarction and vascular thrombosis, angina pectoris, vascular surgery. It can also be used in the prevention of thrombosis, thromboembolism, acute heart failure caused by diabetes mellitus, hypertension, nicotine abuse, old age.
- Contraindications to the use of Cardio Magnetic are early and late pregnancy, breastfeeding, erosions and bleeding of the gastrointestinal tract, cerebral hemorrhage, bleeding tendency, asthma, renal failure. It is also prohibited to children under 18 years old.
- Side effects can occur from any internal system. The most common manifestations are bronchial spasms, angioedema, nausea and heartburn, vomiting, headaches, sleep disturbances, pruritus.
- Daily dosage depends on the purpose of therapy. Adults do not prescribe more than 1 tablet in the maximum concentration. On the first day, it is possible to take 1 tablet at the maximum concentration, even if the therapy involves 75 mg of acetylsalicylic acid. Take with plenty of water.
The main task of the drug is not to fill the deficit of trace elements, but to thin the blood, eliminate the inflammatory process, relieve pain. Magnesium plays the role of a protective sheath, which does not allow acetylsalicylic acid to destroy the mucous membrane of the digestive tract. Magnesium has no effect on its bioavailability.
To find out what is better - Panangin or Cardiomagnyl, or to compare the latter with Asparkam, according to the doctors, it makes no sense. They pursue different goals and are absolutely not interchangeable. If we study the reviews on Panangin, Asparkam and Cardiomagnyl as a whole, we can see that the ratings of the drugs are approximately at the same level.
Anna: Asparkam saw to restore the body after stress, which led to impaired blood circulation. Ordinary inexpensive tablets that work well according to the instructions. The next time, when it was necessary to solve the same problem, I bought Panangin — a pharmacy pharmacist suggested how to replace Asparkam. He went better because of the presence of a shell around the pill: it reduces the degree of irritation of the stomach walls. Otherwise, they were absolutely identical, I do not need to overpay for Panangin. However, I advise people with gastritis and other gastrointestinal problems to take it.
Irina: The doctor prescribed Cardiomagnyl for the treatment of varicose veins and the prevention of blood clots. The course of treatment lasted 30 days. During this period, my pressure was kept within the normal range, although usually I jumped up several times a month. Among the main drawbacks, I note the effect on the stomach — my sleeping chronic gastritis caused me, even though I took pills after eating. I will repeat the course if the doctor prescribes it, but I will not recommend the drug for self-administration. A lot of side and high price.
Vera: At the insistence of the doctor began to drink Cardiomagnyl in the last trimester of pregnancy, to reduce the likelihood of progression of varicose veins. In the second week of taking the fears (arising from reading the instructions) were justified - the drug strengthened the tone of the uterus and caused premature birth. I refused to take it again, the doctor replaced me with Magnicor. For 4 weeks of treatment, adverse reactions did not reveal.
It should be emphasized once again: the diversity of reviews confirms the opinion of experts that the individual reaction of the body plays an important role in determining the effectiveness and safety of the product. Do not engage in self-selection of drugs and do not buy analogues of discharged by the doctor means without prior consultation.