Nootropic tools for the modern person living in the age of information technologies have become a necessity, since their task is to improve the functional activity of the brain, strengthen memory, develop thinking, increase concentration. All this leads to more successful learning and assimilation of information, which is important not only for students, but also for older people. Among these drugs, Nootropil is the most famous, but it is not the only representative of this category.
Nootropil: indications for use and general description of the drug
It should immediately be said that nootropil and piracetam are full analogues by chemical composition, and the difference in name is due only to their origin: by "Piracetam" is understood the domestic drug, by "Nootropil" - imported.
- Main act - psychotropic, but not giving sedative or psychostimulant effect. During the reception of this nootropic, there is an improvement in microcirculation in the vessels of the brain, a decrease in the severity of vestibular eye irritation, and an acceleration in the transmission of nerve impulses. Vasodilator action is not, as a result, Nootropil does not affect blood pressure.
- The indications for use of Nootropil are functional insufficiency of the brain, improvement of its activity with normal indicators, hypoxia, and cerebral circulation disorders. It is necessary as an additional treatment after a stroke, toxic coma, with Alzheimer's disease, head injuries with impaired recognition. Recommended as a prophylactic drug after 65 years, as well as with increased mental loads and to recover from the action of electroconvulsive therapy.
- The drug is absolutely biologically available, the maximum concentration in the blood is reached in an hour from the moment of administration, excreted by the kidneys within 30 hours. act Nootropila is an cumulative, the drug is concentrated in the brain tissues, the real effect is noted after 3-4 weeks from the start of treatment. The total duration of the course is set by the doctor.
Piracetam: instructions for use
It makes no sense to repeat what Piracetam is prescribed for - it is absolutely similar in its indications and pharmacokinetics to Nootropil, therefore everything written above has the same attitude to it as Nootropil. As for the general instructions for use, the dosage of the drug deserves attention here.
- The use of Piracetam depends on its orientation, but the total daily dose per 1 kg of pure mass ranges from 30 to 130 mg.
- As a supportive agent that improves brain activity and learning, children under 12 years old are given no more than 3-3.3 mg in a single dose, twice a day, before meals with a liquid. The course is allowed to conduct throughout the school year. For adults (students), the dose is increased to 30 mg.
- For recovery after a stroke, toxic coma, head injuries and other serious conditions, Piracetam can be used intravenously, but preferably taken orally.
- Piracetam, as and Nootropil, not toxic, therefore, side effects from overdose are not fixed. However, experts do not exclude individual intolerance to the body and hypersensitivity, requiring dose adjustment or the search for analogues.
- Piracetam not in conflict with medical drugs, however, there was a case of increased nervous excitability during administration with triiodothyronine. In addition, Piracetam should be used with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
Piracetam: drug reviews
Margarita: It was very scary to start drinking nootropics - each medication prescribed by a psychotherapist seems to be a kind of “hook” from which you can’t jump. But life made it, and before the session, 3 weeks before it began, I still took the course. Concentration has improved already on the 5th day, it became easier to perceive information by the end of the week, but I can not fail to mention a very unpleasant side effect - internal tremor, as if it will not be possible to relax after a hard day. The examinations were worth it, of course, but all 3 weeks I was under some strain, and I was extremely happy to get rid of 2 days after the end of taking Piracetam.
Helena: Piracetam is systematically drank in the winter, when the body exhausts all resources, and I am overwhelmed with depression with apathy: I don’t want to do anything, the brain seems to barely turn in my head. I drink 1-2 capsules a day, for 10-14 days - I immediately revive, the state is as if a battery was inserted. However, there is no rollback after stopping the reception.
Love: Piracetam was prescribed by a doctor to my father - he is 73 years old, diagnosed with "dymentia". After 3 years of admission with insignificant interruptions during the examination, a regression was stopped: there is no hope for more. But even in this case, the drug is our salvation.
It should be said that comments occasionally surfaced that the use of Nootropil or Piracetam led to an increase in weight, but this scientific relationship was not proven, because the drug is not hormonal and does not affect body weight, acting on the brain alone.-
The price of Piracetam is 70 rubles for 60 tablets or 40 rubles for 10 ampoules. Nootropil will cost much more - 270 rubles for 30 tablets, 350 rubles for 12 ampoules, or 340 rubles for 125 ml of suspension.
Analogs of Piracetam
In addition to the main analogue of the domestic remedy - Nootropil, Pirocetam has substitutes for a weaker or stronger effect, mostly different from it in chemical composition.
It acts on the basis of the active substance of the same name - fenotropil, comes in tablet form, is a neuromodulator and nootropic, is used for astheno-neurotic syndrome, has an antiamnesic effect, affects the inhibition of the nervous system, improves the transmission of information between the hemispheres of the brain and blood supply. Effective in extreme conditions with a single dose. Overdose can cause a panic attack and tremor of the limbs.
The active substance is glycine, the release form is tablets. In terms of its effect, softer Piracetam, is also a nootropic and psychostimulant, regulates metabolic processes in the body and brain, improves sleep and performance, relieves psycho-emotional stress. It is also able to reduce the side effects of antipsychotics and antidepressants, non-toxic, can be used in children 1 / 2-1 tablet sublingually, up to 3 times a day.
In addition, there are the following analogs of Piracetam:
Nootropil or Piracetam - which is better? The basis is the same, so there is no point in choosing between absolutely identical preparations if the main criterion is not the price: imported Nootropil is much more expensive than domestic Piracetam. And if the effectiveness of them is not enough for you, you can resort to analogues - for example, Fenotropil, as a stronger option. But before starting the course, visit a specialist.