Wild edible herbs are a natural and valuable source of nutrients. Many plants have healing properties and are used in cosmetology and medicine. It is also a piquant, unusual taste.
Plants need to be collected away from the city, in an ecologically clean place.
If you ate only greens from the garden, then after reading this article you will have an idea of which field plants you can eat, how to prepare and store them.
Why wild herbs healthier store salads?
It is no secret that wild plants are much more useful - the fact is that they are more adapted to receive everything necessary for growth from nature. They have by nature longer roots. Not spoiled by regular watering, fertilizer soil and artificial lighting. On the contrary, domestic plants, as a result of many years of breeding and cultivation, have lost the ability to produce and preserve many valuable substances.
The absence of nitrates in wild plants, their ability to heal itself, transmitted with juice, is what makes herbs an attractive addition to food for us.
What wild herbs can you eat
You can eat not only greens, but also flowers of plants. Here is an incomplete list of edible greens:
- Highlander bird (knotweed, goose, grass-ant);
- Goose foot. It is eaten whole;
- Starfish (woodlouse);
- Ivan tea - sweet rhizomes;
- Bulrush - young shoots peeled, they are sweet and juicy;
- Clover - young leaves are very gentle and good in salads;
- Nettle - everyone has heard about the benefits of nettle, young shoots are very useful;
- Cuff - edible leaves and young shoots;
- Medunitsa - blue-lilac leaves - an excellent honey plant. In England it is bred in the garden, using peeled stalks and radical leaves as food;
- Dandelion - leaves are soaked in water and added to green cocktails or salads;
- Shepherd's purse (handbag or buckwheat). The leaves are eaten: only young, not affected by the fungus, absolutely healthy;
- Plantain - young leaves can be widely consumed. In combination with sorrel taste becomes more pleasant;
- Pyrei - raw eat roots;
- Slyt - you can eat young leaves. In Russia, there are 5 types of slyti, this grass has a wide range of beneficial effects;
Edible flowers: nasturtium, red clover, marigolds (marigolds), chrysanthemums.
Leaves of berries: leaves of strawberry, strawberry, currant.
Plant plants: carrots, kohlrabi cabbage, beets, radishes.
How to cook dishes from wild herbs
- Collect wild plants just outside the city, away from the roads.
- It is advisable to eat greens on the same day. You can keep it fresh if you wrap a plastic bag in a wet cloth and put it in the fridge.
- All wilted greens can be given a fresh look, if soaked in water before use.
- In the salad greens well sprinkled with any sour juice, it improves the absorption of nutrients.
- Wild herbs are more delicious in salads with the addition of sour cream or yogurt.
- Green salads do not salt. It spoils their appearance, taste and destroys healthy substances.
- Bitter leaves before adding to salads pour cold water with a small amount of salt, 30 minutes.
- Greens are better to scald with boiling water, so it is better absorbed and tastes better.
See also:Spicy herbs: growing in the country and at home
Many plant names may seem unfamiliar, but these are practically all known "weeds" that can be found in a garden and a vegetable garden, in central Russia. Therefore, it is necessary to collect herbs very carefully and carefully so as not to confuse them. It is better to buy a directory with photos and descriptions, to have it with you. Then on vacation you will have another fascinating culinary hobby.