Who did not have to experience acute pain? Whether it is a headache, menstrual or toothache, we use painkillers to get rid of it. But there are so many of them, and they all differ in the way of action, side effects and other features. Today we will tell you what the “Ketanov” tablets are about and how to take them correctly.
Pharmacological properties and dosage form of the drug
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agent "Ketanov" in the pharmacy network is presented in two dosage forms, such as:
- Alcohol solution for injection in 1 ml ampoules. There is 30 mg of active ingredient per 1 ml of solution.
- Tablets with a film coating of 10 mg of the active substance.
The active ingredient "Ketanova" - Ketorolaka tromethamine. The rest of the composition is presented in the form of fillers and auxiliary substances. These include:
- sodium chloride;
- solid hydrophilic sorbent - silica gel, etc.
The active substance, getting into the blood, inhibits the process of prostaglandin biosynthesis. And although "Ketanov" and belongs to the group of anti-inflammatory drugs, its analgesic properties are systemic in nature and significantly exceed the other characteristics.
Tablets "Ketanov" compares favorably with other types of painkillers:
- unlike analgesics with a narcotic effect, they do not inhibit the functioning of the respiratory center of the body;
- This drug differs from morphine in that it does not have a negative effect on the heart and does not lead to impaired hemodynamics of the patient;
- it is distinguished from analgesics of central action by the absence of influence on the psychomotor.
Indications and dosage
The instructions for use of tablets "Ketanov" prescribed their use for the treatment of short-term acute pain, for example, after surgery and during accidental injuries such as bone fractures, sprains and muscles. Also, the following indications for the use of tablets "Ketanov" are distinguished:
- symptoms associated with sudden back pain;
- muscle pain;
- postpartum pain syndrome;
Unwanted effects can be minimized by using the lowest dose for the shortest period necessary to eliminate the pain symptoms. The dosage should be adjusted according to the intensity of the pain.
The average therapeutic dose is one tablet every 4-6 hours. The maximum daily dose of "Ketanov" should not exceed 40 mg. Tablets with a film coating use no more than 7 days. For patients whose weight does not exceed 50 kg, as well as for the age group over 65, the consumption rate can be reduced to 50%.
When is pill use contraindicated?
In the annotation to the tablets "Ketanov" the following contraindications to the use are indicated:
- hypersensitivity to the active substance or one of the fillers in accordance with the composition;
- third trimester of gestation, childbirth and lactation;
- peptic ulcer disease;
- the presence of internal bleeding or perforation of the intestinal walls;
- intraintestinal inflammatory processes;
- severe liver dysfunction associated with cirrhosis and ascites;
- moderate to severe renal failure;
- severe heart failure;
- postoperative condition when using the apparatus of artificial heart and respiration;
- there is a risk of bleeding after surgery, because the drug inhibits the activity of platelets.
The use of "Ketanov" tablets together with aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, as well as children under 16 years of age is strictly not allowed.
Possible side effects
Mention of the incidence of side effects of the drug implies the following indicators:
- Very frequent - more than 1 case for 10 uses of the drug.
- Frequent - more than 1 out of 100, but less than 1 out of 10.
- Sometimes - more than 1 case per 1000, but less than 1 out of 100.
- Rare - more than 1 in 10,000 cases, but less than 1 in 1,000.
- Very rare - less than 1 case per 10,000 patients.
- Very frequent - headache (17%).
- Sometimes - dizziness, drowsiness, sweating, blurred vision.
- Rare - sleep disorders, anxiety, depression, dry mouth, euphoria and hallucinations, hyperkinesia and difficulty concentrating, myalgia and nervousness.
- Very rarely - aseptic meningitis, convulsions, psychotic reactions.
- Often - arterial hypertension.
- Sometimes - pallor, palpitations.
- Rarely - bradycardia, skin hyperemia, hypotension, chest pain.
Blood or lymph:
- Often - thrombocytopenic purpura.
- Sometimes - nosebleeds.
- Rarely - thrombocytopenia, postoperative bleeding.
- Very often - nausea (12%), dyspepsia (12%), pain and discomfort in the stomach (13%).
- Often - constipation, diarrhea, bloating, stomatitis, vomiting.
- Rarely - gastrointestinal ulcers, loss of appetite, esophageal reflux, gastritis, rectal bleeding.
- Very rarely - internal bleeding, vomiting with blood, esophagitis, pancreatitis, gastrointestinal perforation, black stools.
- Sometimes - itching, rash.
- Rarely - acne.
- Extremely rare - dermatitis, bullous reactions, epidermal necrolysis of toxic nature, maculopapular exanthema.
What do users say about the drug?
Consider user reviews about tablets "Ketanov":
Natalia: "The medicine is good in all respects, starting from the price and ending with the analgesic effect, especially with toothache."
Victoria: "Cool pills, my girlfriend advised them. They are very effective for painful periods. Only I have an individual reaction to them: even after ½ pills I sleep very well."
Traditionally, we remind you about the dangers of self-medication and uncontrolled medication. Be sure to carefully read the instructions on the insert before use. Be healthy!